Self-bondage if you live alone and have a dog.

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Self-bondage if you live alone and have a dog.

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

Hallo.

Since I have posted far less frequently here more recently, some may not know that I do self-bondage and live alone. My main interest is in locking myself in small containers, by methods I have devised. The locking-in is real, and I cannot get out until a lamp comes on and enables me to read the lock (except by the laborious process of working open a combination lock by going through all 10,000 possible combinations), and I would probably really be unable to break out of most of my containers (lockers, suitcases, duffel bags, cages, surfboard bags, and the like), or able to do so only after a long and strenuous struggle.
     Recently, I have wondered whether I would like to get a dog - border collies appeal to me most of all, and I am considering whether I might get one. I am only at the very early stages of considering this, and doing a certain amount of research, so it's far from certain at this point that I will get a dog.
     Yet a possible question relating self-bondage to this occurs to me. I may be worrying about nothing, but I thought it just as well to ask. It's simply this: are there likely to be any problems, relating to the dog, about doing self-bondage for longish times (a few hours, or all night if I sleep in a container)? Might a dog get upset at seeing or hearing what I am doing, and recognize that I appear (from its point of view) to be in trouble? How might the dog react? Should I always make sure to keep a dog out of any room where I am doing such things? Conceivably, should I even avoid self-bondage altogether if there is a dog in the house? Do I need to choose between self-bondage and a dog?
     I take training and socializing a dog seriously, and would plan to do this properly, probably through a combination of training by myself (aided by reliable advice and good books) and attending dog-training sessions with the dog. Are there any ways of helping the dog adjust to the fact that I do self-bondage in the training I give it?
     Does anyone else who lives alone do any kind of self-bondage and have a dog? Do they ever have any issues, and how do they handle the situation?
     I would appreciate any thoughts or experiences that anyone may be able to tell me, please. I've never had a dog before, and don't believe I deeply understand dogs so far - so I guess I do feel a bit uncertain about this. (I intend to do some reading about dog psychology and training before I actually get a dog.)
     Thank you.

Regards, Michael.

justDIY
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Self-bondage if you live alone and have a dog.

Unread post by justDIY »

Mine doesn't care, but I don't do anything long term, 4-6 hrs at most.

Either I'm locked in my computer controlled self bondage chair, or chained to my bed. The chair is upstairs and I just close the stairway door, dog doesn't like the stairway so hes not keen to find out what is going on up there.

In the bedroom, I just block the doorway a little.

I'm not big on struggling, don't scream out or anything, so I'm pretty quiet other than squirming and moaning if the estim is beating me up.

Get a dog, train it well to not worry about things in general, you'll be fine.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Since dogs all have individual personalities and intelligence levels, it's difficult to precisely predict how one will react. While I don't have a dog at present; my guess is at first the dog may wonder what's going on but will get used to your sessions and just think "Hmm.. he's doing that again..oh well.. where's my chew toy..?" :lol:

Since Border Collies are known for intelligence, I wouldn't think there will be a problem. Indeed, apparently they're so intelligent that one might make a good backup safety person, if only they had hands!

Like justDIY said, don't worry too much about it- you should be fine.

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

Franzia wrote:Since dogs all have individual personalities and intelligence levels, it's difficult to precisely predict how one will react. While I don't have a dog at present; my guess is at first the dog may wonder what's going on but will get used to your sessions and just think "Hmm.. he's doing that again..oh well.. where's my chew toy..?" :lol:
That's pretty much what my last dog did! :) He didn't really seem to care too much what I was doing if it involved self-bondage and/or crossdressing in lots of leather. (I think leather smells wonderful, but I imagine that HE thought it made me smell like a giant chew toy! :lol: ) Still, he'd just usually curl up beside me on the bed (or occasionally on the floor if he thought I was hogging the bed) when I was doing self-bondage. The only thing that he didn't seem to understand at first was my leather sleepsack and he'd sniff, nudge me with his nose, and occasionally paw at it gently the first few times I used it.

My new dog is a little more puppy-ish and wants more attention, so he gets bored if I try anything self-bondage related during the daytime! "What are we doing in bed NOW?" he seems to ask with his face and behavior. "Let's go DO STUFF, like play, or go for a walk! Maybe both? Ohhhhh, I KNOW! Let's go for a ride in the car!!" Eventually he'll lie down and take a nap, but self-bondage isn't as relaxing as it used to be.

The new dog also wants a LOT more attention when he needs to go outside, as in "he wants me to go with him," which doesn't work very well with my "clothing bondage" fetish. With the last dog, I'd just open the door and occasionally peek outside while he did what he needed to do, which worked fine. With the new dog, unless he REALLY has to go, he'll take a few steps and just stop and look around, then look at me to see if I'm coming too. If not, and especially if it's raining or snowing, he'll just turn around and come back inside. "Never mind, I'll just wait 'till you can come with me!" Since he's more puppy-ish, he also got used to long walks in the evening unless the weather is really bad, which doesn't work well with "locking myself into fetish-y outfits so I can't take them off." :P

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RAE123 »

My Cat died a year ago; so nobody to complain about what I am wearing.
rader

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

Thanks for the various opinions about this question.
     So it looks as if it may not be a real problem, although I thought it best to ask, just in case. It's by no means certain I will get a dog at this point, as I have to weigh up a whole of of other issues, too, unrelated to bondage. It would necessitate huge changes, even upheavals, to my whole way of life, and, even though they might be for the better in some ways, I am very hesitant indeed to take that plunge, even though in recent months border collies do seem to have come to fascinate me.
     My self-bondage is not likely to present a dramatic or alarming appearance to a dog, because I am not prone to a lot of shouting or anything, although I do wriggle and struggle a bit from time to time, and that may be visible in containers that have flexible parts (various kinds of luggage), and can be very audible in things like lockers that make a very distinctive, quite loud sound when you squirm inside them.
     justDIY, you mentioned closing the door, so keeping your dog out. But would it concern you a lot if you allowed the dog to enter the area where you are bound? Do you think the dog would just accept that you were doing what you were?
     Yes, border collies are supposed to be *the* most intelligent breed of dog of all. I suspect that is one thing that appeals to me, but, besides that, there's just something about their personality I like.
     It would be handy if you could train one to be your safety release person, although, even if you could devise a release mechanism they could use, such as by pulling with their teeth, you'd never feel you could totally trust them to do it at the right time (or at all). If I were in a bag or sleepsack or something, I'd even have a bit of a concern that they may choose to regard that as their chew toy. If you had a nice, new, expensive bag, that would not be good at all!
     Another point that occurs to me relates to cages or crates. I do have a couple that I occasionally use, although they haven't been one of my more frequent containers, for a few reasons. I am so far open-minded about the issue of whether to crate-train a dog, but am aware that it has many advocates: I will reserve my opinion on that until I've read more about it, or discussed it with people knowledgeable about dogs. I get the feeling that a tradition of crate-training dogs is far stronger in the U.S. than it appears to be in Australia (which is where I am).
     But of course if both the dog and I used cages in our own ways, they would be separate, and I would never let either of us get into the other's cages; but I do wonder whether it would create, shall we say, an interesting situation if we both used cages, and the dog somehow equated them functionally, even if the actual cages used were different. I do wonder whether it could create a few issues if the dog saw me getting locked into a cage similar to the one it used.
     Oh well, that's an issue to be dealt with down the road, I suppose. But the point occurred to me, at least. Perhaps if the dog and I used different styles of cage, the dog may not equate them with each other as being similar objects.

Regards, Michael.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

there are 2 types of people in this world.those of us that love dogs and wouldnt want to live without one,and those that dont deserve what differences a dog in their life will make.
IMHO

d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by d3vious.g3nius »

tiemeupalso wrote:there are 2 types of people in this world.those of us that love dogs and wouldnt want to live without one,and those that dont deserve what differences a dog in their life will make.
IMHO
Three things come to mind reading your post:

1)Off topic much?
2)You used the wrong acronym, as that opinion is not humble in the least!
3)Wondering which one of you is the bitch in that relationship.

Myself, haven't had a dog(s) since I was a teenager. But animals have a personality
and habits same as people. I think that would come into play on the decision
to engage in self bondage or not. And most likely that decision would have to be
made after you acquired a dog and went through a period of acclimation.

Good luck,
d.g
"I am not helpless, I'm simply restrained at the moment!"

vm1971
Chair Bound

Unread post by vm1971 »

Neither of my dogs care that much. The older one ignores me. The other one avoids me...doesn't quite know what to make of it but otherwise behaves.

Neither one would be particularly helpful in freeing me if I were bound and gagged by home invaders. :)