Zentai/Spandex Bags

All wrapped up and noplace to go, just the way you like it!
duw_a_wyr
Chair Bound

Zentai/Spandex Bags

Unread post by duw_a_wyr »

So, Zentai bags any good?

What kind of confinement do they offer?

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: Zentai/Spandex Bags

Unread post by Franzia »

They're fine if you're looking for a sort of 'stretchable' tightness. Be careful with the inner sleeved ones though, as they may not be ideal for solo use. ;)

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

I have one of the zentai-type bags, and it's not terribly confining. It's just a stretchy, mummy-shaped bag with a half-zipper on the back and NO internal sleeves.

I mean, yes, you're in a stretchy nylon bag and you can't reach outside, but you can still move your arms and legs around quite a bit, much like a sleeping bag -- if sleeping bags had hoods. ;) It's also fairly easy to get in and out of.

I think it could be more fun with a playmate/partner/significant other on the outside, teasing the "victim" through the fabric, but for solo play it's not that fantastic.

A spandex mummy bag from a place like http://www.spandexwear.com, where the customer can design their own bag with different types of internal sleeves (and many other accessories), could be quite restrictive!

duw_a_wyr
Chair Bound

Unread post by duw_a_wyr »

Yeah looking for something for solo play, so Zentai might be a waste of cash, not that they're that expensive...

Thanks for the input

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

Franzia wrote:Be careful with the inner sleeved ones though, as they may not be ideal for solo use. ;)
     Why? Is that because, in fact, you would be trapped and completely unable to escape? Or maybe because they are too easy to escape from?
stephanie_cd wrote:I have one of the zentai-type bags, and it's not terribly confining. It's just a stretchy, mummy-shaped bag with a half-zipper on the back and NO internal sleeves.
     I think at least some do have internal sleeves. I have seen on YouTube a longish (10-minute or so) video of a man trapped in such a bag, and the way he moved seemed to suggest that his arms were confined in arm-sleeves. He got them out, but seemed to have an incredible difficult, slow struggle to get them out. (It's easy to find it you just search for "sleepsack" in YouTube.) The video ended before he got out entirely; but, even when I saw him struggling just to free his arms, it's difficult to tell if it really was a struggle, or he was just making it look that way for the camera.
     I've also seen shorter videos of people struggling inside tight, stretchy bags with fairly obvious arm-sleeves, and again, it was a terrific struggle, but the complete failure to escape might have been intentional. But seeing it made me feel like trying such a bag myself.
stephanie_cd wrote:I mean, yes, you're in a stretchy nylon bag and you can't reach outside, but you can still move your arms and legs around quite a bit, much like a sleeping bag -- if sleeping bags had hoods. ;) It's also fairly easy to get in and out of.
     I think I agree that I would not find these entirely suitable for solo play; but I am curious: if you were padlocked in, *could* you break out by just tearing the material, if you applied all your strength and didn't care how much you damaged the bag?
stephanie_cd wrote:A spandex mummy bag from a place like http://www.spandexwear.com, where the customer can design their own bag with different types of internal sleeves (and many other accessories), could be quite restrictive!
     Including ones designed for self-bondage? The only thing preventing me from acquiring some kind of sleepsack is a concern about the impossibility, or safety, of using them for solo play - because the idea of a sleepsack appeals very greatly to me. I could be tempted if I found a sack usable for self-bondage, and I was satisfied about the safety of so using it.

Regards, Michael.

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

LockedInALocker wrote:
stephanie_cd wrote:I have one of the zentai-type bags, and it's not terribly confining. It's just a stretchy, mummy-shaped bag with a half-zipper on the back and NO internal sleeves.
     I think at least some do have internal sleeves.
Zentai products come in a wide range of prices and quality, and some of the inexpensive ones can be cheaply constructed indeed. Unless the manufacturer specifically says their mummy bags have internal sleeves, it's probably best to assume that they don't. Close examination of the pictures of all of the lycra zentail mummy bags on eBay right now don't show any sort of stitching that would suggest that they have sleeves either.
LockedInALocker wrote:
stephanie_cd wrote:I mean, yes, you're in a stretchy nylon bag and you can't reach outside, but you can still move your arms and legs around quite a bit, much like a sleeping bag -- if sleeping bags had hoods. ;) It's also fairly easy to get in and out of.
     I think I agree that I would not find these entirely suitable for solo play; but I am curious: if you were padlocked in, *could* you break out by just tearing the material, if you applied all your strength and didn't care how much you damaged the bag?
Good question, and I'll guess "probably." A sharp fingernail or a pair of scissors or a knife anywhere in the house would probably make it even easier, and yes, there is enough stretch that someone inside might be able pick up a pair of scissors through the bag and carefully open and close them with one hand.
LockedInALocker wrote:
stephanie_cd wrote:A spandex mummy bag from a place like http://www.spandexwear.com, where the customer can design their own bag with different types of internal sleeves (and many other accessories), could be quite restrictive!
     Including ones designed for self-bondage? The only thing preventing me from acquiring some kind of sleepsack is a concern about the impossibility, or safety, of using them for solo play - because the idea of a sleepsack appeals very greatly to me. I could be tempted if I found a sack usable for self-bondage, and I was satisfied about the safety of so using it.
Spandexwear's site specifically says this about their mummy bags: "PLAY SAFE: This garment is designed for 2 people- 1 person to wear the Mummy Bag, and another person to assist and supervise. We don't recommend or condone unattended, self-bondage or escape artist games. A number of creative folks have purchased our Bags for self-play, and have figured out that tying a string to certain zippers allows the bag to be zipped closed from the inside. This trick does work for a while, but puts a lot of stress on the zippers that they weren't designed for. If you blow a zipper using this trick, we will still repair your garment- but it will cost you a nominal repair fee. Please don't ask us to fix these zippers for free."

So yes, it COULD be used for solo play, and could in some ways be even safer than other forms of self-bondage. If something goes wrong, the victim can still breathe through the bag and have some mobility to hop around and get to scissors, a doorknob, or a phone. On the other hand, it's not AS SAFE as some other forms of self-bondage since a string tied to the zipper could break, or jam in the zipper, or the zipper itself could jam or break.

lycratec
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by lycratec »

Hi.

From my experience, the Zentai Bags are good from basic self play and fuel your fantasy. But they are not very confining.
If you are tied up or handcuffs or other wise restrained, then they are secure and get for playing in.

Depends on the setup you are looking for.
Also the more you spend the better the sack and the harder it will be to get free. But those start at $150 up.