advice needed

Like a story? Need help writing your own? Post your thoughts and ideas here.
lanad
Tightly Hogtied

advice needed

Unread post by lanad »

recently I had an experience in self bondage, that is to say I got trapped and as such I have written it all down, it's finished and is 9 pages long!
I explain how I get dressed
I explain in detail how I tie the ropes
my experience on the stereo stimulation
my fear of being trapped
my lengthy escape
but I'm at a lose as to explain my panic attacks, as I remember only just losing control
what I'm asking is, is the above to much information and would it be to boring.
I'm not a writer and at times become word blind, I have re read this experience so many times that it's driving me nuts.

FatherOfFour
Chair Bound

Re: advice needed

Unread post by FatherOfFour »

Hi LanaD,
it's a two part answer:
- From my point of view, I would love to read it. I'm a beginner in SB and Kink and I read anything written with full words...
- The younger generation surely have a shorter attention span (8seconds from the latest research!)... I doubt they'll read it, but also, why bother? You wrote it for Yourself, and those who read, isn't it?

Please publish, the safety moral (it is one in Your story?) is indispensable in our line of business!

Have fun, share knowledge
f4

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Unfortunately; whether it's due to shorter attention spans or too many distractions, the longer it is, the less likely it will be read all the way through.

From the situation you've described, it seems the main focus is your fear of being trapped, your panic attacks and escape. In this particular case, a detailed intricate description of the knots, ropework or how you were dressed is therefore only useful if it directly applies to how you became trapped.

My suggestion is publish it if you can edit it down to the main point or theme without weakening the effect.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

With people today... shorter is better...
BUT, if it keeps moving and keeps the reader reading, it can be a 3 part novel and people will read it...
Personally, long posts I just skim over looking for anything interesting...
If I find it, I read around that to find out what happened...

So... your best bet is to shorten it but try and keep the important details in...
A long story will only be read by hard core readers...

or...
Break it up into short stories...
5 chapters, just like you broke it down at first...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

lanad
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by lanad »

some good ideas coming out here, chapters sound good, maybe pop in some small photos, maybe put a photo at a chapters end, a bit reluctant to shorten it, it makes me hot just to re read it and remember the struggle, so it's more of a diary than any thing else,