shaving cream and razor?

Because boys will be girls will be boys.
kenny1999
Chair Bound

shaving cream and razor?

Unread post by kenny1999 »

Hi I've done intensive research on the web about removing body hair, from legs to arms to belly something. I know one of the simplest way to start with is to use a generic disposable razor, shaving cream, and moisturizing lotion or after-shave lotion. I've looked through lots of shops and grocery stores but I can't find ANY ''shaving cream'' for removing body hair. I can find plenty of shaving package sets for women and plenty of shaving cream in the section of men facial care. They look like only for beard, could they be used for other parts of the body? Are they the same thing or different? Sarcastically I grow only very little hair on cheeks and chins. I only want to remove hair on legs and belly.

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Re: shaving cream and razor?

Unread post by Petrajane »

Forget razor and cream, go for an electric/cordless hair trimmer.

Much more effective, no cuts or razor burns.

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

kenny1999 wrote:I've looked through lots of shops and grocery stores but I can't find ANY ''shaving cream'' for removing body hair. I can find plenty of shaving package sets for women and plenty of shaving cream in the section of men facial care. They look like only for beard, could they be used for other parts of the body? Are they the same thing or different?
Here in the US, the only real difference between men's and women's shaving cream (or gels, or lotions or anything else) is primarily the scent. Women's varieties tend to be more perfume-y, men's tned to be more cologne-y.

Chemically, they're all pretty much the same thing -- soap in a can. :D Some types within each brand claim to offer more lubrication for less nicks and cuts, others claim to be "moisturizing" (which probably means they just contain less alcohol) and others claim to be for "sensitive skin." Just buy whatever variety looks best to you (or use whatever you normally use) and experiment with other varieties when the can runs out.

Disposable razors are all pretty much the same thing on the surface, too -- one or more sharp blades in a disposable plastic handle. Over the years, the manufacturer's have come up with a variety of different handle and "head" shapes that are claimed to do everything from "help keep the blade perpendicular to the direction of shaving" to "reach those sensitive areas like the backs of knees and ankles" where women apparently nick themselves frequently. They make (made?) them with heads that wold pivot in all kinds of directions, with heads with spring-loaded blades that would glide over small bumps, and with any other technological-sounding advantage else that would drive sales. The latest trend here is "four or more blades" which helps disperse the pressure of the edges on the face or legs which ostensibly reduces the amount of nicks, but apparently only serves to sell more razor blades. ;)

When I was going out in public and looking fairly passable, and shaved various parts from time to time, I'd just use a regular old twin-blade disposable cartridge and regular men's shaving gel. Two tips I learned were "using a trimmer" as Petrajane mentioned -- it's a LOT easier to shave short stubble since it doesn't clog up the razor as fast as full-length hair, and shaving in the shower to keep the mess to a minimum and keep the shaving cream from drying out. I'd shower normally, turn the water off, put shaving cream on my legs or chest, shave, then turn the water back on to rinse off.

Oh, and the biggest tip: TAKE YOUR TIME the first few times. If you're not rushing you're a lot less likely to nick or cut yourself. A smoothly shaved body can be sexy; one covered in Band-Aids is less sexy to most of us. :)

Closed_doors
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Closed_doors »

I have no idea if this product is available anywhere else, but I use a tube shaving cream simply called 'shave'. Its unscented (perfumes are the main cause of skin irritation) and is packaged in a box like toothpaste available in the men's toiletries section of the local supermarket. The tube and packaging are a rather plain white with brown writing.
It has been said, 'Life is too Short!' but I cannot think of anything you can do longer. Anon
"Its not the man in your life but the life in your man." Mae West

Nil Illigitmus carborundum.

Mike and Carmen

malingerer
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by malingerer »

Just come across this post which is why I'm 2 or 3 years late resonding.

{Been there, done that but can't claim to have the t-shirt} IMHO it is very uncomfortable/unsatisfactory to try to get rid of hair more than 5 millimetres or a quarter of an inch long solely by shaving. Razors are not intended for that. It is a lot simpler to take the bulk of it off with scissors or clippers leaving just the last bit to whatever type of razor you think best.

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

How about hair removal cream? As long as you don't have an adverse reaction (rare, but as they say test a small area first) it's a very simple way to remove hair and unlike shaving stays smooth for several days.

Stockings pull on much more smoothly when your legs are free of hair like this, as I found out the hard way some years ago when in retaliation for me shaving her pubes a (sadly now ex) partner chained me to the bed and removed my hair from shoulders to feet and then made me wear stockings and bra or camisole 24x7 for a month.