vacbed + foam mattress

Pass the talc powder please!
flcruiser
Unfettered Newbie

RE: vacbed + foam mattress

Unread post by flcruiser »

has anyone ever tried putting a foam mattress in a vacbed?  i think i saw a site at one time that sells the vacbed with the mattress included.  i was wondering what its like.

d3vious_g3nius
Strict Strappado

Unread post by d3vious_g3nius »

I could be wrong, but I think you saw a variation of a vacbed that uses a fitted sheet for it's bottom layer, that goes over your mattress, so you do not need a tube frame.Maybe this: Mattress Cover Vac BedSadly, I have never put anything inside a vacbed But that might change at the beginning of 2011!

Leopard99
Chair Bound

Unread post by Leopard99 »

Sounds fun. Next time I've got my vacbed out I might try a few things in there. I've got a big sleeping bag which is nicely quilted so that's worth try. I think I've got a foam mattress on a folding bed so if I can find it I'll try it.

rebburvuli
Strict Strappado

Unread post by rebburvuli »

Let us know what its like !!!!

OneStrangeGuy
Strict Strappado

Unread post by OneStrangeGuy »

It sounds reasonable that the vacuum would suck all the air out of the foam or sleeping bag, and you'd be left with little more than a flat sheet inside tha vacuum bed. OneStrangeGuy2010-12-21 19:27:49

EricJP65
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by EricJP65 »

Depending on how the hose was placed and what kind of bed/bag, would prevent the hose from getting blocked by the latex/vinyl/plastic material, as well as allow all the air to be removed.

tonyleeds
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by tonyleeds »

I did a home made vac bed once using a plastic survival bag into which I first put a 9mm thick ply board just under the size of the bag.  I then put in some spare caravn cushions.  I fixed the vacuum cleaner hose through a hole in the bottom and sealed it up and had a snorkle fitted through another hole at face level.. I sealed the holes up with parcel tape and after setting a timer on the vacuum cleaner, I climbed in abd rolled the bag up at the top and used the snorkle to breath.  Once the vacuum cleaner switched on, all the air was sucked out and the cushions ensured that the hose did not block up and I was squeezed into the cushions and I was totally immovable.  It was terrific.  So tight and so secure with no way to get out until the timer ran out or, if necessary, I could probably tear the bag to get out!  It was so erotic until I came and just wanted out but couldn't get out as I couldn't move at all.  I was stuck there for a further 20 minutes as I didnt want to tear my new bag.  During this time the bag seemed so tight that my heels were forced onto the board which  then hurt and I ended up with bruised heels.  Unfortunately, as I took my vac bed apart, the board tore my bag and I've not got round to building another.