Tying Up in the Car?

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
dudejupe
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Tying Up in the Car?

Unread post by dudejupe »

I would honestly worry more about the cops knocking on my window and having to explain the situation.

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

dudejupe wrote:I would honestly worry more about the cops knocking on my window and having to explain the situation.
     Yes - I think I would worry about that, too. I would not contemplate doing what I suggested those years ago. If I recall correctly, I was simply responding to someone who was interested in things of that sort, and I got the idea, so I thought I'd suggest it, just in case it interested them - without any implication that I thought it was a good idea myself.
     Still, when you said that, I did wonder if there would be anything illegal about doing that; but then realized that, if the police officers' real motivation for stopping you was nothing more than a kind of red-neck "ick" factor about bondage, they would always be able to come up with a plausible thing to charge you with, such as failure to maintain proper control over a motor vehicle, or something of that sort - just so they they could punish a disgusting pervert (as they might see it).
     For all the much-vaunted openness in recent decades about sexuality, alternate life-styles, and anything unorthodox, I think we still have light-years to go to reach true social acceptance. Very likely the increasing acceptance of things like gay marriage in some countries is only a tiny first step on that long trudge into the future, kicking and screaming all the way. I think we are at a stage now where admitting to people generally an interest in bondage would be about like admitting to being gay in the 1950s or earlier.

Regards, Michael.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

As for police discovering a bound person in a car, they would most likely verify that's not unlawful restraint first. Someone will very definitely have a lot of explaining to do!

Assuming it's consensual, they could still charge one with safety violations such as not using seat belts or riding in a trunk. So if anyone is considering bondage in a car- avoid the trunk and buckle up for safety! :twisted:

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Franzia wrote:As for police discovering a bound person in a car, they would most likely verify that's not unlawful restraint first. Someone will very definitely have a lot of explaining to do!
     Would just something along the lines of, "I like doing bondage" work, considering that it doesn't seem to be illegal as long as it's consensual? I guess, as I suggested before, it would almost certainly result in charges for a driver in any kind of bondage of not controlling a motor vehicle properly. But perhaps it would be less troublesome for anyone not in the driver's seat - as long as they were willing to risk the embarrassment of having to tell police they are into bondage.
Franzia wrote:Assuming it's consensual, they could still charge one with safety violations such as not using seat belts or riding in a trunk. So if anyone is considering bondage in a car- avoid the trunk and buckle up for safety! :twisted:
     That is a pity: to my mind, the trunk of a car is by far the most interesting part from a bondage point of view. And, as long as you do nothing publicly visible that looks odd, and obey all road laws, I suppose the chances of police finding you with someone in the trunk are very low indeed.
     Being stopped for a random search seems the only way that could happen - and I have never had that in the 18 years or so I have been driving. I guess if you have come to the attention of police before, it may be more likely (they may monitor certain number-plates, and with computers, cameras, and so on, it's probably easier to do that now), or if you have a certain personal appearance or style of car that the police would stereotypically consider suspicious, again it might cause problems. But if you don't fit these patterns that tend to attract police attention, I'd say the chances of being stopped for a search would usually be pretty low - maybe an acceptable risk for some people who want to do things with car or trunk bondage.

Regards, Michael.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

If one is willing to risk the possibility of a police stop, a car trunk can be an ideal bondage location, the main advantage being no one can see what's in it. But some precautions should be taken. Make sure there is no exhaust drifting into it, and if it has a fold down rear seat, consider leaving it down for ventilation- a trunk can get really hot. And with the rear seat down you could hear a safeword as long as you aren't playing music too loud. Just don't have a rear end collision!

A trunk could be suitable for sb also if the engine is not running, it's not too hot, and you can reach the release latch.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

Hello Franzia,

I would have to disagree with you about the trunk being an ideal place for transporting a (willing) captive.
First of all, just about every modern car I have seen has an internal release mechanism just in case a person gets inadvertently trapped inside.
Next, if you are actually driving anywhere, the trunk is quite unsafe. In modern cars, it isn't particularly well protected because it is considered one of the expendable "crush zones" to protect the passenger compartment.
I believe a safer idea would be to keep your captive in chains in the back seat of the car but not attached to anything.
With some effort they can get the doors unlocked and get out, but that would be embarrassing for them as well as the captor.
In our area, there is no seat belt requirement for a rear seat passenger, so that would not keep our precious captive stuck in the event of an accident.

- Stahlketten.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

I agree a trunk is not the safest place in an accident, I mentioned rear end collisions. It just depends on the risk level some may be willing to take. And the release latch would be useful as an emergency release in a self bondage scenario in a parked car.

Stahlketten, you are correct about the back seat- it would be safer. Only downside to that is visibility, any passing truck driver or SUV could see the bound 'victim'. It might be best to toss a blanket or sheet over them. ;)

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Franzia wrote:And the release latch would be useful as an emergency release in a self bondage scenario in a parked car.
     I appreciate that an emergency release lever or button in a car trunk may be the only way of getting out of the trunk, and thus the only way of using it for self-bondage. But if you can pop it open at any moment, in what sense are you locked inside? How is it different from just putting yourself in a room or cupboard and pulling the door shut? I would just calling this shutting oneself in a closed space, not self-bondage in any sense.

Regards, Michael.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Assuming one's hands are tied or cuffed- whether handcuffs or whatever, after release from them, you will need some way of getting out of the trunk eventually. Unless you just thump around in there hoping someone may hear you.. in hours or days. :lol:

steellover
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by steellover »

Stahlketten wrote:Hello Franzia,

I would have to disagree with you about the trunk being an ideal place for transporting a (willing) captive.
First of all, just about every modern car I have seen has an internal release mechanism just in case a person gets inadvertently trapped inside.
Next, if you are actually driving anywhere, the trunk is quite unsafe. In modern cars, it isn't particularly well protected because it is considered one of the expendable "crush zones" to protect the passenger compartment.
I believe a safer idea would be to keep your captive in chains in the back seat of the car but not attached to anything.
With some effort they can get the doors unlocked and get out, but that would be embarrassing for them as well as the captor.
In our area, there is no seat belt requirement for a rear seat passenger, so that would not keep our precious captive stuck in the event of an accident.

- Stahlketten.
I agree about the trunk being unsafe and for the reasons you mentioned. The back seat may be better than you think, however. The back doors on most modern cars have a button on the side of the door near the latch; slide it to one side and the door opens normally, slide it to the other side and the door only opens from the outside. It's a child safety feature and my old 1991 Acclaim had it so I'm sure the newer cars have it as well. Getting out would thus require climbing over the front seat and exiting through the front door. Possible, but difficult depending on how the person was restrained.

Hertoy
Chair Bound

Unread post by Hertoy »

In some vans and SUV's there's enough room in the back for a really secure 4 point restraint. :twisted:
Mistress ! No ! Please ! Don't ! Stop !

joe01
Chair Bound

Unread post by joe01 »

Okay, now that I've read this thread and am thoroughly turned on... who is going to tie me up in their car? :oops:

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Franzia wrote:Assuming one's hands are tied or cuffed- whether handcuffs or whatever, after release from them, you will need some way of getting out of the trunk eventually. Unless you just thump around in there hoping someone may hear you.. in hours or days. :lol:
     I do appreciate this point (assuming it is responding to my previous post), and realize I did not frame my previous post in a very clear manner.
     I asked in what sense is one is locked in if there is an emergency release that can be used at any time. Well, I would still maintain that you are not locked in if you can get out at a time of your choice (seems obvious, somehow - even tautological).
     But of course I would not dream of locking myself in any place where there was no way out at all, and would not encourage anyone else to do so. Of course, what I had in mind in my previous comment (but neglected to mention it) was that the ideal self-bondage is one where there *is* an ultimate way out, but it is time-dependent, so that, until that time comes, you are truly locked in (chained, handcuffed, whatever). This is what I do myself, as I've mentioned on previous occasions.
     I cannot think of any way of doing this with car trunks - so the only rational way I can regard trunks is to consider them completely unsuitable for self-bondage, and to reject them - however much the idea of being trapped in one may otherwise seem.
     That is really what I meant to convey: I did not intend at any stage to advocate locking oneself in a trunk with no possible way of release ultimately, just because that is necessary to be truly locked in.

Regards, Michael.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

LockedInALocker wrote:I asked in what sense is one is locked in if there is an emergency release that can be used at any time. Well, I would still maintain that you are not locked in if you can get out at a time of your choice (seems obvious, somehow - even tautological).
Yes! Obviously the emergency trunk release latch could and would be used at any time to finally emerge from the vehicle. I was just thinking of one being locked or restrained in such a way as to prevent them from reaching the latch until they were released from the cuffs first.

Although I'm not sure if it could be done- one would have to fumble around in darkness, waiting for a timer to release the key, and even then one might still be able to reach the latch with cuffed hands. So forget the trunk idea unless you have an assistant. And unless the rear seat is folded down, it's still not safe due to heat and lack of ventilation. Instead of the trunk, the back seat, a van or SUV would be more suitable.

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Petrajane »

Thinking about this topic, what might happen if you were in the trunk of a car, or in the bed of a van, parked up somewhere whilst your "captor" went off shopping, what might the chances be of your car/van being stolen with you in it! :o

MIGHT make for an interesting (read as: very scary/terrifying ordeal) journey, especially if the car thief didn't know you were in the trunk/boot, had his joy ride, fled from the police and after dumping the car, torched it!!

FatherOfFour
Chair Bound

Unread post by FatherOfFour »

Have anyone tried a similar method of tying in the driver's seat as mine?
(previous post: http://boundforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 99#p904939)

I also would like to know if You consider it safe to kink while driving?
I did it and didn't felt "distracted" and I also know drivers that take "working girls" on "trips", although the vast majority do it while parked (in the woods).

Thank You,
Have fun, drive safe,
f4

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Not all seat belts work the same way.
Some only lock when the car is under acceleration or deceleration because a pendulum controls the locking mechanism so in normal use, it extends and retracts freely. Deceleration is the only time I have felt the belts lock, but I have taken out seat belts and have seen how the mechanism works.

In response to an earlier post, I have had a 4 door sedan that had child locks on the rear doors. Although I knew the feature was there, I never actually used it even when the kids were small. Once they were out of child seats, they had enough sense not to be opening doors while moving.

If you absolutely have to restrain someone in the trunk of your car (hopefully only while the car is parked), either you can cut off the emergency latch or tape it into an inaccessible area such as under the framing of the trunk lid or even fasten it into place with a hose clamp so that it can't be used.

- Stahlketten

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

By the way, in the news there was a case of a man who had run over a bicyclist or pedestrian while he was getting a blow job while driving. I would not want to be involved in such a situation.

- Stahlketten

FatherOfFour
Chair Bound

Unread post by FatherOfFour »

Thank You,
I thought it would be dangerous, but, on the other hand, year by year I witness (big crowdy city) some dick-head fender-bending for looking at some bimbo on the sidewalk...

I feel safer with my eyes glued on the road while my body is tormented... I also drive mostly at night...
And also, I don't come! I do SB for the thrill of it, for sexual build-up (like a prelude...), but my wife receives all the energy/frustration/relief/... or simply love that I am capable of...

About seat-belts, I've searched (even in auto-markets) for a model with "child lock": draw till the end, and then when released, they don't give back _at_all_! I have some ideas to use them...

For You, maybe not the seat-belts in Your car, but elastic cords? or any other belt?

Have fun, everywhere
f4

inallwaysbound
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by inallwaysbound »

There's an interesting Youtube video about this. A couple people are locked (looks like an armbinder, with spandex suits,

and a hood/gag setup) in the back seat of a big SUV, with magic wands secured to their crotches. When the SUV brakes, on

come the vibrators. Looks like the windows are darkly tinted. Ill try to find the name of it, it wasn't really a fitting title.

Something about "tied like a hog", or similar. Same couple are also chair tied at a BoundCon event in another of their

videos. Looks like fun! Our windows aren't tinted, or else Id be very tempted to hook up the brake light relay to an AC

inverter....