Mummification class

All wrapped up and noplace to go, just the way you like it!
lttk
Unfettered Newbie

Mummification class

Unread post by lttk »

Hi, I'm part of the kink edcational school in my local society and they've asked me to do a class on mummification.

I'm looking for idea's.

How would you teach people how, what, and why , with two hours of time to use?

I'm thinking, start off with what it is and why people would want to try it.
Then follow up with what it feels like.
Compare it to what people think its like, ie latex.
Precautions,
Risks, safety,
Available material,
Techniques,
Effects,
Signs to look for,
Demo of simple techniques up to advanced levels of difficulty,

Think I might leave out the self-mum part thought. I can see these people giving it a try :o

Also what should be the tile of the class besides mummification?

Thanks.
Any insight would be helpfull
lttk
On Fetlife as well. Pm for name.

KinkyTrash
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Mummification class

Unread post by KinkyTrash »

Woah, thats awesome. I want to help, but all my info is on self sessions, because I don't have any partners.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

If, for example, you search the forum for things like "mummification safety" or "mummification materials", you'll find much info already here- possibly more than you'll need! :D Here is one example on safety:
http://boundforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=100786

It would just be a matter of organizing the information for a class. And I might add something pertaining to self-mummification, as no doubt some of the 'students' will attempt it, or have already experimented with it.

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

damn,i need to make a trip to Canada.

lttk
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by lttk »

So far it seems that the ones going to the class are mostly the people I've corrupted, ahem.. wrapped up at some point :p

I'm pretty good at self wrap so yeah ill add a bit of that too.
But its always good to have other experiences to add a different perspective if your up for sharing, KinkyTrash

What would be a good title for the class?

What about materials?
so far I have:
Seran wrap
Palet wrap
Window shrink wrap
Tape
Ace bandages
Cast bandages (not sure of the right name)
Blankets or cloth
Sleeping bag and air matress
What else can we use?

Collecting safety information. Thanks Franzia

If you want to drop by tiemeupalso just Google: society of bastet in halifax, school of kink.

Ive been thinking of what else to add while wrapped for predicament play and this comes to mind from past experiences...
Vibrators
Liquid cooling
Music and sound driven vibrators.
Vibrators driven by door bell, phone ringing, wind, sunlight.
Electricity or tenz units (not familiar with it but know enough to say what not to do)
Motion sensors that triger rewards or penalties (using a micro controler)
Loudness sensors that do the same. (Using a microphone, amp and vibrator instead of a speaker)
Dissorientation ( playing something in another room like voices talking or door opening when they think they are alone)
lttk

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

While I don't know what the best title for the class could be, just make it clear it's not Egyptian Mummification or you may find yourself before a roomful of archeology folks! :lol:

As for materials, even though plastic wrap or tape are fairly popular, you might emphasize things like blankets or spandex for their 'stretchiness' and breathability. Even a plain 'ol white bedsheet, I can assure you, can be a very tight wrap if tape is wound around a few strategic places.

For disorientation there are those various 'sound spa' devices that play sounds like surf, rainfall, thunderstorm and so on. Of course even if one is blindfolded or hooded they're not really going to to think they're mummified on a beach as the tide rolls in, but still, it can mess with one's mind after awhile. :mrgreen:

I can't pretend to know it all so hopefully some others will have ideas to add. Even comments from kinksters not particularly interested in mummification would be helpful for anticipating questions the students may have.

tightleebound1
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by tightleebound1 »

Hope you haven't held the class. I was on the old site, but lost a computer for several years. Now back, even with hi-speed. I enjoy mummification, and am "thrifty" (i.e. CHEAP). Here's how I'm bound by the spouse:
What I have:
Army mummy sleeping bag yard sale $5
15+ belts thrift stores $2-$3 ea
foam padding: can use pillows, but the padding came from various packages over time
pillow case: household item
Golf club "woodies" covers: thrift store $3-$4 ea
ear plugs: local drug
cervical collar: thrift store $3
blindfold: whatever is around that works. I use a sleep mask
gag: this one is the most expensive, as I purchased it thru an adult site. Phallic type with a LONG strap. You'll see why.

First, I'm male; second, since the spouse isn't into this, it's a treat.

I'm required to self-bind the basics: earplugs, blindfold, cervical collar, lower straps (belts) up to the thighs.

The mummy bag is open fully: I enter it; then, using the foam padding, place it between my legs from ankles to above the knee. Bone-to-bone contact is NOT pleasant. Several pillows placed at ankles and knees will also suffice.

Big toes are tied together.
Bag is zipped up to thigh.
Belts are applied at ankles (why the padding is used)
Calf
Below the knee
Above the knee
At the thigh
I insert the ear plugs, put on the blindfold and cervical collar.
At this time, the spouse helps me:
Hands go into the golf club covers (bondage mittens)
Pillow case is placed behind my back - arms are put into same - case is them pulled up to shoulder so hands are seated in the corners of the case. Inner side is tucked under armpits, outer side pulled up over shoulders. I now may down inside the sleeping bag - the weight of my own body holds my arms at my side.

The spouse now zips up the bag, then applies straps (belts) a 2nd time at my thigh, this time holding my wrists down, the waist, forearm, elbow, upper arm, and shoulders. (we're up to 10)

Since the spouse doesn't like padlocks, a rope is run thru the pull of the zipper, run around my neck & tied behind. Even if I could get my hand free, I can't undo the knot.

The gag, with the long strap, is then placed where it should be, and the strap pulled tight. Minimum time: 3 hours.

The beauty of this: all 'household' items - in of themselves very inauspicious. I'm completely helpless, which I love! Should the spouse decide to torment me, she is free to do so, tho' thru the bag it's not as much enjoyment.

My birthday is coming up: I'm hoping for at least 6 hrs.

TB

IndoRaptor
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by IndoRaptor »

Your best bet might be bandages or sheets. I recommend bandages if you really want to make a mummy, but using sheets are faster and easier, you just simply place a person on the top of a sheet, then wrap him/her up.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Sheets are definitely faster and easier than most of the alternative materials. Also they are easily available in many colors, not very expensive and are more breathable than plastic or latex. And if a wrap should be too loose, some strategically placed belts, tape or rope will fix that! ;)

A sheet can also be torn into strips for instant ties, gags or blindfolds. It's a little odd that something with so many advantages isn't more popular.

lttk
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by lttk »

Good timing actually. Class is tomorrow night. I'm just studying up right now :P

Hmm sheets you say, I'll include that.
I've used them although I've gotten so fast at pallet wrap its usually the go to thing.
lttk

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

I would definitely include sheets, even blankets and mummy sleeping bags on the list of materials. As you say, pallet wrap may be faster ( :P ), but a few may not like plastic or rubber because it's clammy, even if the texture does have an organic feel to it.

Good luck with the class! :D

lttk
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by lttk »

Wow, I forgot to update this lol.
Sorry everyone.

Class went pretty good, about 25 people showed up and there was more material than time to explain it all. Looks like there is going to need to be an advanced class :D

A few people that have never tried it are now hooked on it. I was afraid this would happen lol.
lttk

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Well done! :D

Sounds like you're a very convincing instructor. :twisted:

atryingpet
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by atryingpet »

Congrats! I'm glad it went well. I wish I was closer, that sounds like a lot of fun :)
I caved, I'm back on FetLife:
https://fetlife.com/users/6006690

KinkyTrash
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by KinkyTrash »

Sounds like a lot of fun then! :D