Saran/Plastic wrap mummification.

All wrapped up and noplace to go, just the way you like it!
bondagesubboy
Unfettered Newbie

Saran/Plastic wrap mummification.

Unread post by bondagesubboy »

This is something I recently got to try, and really enjoyed it. I'm curious however, about the dangers of being wrapped up for extended periods of time. The only one I've been able to come up with is your body not being able to cool itself via persperation, so you have to keep a constant air flow over the body to cool it down.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: Saran/Plastic wrap mummification.

Unread post by Franzia »

Air flow over the body cools by evaporation of perspiration. But if covered by materials such as plastic wrap, leather or latex, there won't be much of a cooling effect since the perspiration cannot evaporate. Even though a fan will help even out the room temperature, a cool place or room may be best for extended sessions.

bondagesubboy
Unfettered Newbie

Franzia wrote:Air flow over the body cools by evaporation of perspiration. But if covered by materials such as plastic wrap, leather or latex, there won't be much of a cooling effect since the perspiration cannot evaporate. Even though a fan will help even out the room temperature, a cool place or room may be best for extended sessions.
Thanks for the advice! Specifically with plastic wrap, I heard there are possibly problems with restricting blood flow. Although, when we tried it, the only place that could possibly have gotten restricted would be my wrists as they were laying on my hip bones. To me, I think if the arms are put in a better position, this shouldn't be a concern. (Just to clarify, this is just wrapping the feet up to the top of the shoulders, no neck or head) Do you have any knowledge on that?

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

There are other positions, but some can be uncomfortable for extended times, such as arms tied and wrapped behind back or crossed at chest.

Arms at the sides is usually the best position, especially for long sessions. To avoid pressure on the wrists, keep the wrapping slightly loose at those points or use padding between wrists and hip bones (folded cloth, sponges, etc.) Also, it may sometimes help if the wrists are positioned slightly to the rear away from the hip bones or even hands cupped in front under the wrapping.

bondagesubboy
Unfettered Newbie

Thanks again for the tips! We'll experiment around more with different limb positions next time.