Insex Sarcophagus

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
inallwaysbound
Unfettered Newbie

Insex Sarcophagus

Unread post by inallwaysbound »

Anyone else here thought of trying to DIY build one? Im thinking about it, just not 100% sure how to start. I wish it was easier to make a full body mold, I have all kinds of bad ideas I could set myself up to be locked in....

My idea so far would be: Get in my darlex sleepsack, and have my wife take as accurate measurements as possible, with a drawing of where each said measurement came from , then stuff the sack with clothes, until it is at the same dimensions. Then lay that out, so it can be looked at from the outside, by me. Im thinking cardboard templates of the outside shape, almost like an old wooden boats ribs. Other fun idea, another session of duct tape mummification, with the tape carefully cut, so it could be connected together, and possibly filled with expanding foam??

Ive done a lot of fiberglass work in car stereos thru the years, so my first idea for the main structure would be fleece material with a few coats of resin would be my main body for the case. Probably should do so reinforcing of some kind, wire mesh, perhaps?

then, once the body is done, there's the task of cutting it in half. Scary, after what will have been some pretty serious work.

And then, it will need to be reinforced again, where the two halves meet, so the hinges/ latching system can be attached.

After that, it will need to be coated more, so it can be sanded smooth. Lined with rubber something or other (truck bed liner???...And finished for painting.

As I type, Im realizing how much work we are talking, but seeing the pictures of theirs, it should be worth it.

Please respond with any ideas you may have, and Ill keep this posted, if I get it started soon enough.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: Insex Sarcophagus

Unread post by Franzia »

It would be a lot of time and effort for sure, but it would be awesome if everything worked out as planned!

If I were to tackle a project of this kind I might start with a crate/coffin sort of thing, and work from there adding whatever padding or insulation was needed. As a preliminary experiment, it wouldn't be the same as a sarcophagus of course, but it would be an easier project and some practical experience may be gained.

GrinderTX
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by GrinderTX »

Judging by its glossy surface finish and underlying pattern, that sarcophagus was made by layering fiberglass and resin inside two concave molds. The latches, edge overlap, and other details look similar to travel-cases for instruments, might even be at local hardware stores. Finding or making polished molds might be challenging, but layup over convex foam plugs could make top-bottom shells in the correct shapes. If you have a go at it, be sure to read up on foam vs resin compatibility.

GTx

inallwaysbound
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by inallwaysbound »

Like i said in my last post below, I've been really bust for the last month or so, but will be getting back to the projects soon. We will be doing a duct tape mummification, with careful cutting, and re-taping, it will be the base for my design. I have a few 10 gallon kits, plus some 2 gallon kits of industrial epoxy, and plan on doing an outer shell made of fleece, painted with epoxy, 5 or 6 coats, then sanded smooth, and painted to match our other "furniture" in the room.. The interior will be lined with a soundproofing used in car audio, then a neoprene liner, if I can get that smooth enough. If not, it will be a few layers of "paint-able rubber". I have all of the hardware picked out, and set aside. Also found a nice quiet fan, intended for a computer, that will allow some airflow inside the shell. I have been thinking about some lower-tech suction areas molded in with clear domes, kind of like the "serious kit", only with a simple on/off instead of all the bells and whistles. Not sure though. I just need to get the major epoxy work done before it gets too cold to have the shop wide open.