Valve stems

Pass the talc powder please!
seidenki
Strict Strappado

Valve stems

Unread post by seidenki »

I ran into an unusual problem with my last latex purchase. I purchased inflatable trousers from latexfetish.us which are really quite nice and I intend to buy from them again, but the valve stem was something I'd never seen before. After some Googling, I realized it is a Dunlop or Woods valve. However, my other inflatables are Schrader of American valves, like on car tyres. (Of course, after struggling with it for weeks, I just realized I can get an adapter at the local bicycle shop...)

What do people normally get in their inflatable latex? Dunlop? Schrader? a mix? Or something else?

Sei.
Embrace your inner wierdo! No-one else will! (No, they'd be more likely to lock it up and throw away the key...)

The Half Heard
Chair Bound

Re: Valve stems

Unread post by The Half Heard »

A couple of the hoods I have are the normal tyre valve type, but the inflatable latex mitts I've got are the Dunlop/Woods valve. The mitts came from Germany, the hoods are from Vlatex.

Is it possible to get an adapter to go from the Schrader valve to the Dunlop/Woods valve I wonder.. Be nice if it was!

seidenki
Strict Strappado

Re: Valve stems

Unread post by seidenki »

It took some creative googling, but I did find someone who will sell me one mail order. It was like US$3. That's what gave me the idea of the local bike shop! I know where there is one near where I work; I'll let you know how it goes.

Wade.
Embrace your inner wierdo! No-one else will! (No, they'd be more likely to lock it up and throw away the key...)