Breath play hood

Pass the talc powder please!
bondage_Boi
Chair Bound

RE: Breath play hood

Unread post by bondage_Boi »

Hi ya all. I'm sure every one has seen those breath play hoods, the majority I have seen are black with a clearish face panal. When you breath out the panal expands but when you breath in the panal sucks to your face causing you to catch a breath from a small hole?
The main question I have is has any one tried one? How strict are they really? Can they be worn for long?

OneStrangeGuy
Strict Strappado

Unread post by OneStrangeGuy »

I have tried one. I had been really excited about the idea, as you aparantly have been, when I first saw them. In theopry they should work wonderfully, and if the subject relaxes and breathes deeply the device should work well, and you should be able to wear it for extended periods. The facts aren't quite as exciting as one might expect. At least for the one I tried. The rubber that expands over the face liked to bunch together when you inhaled. This allowed the holes to be covered by another piece of rubber, and thus didn't allow the proper amount of air in. The one I tried came from 'Twist my rubber arm' and may not have been the most expensive. The rubber that made up all parts of the hood (Especially over the face was of a uniform thickness. I believe that i have seen more expensive hoods where the particular area where the small holes are placed was made of a little thickker rubber, and thus was a little more stiff. This would more likely prevent the problem that I experienced.Just from your question I assume that you are well aware that many products, especially rubber ones like this, are fabricated with a really neat idea in mind, but the actual execution of that idea often falls short, if not flat on it's face.

rubbergagged
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by rubbergagged »

I've got two and wear them regularly.   In fact I sleep in one of them.   The secret is to have just the right number of small holes in the clear rubber face part.   Sufficient so that when you breathe in the mask is sucked to your face but there is just enough air getting to your lungs to keep you conscious (and breathing regularly).   Once you've got the hood on, take some time to relax and set up your breathing cycle - the slower the better - and then things become easier.   The feel of a dripping, smelly, clammy hood after about two hours is awesome.   If you need any more help, please shout!

duw_a_wyr
Chair Bound

Unread post by duw_a_wyr »

Have one from Sealwear, and yes, can wear it for quite a while as long as you don't panic or breathe too quickly. If you get too excited, it can become very hard to breathe.Also have another BP hood from Sealwear, but that one is a lot harder to get air in through and isn't transparent at the front.

Shmarmy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Shmarmy »

Yeah, It's rare that I'm ever without one; if my wife/mistress is bnding me.  Like all the others said, if you relax and breathe normally, it's fine. But my mistress likes to torment me with electro-stimulation, so breathing become a little difficult. But we're always safe, we have a safe word and gesture; so play isn't death defying!!

Trapper
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Trapper »

Yes.  I've worn quite a few of them.  And like the others have said, as long as you stay calm and control your breathing you will be fine.  Things will get intense, though, if your top decides to milk you for a while.  Intense in a good way. 

singleglove1971
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by singleglove1971 »

We have one from www.kinky-clothes.com. It's got five small holes and is a bit daunting to start with, but you get used to it. There is a far more severe one with only one hole (I think it's called a vacuum hood). That, I think, would be far more of a challenge.

I cannot stress enough that, with a breathplay product such as this, your dom(me) should never leave you unattended for a moment. Accidents have happened in such scenarios and people have died through suffocation.

willjim
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by willjim »

I didn't like the "open face" feeling of the traditional breath play hood so I made my own by combining parts of two hoods. Basically I started with a cheap molded hood with mouth opening only then losely glued on the back half of a hood (after the face portion tore) I added a single hole for breathing. The results were great. The inner hood feels great and the resricted breathing is hot.

Adam N. Eaves
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Adam N. Eaves »

I simply make my own from common shopping carriers and a stockinged nylon stretched over to suit. You can experiment with various materials, sizes to allow more time but the results are the same, breathtaking.