Bad news.

Because boys will be girls will be boys.
restricted
Forever Mummified

Bad news.

Unread post by restricted »

I have just found out that the house behind me has a 360 degree CCTV camera which gives a glimpse of part of my garden, so I am going to have to be careful how I go about in my skirt. :oops: :shock:
I used to be weird and kinky. But then I joined Bound Forum and became normal.

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Re: Bad news.

Unread post by Petrajane »

restricted wrote:I have just found out that the house behind me has a 360 degree CCTV camera which gives a glimpse of part of my garden, so I am going to have to be careful how I go about in my skirt. :oops: :shock:
You need to speak to them as that is an invasion of your privacy. CCTV cameras should not observe/record other peoples property. I have a cam pointed at the front garden/drive, it is illegal for me to angle it so that I could see a neighbours house across the road, and even catch people on the pavement...

Check out section 3.4 on the UK Government's website.

restricted
Forever Mummified

If you already have a CCTV system installed, you should check that:

your system is still needed

your cameras do not intrude on your neighbour’s property as this could mean that you will not be complying with the DPA
you regularly delete the recordings and that they are not kept for longer than is necessary for the protection of your property

Please note that if your camera is pointing directly at a neighbour’s property, you should take steps to reposition it to avoid complaints or in some cases accusations of violation of privacy or harassment.

Unfortunately, it doesn't mean it can't overlook. Just that the camera does not encroach on my property. However, it does not stop me putting a mirror on my property so that when the sun comes round it will dazzle the camera. Not my problem if the camera burns out.

However, next year there is a tree that will have grown to cover the gap. It has been cut back and needs to grow again. However, saying that, it is against my human rights to be filmed on my own property without permission.

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Cd Tammy »

In the UK privacy laws are different than in the USA but here in my state, if someone want to video onto my property, without actually trespassing, all I can do is add a fence.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

How about adding a pinpoint spotlight at the camera???
Not bright enough to damage it, but bright enough blind it...
If they complain, tell them to move or realign where it is aimed...
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

restricted
Forever Mummified

If I put a spotlight or laser pointing at it then it will be deemed that I have deliberately caused damage. However, with a mirror so arranged that as the sun comes round it will reflect onto the camera and cause flare. I can't stop the earth from spinning can I. (I might get a laser as well and inadvertently leave it pointing towards the camera).

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RAE123 »

Yes, A Laser pointer pen type will do the job very well. and no one can do anything about it.
If they question you about it, ask them why they where spying on you, You had your privicy
invaded and that is against the law. :idea:
Go get them
Rae

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Only comment I would like to add here is be careful that the neighbours don't end up trying to see why their camera is flaring and look in the direction of your laser pointer! If you blind them, you'd be up for assault!

restricted
Forever Mummified

Thinking about it, they can't do anything if I put mirrors into my garden to reflect sunlight into shaded areas.

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

restricted wrote:Thinking about it, they can't do anything if I put mirrors into my garden to reflect sunlight into shaded areas.
Agreed. Mirrors are often used in gardens to give the illusion of the garden being larger than it really is, honest officer!

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

A problem with the mirror idea: assuming the sun's reflection is aimed directly at the camera to cause flare and depending on the size of the mirror, it would only work for a few minutes as the sun slowly moves. You would have to constantly re-aim the mirror. And it would be completely useless on a cloudy day.

A physical obstruction like the tree might be the best solution.

restricted
Forever Mummified

The tree will spread by next year, but as I'm not allowed to put a fence up higher than 6 feet, it will remain a nuisance until then. It is a conifer in their garden that will cover it. Until it was pruned I had no idea of the camera.

I have tried it with mirrors but it does not give a strong enough beam to cause dame owing to the distance between my house and the one at the back.

RAE123
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RAE123 »

Try holding a magnifying glass in front of the mirror. I know hat will make the
Sun rays a lot stronger. :idea:
Rae

Amos101010
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Amos101010 »

All camras have blind spots, I know I work in surveillance and counter-surveillance,
just don't get caught doing it

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

Those little laser pointers are wonderful things. Just don't get caught.

Mrwoosh
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Mrwoosh »

Why are you concerned with it?