wrist suspension

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
lanad
Tightly Hogtied

wrist suspension

Unread post by lanad »

I would like to ask a question about suspended by the wrists alone, how long could you stay hanging by your wrists,

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: wrist suspension

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

If you are heavy, not very long...
if you are small, longer...
But... the wrist was not designed to support your weight...
With your hands over your head, the blood will drain out and they will go to sleep... (pins and needles)
then you will loose their ability to get you out...

Try it where you tie your wrists together, then hook them over your head, then bend your knees to take the weight off your feet...
Then see how long you can take it, and still have control of your arms...
That would be your long mark...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

lanad
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by lanad »

I ask as when I watched a video of my self I noticed that my hands were slowly turning a bit dark, I didn't notice at the time, and I could only just touch the floor with my toe, but I think that the session was to long, 40 min is that to long.?

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

In this case... I would say somewhere between almost and yes...
Depending on what / how your wrists were tied, there could be ways to extend that time.
Wrist hanging would put a lot of pressure on the thumb base of the hand, not a place designed for the strain.
You may be able to extend that time by using your hands/ fingers to grip a pole...
But, what is to keep you from letting go early???
Try nipple clamps tied over the pole, so that when you drop down, you pull the clamps off...
Just don't use clover clamps... you may leave more handing on the pole than just the clamps!!! :shock: :o :cry:
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Cd Tammy »

I do not quite do suspension. Raising the wrists to the point where, in high heels, I am forced to stand on my toes, is my limit. I can comfortable stand that way... not long. I have stood that way for 14 hours before. The next day, I ached all over from that one.

lanad
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by lanad »

my god 14 hours, you must have been well entertained.
I'm getting a firm impression that there are two ways to hang from your wrists,
hanging from your hands, with the support just below the thump, I don't think you can last that long at all,
hanging by the wrists, much more comfortably and last as long as you want,

BoundCharlotte
Chair Bound

Unread post by BoundCharlotte »

It's better to bind the whole forarm and distribute the load. You will last longer that way. In longer term suspension scenes subs are generally supported by their middle and arms/legs only take a small amount of weight. Hanging by wrist can cause wrist damage as well as even dislocating a shoulder

this_girl
Chair Bound

Unread post by this_girl »

I cannot remember where I read it, whether it was a "real" fact or an enhancement to a novel, but the maximum time for suspending one's entire weight from one's arms above the head is 30 minutes before losing consciousness. This seems like a short time, especially for a lightweight fit person.

However, crucifixion, which is an execution method based on the same principle, provided a support for the feet to extend the time before the victim lost consciousness. This was to make the public execution more "entertaining" and more of a precautionary lesson for the audience.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

Using just regular bondage such as ropes for wrist suspension is a bit dangerous as is using handcuffs.
I have been suspended in handcuffs (very well padded of course) and done in a way that kept the cuffs rigid.
That was not bad but not comfortable either.

I have heard that suspension cuffs that are shaped like a cone are pretty comfortable but do not own nor have I used a set.

There is a pretty big difference between simple over the head suspension and with arms apart as in a crucifixion position.
From what I have read, an unsupported crucifixion position with just the wrists bound will cause the victim to lose the ability to breathe in a matter of a few minutes. The time can be extended by binding the upper arms to the cross beams.
The footnote to this article was that the author had died in a self bondage accident before the article's publication.

this_girl
Chair Bound

Suspension mittens certainly look like they should be more comfortable and less damaging to you hands. However, they are useless for self bondage (how do you fasten them on securely?) and they are not going to increase the time that you can safely hang.

selfboundslave
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by selfboundslave »

this_girl wrote:Suspension mittens certainly look like they should be more comfortable and less damaging to you hands. However, they are useless for self bondage (how do you fasten them on securely?) and they are not going to increase the time that you can safely hang.
I use leather suspension cuffs (not mittens, though) for selfbondage. Both for lying down spreadeagle and for hanging.

this_girl
Chair Bound

Subject: wrist suspension
selfboundslave wrote:
this_girl wrote:Suspension mittens certainly look like they should be more comfortable and less damaging to you hands. However, they are useless for self bondage (how do you fasten them on securely?) and they are not going to increase the time that you can safely hang.
I use leather suspension cuffs (not mittens, though) for selfbondage. Both for lying down spreadeagle and for hanging.
I am interested. Is there any chance that you could post images or links to your suspension cuffs?

selfboundslave
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by selfboundslave »

this_girl
Chair Bound

Thank you so much. A suspension device that can be used without help. I shall be getting some for me.