Actual Self Bondage Sleepsack

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Area51
Unfettered Newbie

Actual Self Bondage Sleepsack

Unread post by Area51 »

Check out this video: https://youtu.be/Tx4voy4MXAA

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Actual Self Bondage Sleepsack

Unread post by ruru67 »

Not a great idea for solo because, seriously, zippers are horrendously unreliable self-bondage devices. Things that go wrong:
  • Zipper pull or breaks or jams.
  • Zipper pull gets pulled and damaged by stray movement while bound.
  • Ditto the tether.
  • Zipper catches on zipped garment.
  • Zipper catches on undergarment.
  • When attempting to exit, collar folds over so the tether is effectively pulling "up" rather than down. (This will depend on subtleties of construction - if there is a raised collar that isn't under tension, this is a big risk.)
That's on top of the things that can go wrong that just destroy the zipper and/or suit, and the general risks of having anything tethered to something around your neck.

I had a zip-up straitjacket fail badly on me once, when the zipper caught on my tee shirt underneath and jammed hard. I managed to rip my way out of it - fortunately it was the seams that gave, and I was able to repair it.

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Cd Tammy »

That video was exciting to me. Maybe as an absolute emergency safeguard a razor blade (with the cardboard still on) could be sewn into the spot where the hand is. It would make it possible to get out but will certainly ruin the sleep sack.

Area51
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Area51 »

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

A razor blade even in cardboard is still far too dangerous, could slip out and cut you when you're not in a position to do anything about it and yet hard to handle if you needed to use it. Some use a retractable work knife ('stanley') for the purpose as it's safer and more effective (if a little larger).

inallwaysbound
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by inallwaysbound »

Area51 wrote:Well I did it :D

https://youtu.be/KLIndiUYkRw

That works good, til the collar flops down, and you cant get unzipped... ask me how I know..... Luckily, my Wife thought it was funny when she got home. Then I stayed in for a while longer than I expected....

Area51
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Area51 »

inallwaysbound wrote:
Area51 wrote:Well I did it :D

https://youtu.be/KLIndiUYkRw

That works good, til the collar flops down, and you cant get unzipped... ask me how I know..... Luckily, my Wife thought it was funny when she got home. Then I stayed in for a while longer than I expected....
I have buttons sewn about three inches from the collar which stop it from ever folding over because the zipper can't go past them