Time Lock Safes

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
copperfox
Chair Bound

Time Lock Safes

Unread post by copperfox »

I’ve seen some discussion recently about the “timer lock” padlock and the “kitchen safe” locking plastic container being used to keep keys out of reach during self-bondage, but I don’t think I’ve seen anything regarding timed locking safes. There’s two on the market right now that I’ve been looking at:

Genie Hand (http://www.geniehand.com): Portable time lock safes, wired time lock safes, and time-delay (anti-robbery) safes. $200-$500.

Saturn Safes (http://www.saturnsafes.com): Standard safes, depository safes, and fire safes. $140-$324

I really like the idea of both the wired time lock safe by Genie Hand and the fire safe by Saturn, but I haven’t found any reviews from the kink community concerning their usage and reliability. These seem like they would be great for the job, and they also have keys that will work in case of of an electronic failure (e.g. dead batteries, power failure). In our scenario, the key would either be given to a friend or maybe even stored in a bank security deposit box...so the worst case scenario is that I’d potentially have to wait until the next day to get free. Thoughts?

Amos101010
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Time Lock Safes

Unread post by Amos101010 »

I built my own timer safe, I used a bog standard electronic safe(the cheapest I could find), and a time board from Ebay which was programable up to 999 hours (over41 days), it was self contained 12v battery powered , and it cost me about £25 and a few hours to make
if your intrested I'll dig it out and post you some more info on it,

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

Similar to Amos101010 - a small electronic safe for about £20 but in my case with a mains relay interrupting one of the wires from the keypad/control board to the release solenoid. The relay is in an insulated box inside the safe with a short mains lead coming out which is plugged into a 7-day digital timer which is plugged into a mains socket also inside, with the mains lead coming out of one of the fixing holes at the back of the safe. The result is fail-locked (otherwise I could just unplug it to open it) but the physical override key is kept somewhere both time-consuming and inconvenient for me to access.

copperfox
Chair Bound

Thank you both for the information! How long have your safes, and have they worked reliably? Have you ever had to get the master key due to a timer malfunction?

I’m also interested in some getting some ideas on where to store the master key. Currently, I’m thinking asking a family friend to keep it for us. I know she and my wife have had some bedroom-type discussions before, but don’t know if it included bondage. So that might be kinda awkward. Another possibility is getting a security deposit box that could be accessed sometime the next day.

So...where do you keep your master key(s)?

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

I must have had mine about ten years.

My spare keys are kept in a combination key holder in a self-store unit that would be a couple of hours round-trip to access.

lotharj
Chair Bound

Unread post by lotharj »

Another angle would be to use the item below. For solo play I would imagine coming up with a very long passcode written down on a sheet of paper and sealed in an envelope for someone to have. You would likely know the code at the time but wouldn't remember it after a few days.

Then you can use the app to issue you a code that won't open until any day/time. Keep a spare 9v battery just in case.

Igloohome Smart Keybox 2 - Storage Lockbox for Keys - Grant & Control Access Remotely - Works Offline https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G8CVQNK

copperfox
Chair Bound

That's definitely something to consider as well, thanks!

Now to see if it makes sense to talk to one of our friends (who knows about our kink) about the possibility of being a key/code holder. I'm sure she would do it, but that still may be the point where things go from weird, to weirder! :D

copperfox
Chair Bound

Just wanted to give a quick update. I ended up buying a fireproof safe from Saturn Safes. However, it’s fitted with a spring wound timer instead the normal electronic timer in which the user has to input specific dates/times as to when the lock can and can’t be opened. The timer can be set anywhere from roughly 15 minutes to 12 hours. I absolutely love it...it’s a much less time-consuming way to set a specific lock-out interval, and being a fireproof safe, there’s no possibility for me to even try to break into it once locked.

As for the key situation, my wife talked with our friend/neighbor (even though I told her not to bring it up yet as I didn’t want any awkwardness...), and it turns out that she’s super cool with it. She already has a key to our house, so she’s just adding that to the key ring. Thanks to the wife, she now knows pretty much everything we do at this point. Apparently, they talk much more than I thought they did. And in fact, we’re starting to think she might be pretty kinky herself. :) She’s a wine drinker, so I’ve told her that if we ever have to call her in the middle of the night—we’ll owe her a bottle of whatever she wants. So, everything ended up working out!

As a secondary backup, I’ve ordered a second master key as well that’s in a security deposit box which can be accessed 7 days a week. Weekend bank hours aren’t great—but the fact that we were able to find a bank open at any point on the weekend was actually surprising to me.

After thoroughly testing it out, I’ve only used the safe one time...it’s unfortunately been a busy couple of weeks. Leather ankle cuffs locked together, wrist cuffs locked behind back, and leather collar. For the first use, I wanted a pretty simple setup, and the timer was only set for about an hour and a half. Immediately getting into bondage, I asked the wife for a hand job, which she wonderfully obliged. At that point, I had the rest of the time to lay in bondage with no way out—even though I really, really wanted to be free. For some dumb reason, I crave that post-orgasm, absolutely helpless, bondage-is-stupid feeling...even though I know that I’m going to want out immediately.

So, now I’ll be planning some more elaborate sessions...we’ll see what this weekend brings. In any case, this seems to be the perfect setup for me. Unlike with the wife, I can’t tell the safe that I was just kidding and really want to be unlocked now. :)

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Unread post by boundBinder »

Okay, you REALLY need to write up your next experience, especially if you have to call for help, from your friend. ;)