Latex - my first real experience and issues

Pass the talc powder please!
Ashleigh
Chair Bound

RE: Latex - my first real experience and issues

Unread post by Ashleigh »

Hi all, Ended up picking up some latex opera length gloves and stockings a little bit ago...and had used them a few times...but each time I used then, I found that they were just too "hot" - as in, I was sweating a fair amount in them...and after an hour or so of being in the latex this was less than comfortable. How do you deal with this? Secondly, I seem to have not gotten my fitting right - I got a pair of latex stockings that fit me well - not too tight, but not lose either...yet after a few uses, the latex ripped and I had to toss the stockings...did I just get something too thin? I love the look and feel of latex, so I'd had to be chased off so easily :) Ash

evie
Chair Bound

Unread post by evie »

I've switched to lycra and stopped using my latex, just as nice but 99% less hassle of getting it on, getting it shiny, then getting it off and storing it safely.

wildecoyete
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by wildecoyete »

latex takes time to get used while wearing it , there aint a easy cure for not sweating . air con to keep the room temp down might help , its got to be mega hot before i sweat in latex now and i spent a week in jamica doing a perve holiday which involved a lot of latex being worn . if we got too hot we just took a dip in the pool to cool off lol

Davina47
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Davina47 »

Latex is always likely to tear if you over stretch it. It's prone to tear in a whole load of situations. But for those of us who are addicted, it is a feeling that can't be repeated in any other fabric.

You can go for thicker guage but there's a trade off between mobility and flexibility on the one hand and endurance on the other. For bondage or for dresses and coats thick guage is great, for gloves and stockings it's not so good. However it's also a personal matter as to where the balance lies. So try out some thicker versions, if your budget can stand it, do some experimenting.Davina472011-02-15 15:03:36

BishopFan1
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by BishopFan1 »

What climate are you in? Southern hemisphere Summer or Northern hemisphere winter?Winter is always best, but air conditioning is your friend.Bish

mummysboy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by mummysboy »

Also, latex stockings do not react too well to standard suspender clips if you used them. Take care putting them on (talc/lube and roll them before putting on). I ruined my first pair (from Kastely in UK which dates me) but others have lasted for several years.