Latex/Rubber Cosplay? Does it exist?

Pass the talc powder please!
Darqside
Tightly Hogtied

Latex/Rubber Cosplay? Does it exist?

Unread post by Darqside »

Okay granted, it's a little niche and probably a strange idea at most but...I just like the idea of combining the fun of anime and manga cosplay (costume dressup from pop culture characters) with latex and rubber erotica. Not just your average catsuit or corset fans or what-have-you.

The basic concept is that you take an anime character you'd like to dress up as, and instead of the usual material for the costume, you'd use rubber or pvc or some other fetish material to make the costume. I mean, obviously some anime characters are geared towards this idea already, but it's the idea of turning a common character (for example Sailor Moon), into something shiny and erotic.

Are there communities that do it or are in to it? And if so where can I ask about it? And if none exist, who would want to start one? :oops:
My big list of kinks (from top to bottom):
Long Rubber Hair, Rubber Skin, Posture Collar, Inflateable Breasts, Thick Rubber Corset, Hobble Corset Dress, Inflateable Butt, Rubber Pussy Fetish, Molded Ballet Boot Ultra High Heels

SBadiction
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Latex/Rubber Cosplay? Does it exist?

Unread post by SBadiction »

I don't know if it exists but it sounds fun. I can think of a lot of female characters I'd like to 'play' with if their costumes were made of latex or PVC etc.
Steve
Happily married (but always ready to flirt) wife not into anything kinky so it's self bondage when I can.

beautiful nightmare
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by beautiful nightmare »

it does exist although i don't think there's really any kind of specific community, you see the occasional cosplayer in latex gear if you browse through photo archives taken from various festival things... or conventions or whatever the appropriate name is, those places that all the normal cosplayers go to

you can also occasionally see latex clothing stores that are selling some anime inspired get-ups, like your example of sailor moon, it's probably actually one of the most common that you'd find

http://kellyeden.tumblr.com/post/386325 ... to-shoot-i

so yeah they exist

it's also pretty easy albeit expensive to have costumes custom made to your specifications, and hey maybe you could just go the whole hog and hire models to wear them for shoots... if few people are doing it then you potentially have a niche market for a top quality site

also, speaking of doing things yourself, since there is no real community surrounding this "SPECIAL INTEREST" yet, i'm afraid i'm going to have to demand that you spend the rest of your life trying to organise one, sorry if you had plans for the next 50 years but this was your idea, i don't make the rules, i just act like they already exist and apply them to other people out of my own self-interest

Darqside
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Darqside »

Haha, so you're suggesting I set up one myself?

Well, my specialty is more design and concept rather than actually building latex outfits (though I have a few ideas).

I mean okay I could organize something for people to check out, maybe, but that's the full extent of my talents. Actual cosplayers would have to do the rest (since I haven't done it yet myself! :oops: )

Hmm...and...right back at you...would you support this organization? 8-) :lol:
My big list of kinks (from top to bottom):
Long Rubber Hair, Rubber Skin, Posture Collar, Inflateable Breasts, Thick Rubber Corset, Hobble Corset Dress, Inflateable Butt, Rubber Pussy Fetish, Molded Ballet Boot Ultra High Heels

Impulsed
Chair Bound

Unread post by Impulsed »

There is plenty of latex cosplayers out there.

http://pixelninja.se/photo.html Pixelninja does the metroid sammus zerosuit cosplay in latex. marie claude bourbonnais does some really good latex cosplay too.

restrainedsybarite
Chair Bound

Unread post by restrainedsybarite »

I'll just leave this here for your perusal :

http://anatomic-latex.com/

AliceInBondageLand
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by AliceInBondageLand »

Nimue's Latex is probably most famous for doing Sailor Moon cosplay in latex:

http://hawkesdesign.com/NimueCatalog/Pr ... r_girl.htm

They also built me a fabulous "Alice in Wonderland" costume and matching "Mad Hatter" set, inspired by the classic Disney movie.

Stuckfast
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Stuckfast »

I've seen some latex Neon Genesis cosplay, and there's an etsy seller who custom makes many items which fall into cosplay: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShhhCoutureLatex :)