How to reduce my fat waist?

Because boys will be girls will be boys.
Louis2008
Tightly Hogtied

How to reduce my fat waist?

Unread post by Louis2008 »

I am male, of course, 34 years of age, I am a cross dressing lover but I always hate seeing my fat waist (40")
in front of the mirror.

My family's genetic is not very fat, not very slim though, we are Asians. I don't actually eat a lot, but I don't
diet at all. it's so difficult for me to skip any single meals, Now. I am not a total vegan but I always avoid
animal meat if I can, I often eat noodles, vegetables, and eggs etc. However, I drink red wine quite often.

Anything I should do / I can do to reduce my waist? What is the fastest way to do it if I seriously want
to get a more beautiful shape ? (At the same time I don't want to look like a muscular man. I am not intended to build muscles)

Should I be 70% or 50% full only for every meal? Or Should I be 100% full and do exercise every day?
What is the best exercise to reduce my fat waist (and legs?) . I am so proud of my hands it's thin like a woman

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Re: How to reduce my fat waist?

Unread post by Petrajane »

Get walking, that's what I was advised for my health. It ain't perfect but it will improve your health in general and if you can walk a minimum of one hour a day this will have some effect on your weight and the flab.

Other than that, get a corset...

Louis2008
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Louis2008 »

Petrajane wrote:Get walking, that's what I was advised for my health. It ain't perfect but it will improve your health in general and if you can walk a minimum of one hour a day this will have some effect on your weight and the flab.

Other than that, get a corset...
Corset is a really great idea ! But does it have any negative effect towards health? Since looks like it's something forcing to compress your body which doesn't sound quite natural..........

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Some like corsets for the compression effect, but it is an unnatural way to deal with fat. While a corset will have a slimming effect, the fat will still be there, it's just compressing and moving it around.

Exercise more and eat less, but don't go into drastic starvation mode by eating only 50 or 70% of full. Eat just a little less- maybe 95% of full and stick with it. Try an exercise known as 'push away'- push the plate away and leave the table before you're 100% full. Have patience- small changes and time should do it.

DrPerVECT
Chair Bound

Unread post by DrPerVECT »

It sounds like you might be having difficulty with insulin, as that is the hormone that controls fat storage. You should follow up with your physician and check your A1c. Hopefully, that number will be below 5.5%. But even if it is, you might keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't start increasing.

My Queen and I have had great success with the keto diet. In one year, we've both lost about 10% of our body weight. If you're a vegan for moral reasons, it is still possible to do, but more difficult to find sources of saturated fat and harder to stay away from sugars and starches.

I'm well aware that this is currently considered a "fad" diet. But the research behind it is becoming more solid.
To see all the research on this diet, you can check out the lowcarbdownunder YouTube channel. It's amazing what we've learned in the past decade that's not making it into the public knowledge base.

At the very least, do what my Queen and I did: try it for three months and see if you've lost weight and if your blood markers get (or stay) good. If so (like happened to us) stick with it.

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Cd Tammy »

Want to lose a dress size fast and not be hungry? Look at that Atkins thing. I lost 10 pounds my first month on it and yes, I also wear a corset.

d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by d3vious.g3nius »

As long as you do not have any "medical" reason for not being able to lose weight and... foregoing any specialized diets,
it's simply a matter of calories in~calories out.

To lose a pound of fat requires a calorie deficit of about 3500 calories. That would mean that a 500 calorie a day deficit would net you a one pound weight loss over the course of a week. One must be careful though with dieting alone, if you attempt to curb calories drastically you can get your body to enter a type of "starvation mode". Where it will not be as effective as you hope for shedding pounds.

You mention that you can't stand skipping meals, neither could I, so a really good exercise plan would be the best route. If you have the time. Last year I spent 4 months with lotsa lotsa exercising and lost 40 pounds in 4 months. I had the time and never once was I hungry :)

Obviously if you eat or drink "empty" calorie products(soda/chips/etc) then that's just makes it hard on yourself. As they don't fill you up and add so much caloric intake at the same time.

You can find your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) in any one the numerous BMR calculators online. Then you can figure out what exercise you like the most to go after creating a deficit. I myself used a combination of biking and walking. My indoor bike has a computer that gives a rough estimate of information(calories burned) and for walking I used an app on my phone.

NOTE: The more you weigh the more calories you burn, same as a heavy car uses more gas than a light one. So as you lose weight either the intensity of an exercise or the time spent doing it has to increase. To continue burning calories at the same hourly/daily rate.

The scale is tricky, just pick a time once a week when to measure yourself. It can fluctuate for no easily reasonable explanation btw. It's frustrating yes. But just stick to a time that you figure out "feels" the best. Only once you start will you know what I mean ;)

So in summation, eat healthy and plenty, exercise often, and with dedication, thus sleeping better at night AND feel amazing when you are at your goal! SIMPLE :D

Best wishes,
- d.g
"I am not helpless, I'm simply restrained at the moment!"

DrPerVECT
Chair Bound

d3vious.g3nius wrote:As long as you do not have any "medical" reason for not being able to lose weight and... foregoing any specialized diets,
it's simply a matter of calories in~calories out.
So, being trained in the hard sciences, I used think this was the whole story. But it's wrapped in a layer of biology that complicates matters.

One has to ask the question: If "eat less, exercise more" was such good advice, why are there so many people (30% of the US, now) who are overweight? Are all 100 million people just gluttonous and lazy?

What makes a person hungry? And, if said person is hungry,
Louis2008 wrote:I don't actually eat a lot, but I don't diet at all. it's so difficult for me to skip any single meals....
then is it even possible to reduce one's intake?

On the other side of the equation, why is it so hard to exercise?

So, there's now a lot of evidence that says that excess carbohydrate intake both makes one hungry and makes one too tired to exercise. This comes from the elevated insulin levels that arise from ingesting carbs. Elevated insulin, at the very least, does two things: First, it blocks the hormone leptin which tells the brain that it is satiated. If the brain thinks it is starving, it will drive one to eat. This makes dieting nearly impossible. Second, it tells the brain that, thinking it is in a calorie deficit, it should conserve energy and not expend it. This makes exercise difficult if not impossible.

It doesn't help that insulin also tells the body to store fat and not break it down for fuel.

I've been on this ride, and it's no fun. A calorie is not a calorie. A calorie of fat is small, but relatively harmless. A calorie of protein is somewhat harmless but necessary for maintaining good health. A calorie of carbohydrate (but probably not fiber) tells the body to do a lot of things that might be harmful and, if done in excess, can eventually lead to insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome.

This is why Atkins and Keto have worked for so many people. The hard part is giving up the carbs. They are everywhere and it is socially difficult to not eat bread/pasta/pizza/cookies/cake/soda when everyone around you is doing so. But it is worth the effort to try it for three months and see what happens when skipping meals and running two or three miles is next to impossible.

Ok, I didn't mean to write a novel---or hijack the thread---but I am very passionate about this topic now that I've been studying it for over a year. I think anyone who has been struggling with weight loss (at the very least), should look into this.

d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

@DrPerVECT, I was not trying to be argumentative with your post, I was merely stating that alternatively... that could not be the case and here is a regular plan if it is not.

Now, let me ask you:

1)What in his original post lead you to suggest that insulin is working against him do to high carb intake?

He stated: "Now, I am not a total vegan but I always avoid animal meat if I can, I often eat noodles, vegetables, and eggs etc. However, I drink red wine quite often.", that simply is not enough information to support your conclusion?

What he eats doesn't seem like a problem as much as maybe he is drinking too much wine. Same as drinking too much soda would be a bad thing.

2)Why would anyone do something and wait for 3 month's to see result in regards to weight loss?

I'm sorry but it just not work that way, does it?

- d.g

DrPerVECT
Chair Bound

Hello, d3vious.g3nius. No argument was intended. However, as I said, the "eat less, exercise more" theory is missing a large biological piece of the puzzle and I just wanted to bring that to light. Too many of us have been taught to frown on people who are overweight because we think it's their fault---when it isn't.
d3vious.g3nius wrote: 1)What in his original post lead you to suggest that insulin is working against him do to high carb intake?
Two things:
  • A waist size of 40" (so.... 250ish lb?)
  • An inability to skip meals.
Again, it's not the fat that causes disease, it's the disease which causes the fat. And when someone gets away from a good aspect ratio (and we can argue the BMI number some other day) and can't get back to a figure that makes them happy, then something is wrong which is keeping them from losing the weight. The insulin model fits.
d3vious.g3nius wrote: What he eats doesn't seem like a problem as much as maybe he is drinking too much wine. Same as drinking too much soda would be a bad thing.
It depends. How much pasta/noodles are we talking about, here? Once a day? Every meal? The bulk of every meal? And how much soda? You do realize that every 20oz bottle of soda contains almost 70g of sugar, right? That's an insane amount of sugar. Put that into perspective: at any given moment there should only be five grams of glucose in your bloodstream. And that's not what table sugar is. At least with red wine, you stop when you're drunk because you can't pour any more into your glass. (And the sulfite headache might put one off the stuff for a week or so ;-) )
d3vious.g3nius wrote: 2)Why would anyone do something and wait for 3 month's to see result in regards to weight loss?
As I said, I've been here (well, 38" waist and 210lb and unable to stop noshing). Good weight loss is slow, so a pound or two a week with, maybe, 20lb being a 1" loss in waist size. So 10 weeks to see a bit of a gap between belly and skirt. Plus it will take about three months to see any good changes show up in the blood work.

Is that making more sense?

Although I think the theoretical underpinnings of low-carb are sound, I am not an armchair quarterback: I've done this. I fit into a size 9 (US) pair of jeggings now. "Hangry" happens to other people. I really think anyone who finds themselves in this situation should give this a try.

@Louis2008, If you're still reading this, I hope you have not taken offense with our discussion. None is intended. I have found everyone on this board to be pretty friendly and helpful. I just want to lay out my argument for something you might try.

d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

Hey DrPerVECT.

Thanks for your reply and taking my reply/questions as just that... a discussion.

All the best,
- d.g