Inflatable bag.

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Inflatable bag.

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

Hallo.

I'm wondering if anyone might have any ideas for inflatable bags of one sort or another.
     For me, this idea began with an inflatable surfboard bag I discovered some years ago - the Soma Airbag Designs surfboard bag (see http://www.airbagdesigns.com - also YouTube has several videos showing it). I have discussed this on the forum before, I think. Although the web site and YouTube videos are still there, I believe that this company went out of business a few years ago, and that their products are no longer for sale, and turn up used only occasionally. Even so, if you get one of these bags, there is a good chance (perhaps over 50 percent) that the inflatable chambers in it will either have leaks from the outset, or develop them after not too much time. I know, because I bought a few of these bags.
     While I may buy again if any turn up, I have almost given up on these, and started thinking about possible alternatives, because I really like being locked in a bag where I am completely surrounded by inflated chambers.
     One idea is this: get two long but narrow air mattresses, a very large surfboard bag (an ordinary one), put the air mattresses inside the bag (inflated fully or partially, after finding out by trial and error which works best), get inside between the air mattresses, and zip up the bag, and lock it from inside with a padlock. But, with a little bit of thinking, I realized this may not work, because there may be no air mattresses narrow enough to fit inside even the largest surfboard bag (which is probably the DaKine Ultimate Traveler - which itself may be hard or impossible to get now). After all, air mattresses are designed to use for either lying in the sun or else floating in the water, and would be designed for comfort, not bondage purposes, and so are very likely to be quite wide.
     Has anyone ever tried anything of this sort? I would be glad to get any ideas for this. Does anyone know of a narrow air mattress that might work (or a super-wide surfboard bag)? Are air mattresses typically strong enough that you could be locked between them and be able to squirm around or struggle without having to worry about puncturing them? Or, to go back to the original idea of inflatable surfboard bags, does anyone know of another brand of such a bag? (I do know of two others that were proposed, but never got past the stage of prototypes.)
     Is there anyone here who likes bondage involving containment and inflatable items, and might they have any other interesting ideas to try?
     Thank you.

Regards, Michael.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: Inflatable bag.

Unread post by Franzia »

An alternative to an inflatable surfboard bag might be an inflatable bodybag. I don't know the price comparison, but wouldn't the effect be similar? Or, if you could do without inflation and prefer enclosure without mummification, a loose fitting sleepsack might be the perfect thing.

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Franzia wrote:An alternative to an inflatable surfboard bag might be an inflatable bodybag. I don't know the price comparison, but wouldn't the effect be similar? Or, if you could do without inflation and prefer enclosure without mummification, a loose fitting sleepsack might be the perfect thing.
     Thanks for your suggestions.
     I have often considered things such as body bags and sleepsacks. But what I forgot to mention is that I have to be able to lock myself into it, and any time I have seen pictures or videos of these items, they don't look suitable for solo use. I do already use (non-inflatable) surfboard bags (in fact, I often sleep inside one - padlocked, of course), but, for the purpose of this query, I was especially interested in the inflatable aspect. But I have never got the impression inflatable items designed for bondage are usable by oneself.
     Do you know of any exceptions to that? I would consider buying anything that could be used solo, with a level of safety I considered acceptable.

Regards, Michael.

Amos101010
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Amos101010 »

If you are intent on using a surf board bag have you thought about using an air bed inserted in the bag as well

Edited for typos (fat fingers)

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Amos101010 wrote:If you are intent on using a surf board bag have you thought about using an air bed inserted in the bag as well
     Well, I did mention an "air mattress" before - is that the same as an air bed? I don't really know a lot about this. My main doubt about that idea was that I was sure such an item would be far too wide to fit in a surfboard bag. I suppose I need to go round to shops that sell such things and find out. I suppose I would really want two - one above me and one below me; but partial inflation may be sufficient. And I do wonder whether most air mattresses or beds are tough enough to survive this kind of use without puncturing. I guess I just have to try it and see: I have always maintained that making mistakes (and so wasting money on purchases that turn out to be unsuitable) has always been an inherent risk of this rather strange hobby.
     Perhaps I will make a point of that in the coming week... And I do have a surfboard bag that is far too roomy by itself; in fact most are, but I normally fill up the space by putting in a lot of those padded surfboard dividers that come with surfboard bags. Also, I have sometimes put one smaller surfboard bag inside another larger one; it's do-able if you arrange the zippers on both to be right next to your face.
     As to being intent on using a surfboard bag: I do that because I have found it suitable for certain types of bondage, but I am open to considering other ideas. There are many items designed for bondage that might give a roughly similar effect (perhaps better) which I would like to try but haven't; but the problem with those is that I often have doubts about their safety for solo use: some (perhaps most) are absolutely impsosible for solo use, while others may be usable, but unacceptably dangerous (and often widely acknowledged to be, such as vacuum beds or cubes, or sleepsacks). It seems to me that almost no bondage equipment is designed for solo use, and I suppose no manufacturer or seller is ever going to endorse it for such, lest they be sued in the event that something goes wrong and the buyer is injured or even dies. This is the main reason I believe I have never used any item that was specifically designed for bondage.

Regards, Michael.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

LockedInALocker wrote: It seems to me that almost no bondage equipment is designed for solo use...

Obviously vacbeds are not something for solo use (amoung some other things), but otherwise it mostly depends on design and how it is used.

As for the surfboard bag idea: an air bed or air mattress intended for a bed would definitely be too large; however the ones for swimming or pool use may work, as some of them are quite narrow. And cheap too, so it's no great loss if it doesn't work out.

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Thanks for the suggestions, Franzia.
Franzia wrote:
LockedInALocker wrote: It seems to me that almost no bondage equipment is designed for solo use...

Obviously vacbeds are not something for solo use (amoung some other things), but otherwise it mostly depends on design and how it is used.
     And I'm guessing sleepsacks would be in the same category, too. A pity; a vacuum bad (or cube) and a sleepsack are the two bondage items I would most like to try.
Franzia wrote:As for the surfboard bag idea: an air bed or air mattress intended for a bed would definitely be too large; however the ones for swimming or pool use may work, as some of them are quite narrow. And cheap too, so it's no great loss if it doesn't work out.
     Yes, as I've just found out. I visited a rubber store today, just to see what was available, to get an overall idea. I didn't see anything there intended for use as a bed; but I did see a few "air mats" which clearly are in the "use for swimming" category. 27" x 68" (I think 68"). Difficult to tell if they will quite fit, but it seemed close enough, and the price cheap enough, that I bought two of them. Some things you find out only by trying them.
     Whether they will be tough enough to survive the use to which I will put them, I don't know - again, perhaps only to be found out by trying. However, as you mentioned, they are cheap enough not to agonize over that too much. While clearly they wouldn't survive being battered by anything even slightly sharp, I am hoping they will be tough enough that, without any sort of tools or implements, it will be impossible for me to puncture them.

Regards, Michael.

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

I assembled two cheap simple sleeping bags of the sort which can be completely unzipped and then zipped together to make a double, and two single airbeds to go inside, one above and one below. Total cost around £20 ($25, €22). Unfortunately at that point I split up with the woman who until then shared my interests and haven't figured out a way to safely inflate (and deflate) them solo.

traemorluna
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by traemorluna »

[*]Hello, don't know if this is way out of date for you or not, but after reading your question on what to do with the replacement style inflatable style bed you are wanting to try, there is a company called select comfort beds, their beds are a combination of a outer covering with zippers similar to that of a normal single up to king size bed mattress. However when it arrives depending on your size you are selecting or just the replacement parts which I am going to suggest you try to purchase, which are round elongated rather thick rubber tubes. normally the length of an average size mattress from head to toe. roughly 80 inches in length, or 203 cm, each tube has a hose connection which normally would connect to a series of hoses which in turn connect to a control box which then would connect to a control remote which would allow a person to control their individual sleep number or select number for less firm or less air, or a really firm bed where each chamber gives very little. I have such a bed, and then wanted to try different types of restrictive movements with my husband, and tried various different containers or enclosures, we even did try a similar surfboard carrier of which we have I think we still have three different ones, one is similar to the inflatable surfboard carrier, another has a stiff Kevlar outer shell but allows just enough room for the inflation tubes and one person then another layer on the other side. the stiffer container though is more of a toolbox design which has the main top zipper that runs lengthwise from one end to the other but when opened, the two top parts swing to the left or right allowing a person to lay down in the centre of the bottom and then with the nylon ribbon I have attached to pull the zipper up and closed from within from the legs then the head one down to the handles letting me or my Husband lock from within, now back to the individual chanbers, once your pressure is desired, you can unscrew the hoses and leave them inflated as such or you can make holes in your structure to allow the hoses through to control more or less pressure with the remote but you do have to be near a 110V AC outlet for said inflater/ deflator. hope this might help you in your restrictive plight. later Traemorluna