Fabricating rubber items

Pass the talc powder please!
TeaSer
Strict Strappado

RE: Fabricating rubber items

Unread post by TeaSer »

I don't do much in rubber. I did play some with latex, but again not too much.However from time to time, I would like to fabricate some rubber toys. And I realy would like to use an old car-tire as raw material as it's heavy and cheap. A bicycle tire is smaller and thinner, but may be used as well.Now - how do I make e.g. some clothing? If using bicycle tires, I could use standard bicycle tire adhessive. But how about the car-tire. When I tried the bicycle adhessive, the result was very poor.Is it possible to sew in rubber?TeaSer
You may call me an old, perverted sadist - but don't flatter

ColdPlastic
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by ColdPlastic »

There is a place on the web that sells latex sheeting in various colors and thicknesses.   mjtrends.com  I've not purchased any of their latex or adhesive yet.  But, i've purchased cloth-backed vinyl material and been pleased with the quality of material and service.Others have recommended rubber cement from tire patch kits for gluing instead of water based glues.  I've tried liquid latex to glue a torn latex garment and that didn't work at all.  I'll keep an eye out for better glues.ColdPlastic2006-06-24 02:14:51

TeaSer
Strict Strappado

Unread post by TeaSer »

Thanks! The site has immediatly been bookmarked

nimrod
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by nimrod »

I have a latex catsuit that has a built in hood and my hair (even though it's pretty short) gets stuck in the zipper, so I wanted to make a hair flap.  I too didn't have any adhesive, so I just took a flap of latex from another toy that ripped and used black liquid latex as adhesive and it worked ok.  Then again, it doesn't have a load on it, it seems an ok strength.  Try it on some test material and the more contact between the two pieces, the better...

TeaSer
Strict Strappado

Unread post by TeaSer »

Hmmm - had a wonderfull masturbation today. Dreaming about building a latex harness on top of a female slave. Tight in then midth - bare breast building up a collar.Moulding on a pair of super highheeled latex boots.The top was the hood - total enclosure and latex beween the teethsThen I came and allmost felt the smell of the used dissolvent

tiedash
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by tiedash »

TeaSer, here's another link I posted a while back that may be  of use to you.  www.fourdrubber.com         tiedash....