Autospanker Project

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
KinkyTrash
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Autospanker Project

Unread post by KinkyTrash »

Good luck! Keep us updated!

Regenpak
Chair Bound

Unread post by Regenpak »

This weekend I intend to tackle the whip swing system and foot shielding. Thw latter will be a sort of bracket also adding stability to the bench. The hardware will be pretty much done after that. Just the finishing touches like padding and covering and the attachment points for restraints and belts.

The controller firmware is then just a connecting the dots exercise.

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

Not really my thing, so I can't offer much in the way of suggestions or feedback - but a few ideas might be found here:

http://www.corpun.com/machine.htm

Or here:

http://spankingart.org/wiki/Spanking_machine

Or just look for "spanking machine" and similar phrases in Google (including Images and Video). There appears to be a lot of stuff on this topic.

Regards, Michael.

KinkyTrash
Tightly Hogtied

Regenpak wrote:This weekend I intend to tackle the whip swing system and foot shielding. Thw latter will be a sort of bracket also adding stability to the bench. The hardware will be pretty much done after that. Just the finishing touches like padding and covering and the attachment points for restraints and belts.

The controller firmware is then just a connecting the dots exercise.
Sounds like everything is going good then! I can't wait to see this thing!

Regenpak
Chair Bound

Had it sidetracked for a bit because of another project (cangue) but this weekend I'll spend some time on it. Both hard- and software.

@ LockedInALocker: none of these designs use a cane or whip. Pretty much all of them have the spankee with the head down. Most design I've already seen...

Regenpak
Chair Bound

Status update: tweaked the high voltage generator a bit. PWM frequency is now 20 kHz. This means spankees that are younger than I am can't hear it working. Decided on four energy levels: 9, 18, 27 and 36 joules. The corresponding VREF levels are 0x7, 0xA, 0xC and 0xF. These values are looked up from two bits from the "random" number that is used to determine the interval time and whipping energy.

Whipper: struggled with the swinger and whipper mount. The mount is between the legs and just to the rear so it's below the butt of the spankee. It's mounted horizontally so it whips in a vertical plane. Since the mount also swings the whip covers a fan shaped area over the butt, with the point pointed downwards. Hm. Maybe I should include some sketches to illustrate... Anyway, since mechanics isn't my forte I can't figure out how to build a construction to swing the whipping platform +/- 45 degrees in the vertical. Something like those old locomotives used. I have a small geared motor that does 12 RPM and is perfect to the job. Gotta visit the hobby store tomorrow for inspiration. Shurely they have hardware to accommodate my needs. Maybe a wheel from a locomotive that attaches to my motor?

Adjustments: if I want to accommodate different sized spankees and not just myself I need to make the whipper position adjustable. Ah. Another design challenge! Maybe I'll just use a couple of those screw-in nuts that I drive into the mounting bar. Easy-peasy.

KinkyTrash
Tightly Hogtied

Ah! Adjustable! Does this mean you have already heard from other volunteers?

Regenpak
Chair Bound

No, I'll just appoint them :twisted:

KinkyTrash
Tightly Hogtied

You are so evil... I love it...

Regenpak
Chair Bound

Status update: after all my other projects were exhausted finally got myself to continue the design. I've solved most hurdles. In my head, so I haven't built anything yet. All hurdles are mechanical, which is a challenge for any electronics engineer.

Hurdle 1: the swinging motion of the whip. This is combined with accommodating various derriere volumes. Since I'm slim I can set my dimensions for minimum and go from there for the heavier victims. The whip must be adjustable across the beam jutting out from the back board of the bench. The travel of the whip from resting position to target area is about 20 cm. With shorter distances the energy transferred to the whip is less, more it reaches the stop before hitting anything. Anyway, the motor driving the swinging needs some kind of attachment that is adjustable.

Hurdle 2: protecting the tailbone. When the whip is vertical it will hit the tailbone. Since there's almost no flesh there that's bad. I need to build an optical gate to detect this position and defer firing until it has moved on. I can reuse the sensor I had above but the interface with the swing motor I haven't figured out. Also need another port on the PIC.

Hurdle 3: restraining the feet. They can reach the whip and damage/interfere with it. Simple strap should suffice.

There's prolly more but that's for later...

Regenpak
Chair Bound

New insight. The swinging motion of the whipping platform kept me busy. Finally decided on a solution: R/C PWM servo. Because these devices are PWM controlled I can just set the position with the controller neatly avoiding the tailbone. Two problems solved with a single device. Leg attachment (actually ankle restraints) will be simple once the whip swinger is designed.

Regenpak
Chair Bound

Good news: electronics DONE. Everything works. Unbelievable. Took me quite a bit of time and effort to get the code right. The masochist that I am I completely wrote it in PIC assembly, just one step above machine code. Oh, and I blew up an IRF640 transistor... But it now resets to center position at startup, moves to a random position when ARM is pressed and can even be set to slow or (more or less) fast whipping. There are four energy levels which are chosen at random, just as the whipping position is.

Now I have to complete the spanking bench itself, mount the servo and the whipper on it and find a volunteer :twisted:

Regenpak
Chair Bound

Bummer. Found the 45 N energy stored in my capacitor isn't enough to move my cane fast enough to produce a significant impact. My bum stays unmarked. I now have two options: increase the voltage or the capacitor. Both mean longer charging times. I also can cut some more off my cane. It's now 70 cm 6 mm carbon fiber rod but sticks out about 15 cm. I could also go for a thinner cane, 5 mm or so. 3 mm is too thin. Hmmm...

Mully
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Mully »

What a great idea....LOVE IT!
I wish I had more electric know how. Im all mechanically minded and know next to nothing about wiring stuff up.

Possible to make not only the power and stroke rate variable but also the location of where it lands?

Hard to tell for me exactly the design you have in mind. Sketch Up or AutoCAD?

Regenpak
Chair Bound

The location is one of three variables, the other being the force and the interval. Right now the force lacks but there's still some room to increase it. I'm at 100 V in my storage capacitor which is the maximum rating for it but with a bigger cap I can go to 160 V which is the limit for the solenoid. This means 1.6^2=2.6 times more force.

The solenoid is mounted on a small hinged platform which is hooked up to a small servo motor. It projects a fan shaped area onto the victim's bottom.