Advice

Pass the talc powder please!
marywelbeck
Unfettered Newbie

Advice

Unread post by marywelbeck »

I'm a 25 Year Old medical student from Shropshire, UK.

I am interested in trying Latex and Rubber and any advice or information would be greatly received.

Thanks
Mary

creativethinking21
Chair Bound

Re: Advice

Unread post by creativethinking21 »

Hi there, i am interested in hearing from this too as I am looking for the same thing. I am 23 and from the west midlands.

Imhotep
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Imhotep »

It's a pretty broad subject..

Anything in particular you wish to know?

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

It is indeed a broad subject!

Latex is stretchy, natural rubber, shiny when polished (but generally not when it comes out of the package), clingy, fetishy, sweaty, and fun. It's fairly expensive compared to other clothing materials, and relatively fragile compared to other clothing materials. It's relatively high-maintenance in that it needs to be cleaned and cared for after wearing -- don't toss it in the closet when it's still damp and sweaty!

Like many other items in the BDSM world, there is a wide variety of manufacturers with a wide array of prices, and one generally gets what one pays for. A custom made garment from an established company -- of which there are several in the UK! -- is going to fit better than a one-size-fits-many garment from China, but the custom item will cost a lot more.

Read, research, ask more questions, and have fun! :D

freddylocks
Chair Bound

Unread post by freddylocks »

Hi

I recommend going to the Birmingham Bizarre Bizaar. It should be quite easy to find the details with a Google search.

There is usually a couple of rubber suppliers there. There is a fetlife group and the organisers are friendly.
It is usually 3rd Sunday of each month.

Cheers
Freddy