Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
Fogane
Tightly Hogtied

RE: Avatars

Unread post by Fogane »

I think feline definately needs a new avatar and Hypercat's offer is such a kind one it would be a shame to turn it down...

feline
Forever Mummified

Unread post by feline »

why do i get this strange feeling that you have an ulterior motive here 

Fogane
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Fogane »

[quote="feline"]why do i get this strange feeling that you have an ulterior motive here[/quote]
As if...

tightleebound
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by tightleebound »

Was just going thru the thread:  GU, is there a way you can "flip"an avatar?  (mirror-image)  This would effectively double thenumber of available avatairs, so those with visual remberance (Hypercatand myself included) can use the avatar as a 'signature'.  I havemy own, which I uploaded  (once I found out I had Photoshop on mymachine!)  This might relieve some of the pressure.TB

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

I would have to recreate every avatar available to do it (flipthem).  It's not a bad idea, but I am not sure it would solve theproblem.  I will give it some thought.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

Unread post by Hypercat »

What about making the avatar frame selectable in other colors besides black?
PART DEMON, PART GODDESS, ALL CAT!

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

[quote="Hypercat"] What about making the avatar frame selectable in other colors besides black?[/quote]

Do you mean borders? That could work- with only a limited number of avatars to choose from BUT with different color borders, there would be many possible combinations for individual avatars. Tho' I don't know how difficult that would be for GU to do.   

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

I have given it some thought I still don't think anything needs to bedone to prevent dupes.  Is it really that hard to look at a nameinstead of a picture?   Even if wedid do it, what happens to people without avatars an no picture toidentify them with?  Do we now force everyone to have them? The cycle never ends.  I really think the problem will weed itself out.  Right now allthe dupe avatars are people who have not posted very much (yet). As people post more, they tend to want to define their identity andmake themselves unique (avatars, titles, signatures, etc...).  Iguess what I am saying is lets address the problem when the top 50posters are using the same avatar and not the people just startingout.  I think once they hang out for a while and see their"identity" is shared by someone else, they will get their own.EDIT ~ I think the best thing to do is for me to just put up moreavatars.  I already have a bunch that people have sent me andgoogle images has tons to choose from.  It's around 118 now...maybe in the next few weeks I can get it to 200.GaggedUtopia38673.0369907407

Zoe_struggles
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Zoe_struggles »

That seems like more than enough to go around - at least 200 people will have different Avatars already!I chose an Avatar when I joined a few weeks ago, but in a short spaceof time I wanted to make one of my own, so that's what I did! I'm surea lot of the 'regular' members are familiar with how forums work andthey'll probably do the same.GA, are any images appropriate related to BDSM, bondage and the variousthemes we have on here? Or do we have a rule regarding previouslycopyrighted images from elsewhere? (i'm sure I can contribute an imageor three, hehe)

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

There doesn't seem to be any hard or fast rules regardingcopyright.  If it's avaliable on the internet, it seems to be upfor grabs.  I'm trying to use a avatar based on a charachter froma web comic (but I can't get the sizing to work).  I don't think people are going to sue you for using a copyrighted picture in an internet forum.

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

I follow the, "if Google can do it, so can I" philosophy.Basically, the law allows for thumbnails of an image to be used freelyas long as you are not selling them or claiming them to be yourown.  The title image used for this forum is pushing the rule quite a bit...but I didn't want to make it too small.  I decided to use itbecause the original image is much larger and the use above is onlypart of the image.In short, use what you want.  Google has been sued many times overthier thumbnails and won thier suits.  Now Yahoo does it andothers.  I would only ask that people don't "hotlink" the avatars,but host them on something like imageshack or your own host.  It'snot nice to steal someone's image AND thier bandwidth .

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

I have added a few more avatars in most categories.  Thanks againto Hypercat and other anonymous doners.  There should be around129 available now.Keep emailing them to me and I will keep adding them.  Don't worryabout sizing or if they are good for the forum, I can take care of allthat.  The only requirement that I have is that they are at least100x100 in size.One more thing... HyperCat... I fixed the #12 chastity image.  Ifanyone doubted you were a cat, your persistant curiosity on why thisimage was missing certainly confirms it in my book! 

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

Excellent!Just one complaint about the avatar you entitled "Bound Girls" (the third last): the one on the right is a boy! A cutest one, but a boy!I hope you will able to do somenthing with the pics of Lupin The Third (one with green jacket and the other with red jacket) I sent you.  

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

Re: Avatars

How about this?
Does it make a good avatar?

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

I built an animated mummy avatar:
If you want to add it to the list.

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

Here is another purposing image:
Trivia: In the scene she is actually unable to unstick the tapegag.

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

I made another one, and this is history:

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

This also would make a good avatar: http://i.imgur.com/ABagiYj.png

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

I made another:
ImageImage
Original image:

Hypercat
Forever Mummified

Hypercat wrote:Here is another purposing image:
Trivia: In the scene she is actually unable to unstick the tapegag.
Nevermind I did it myself: Image
Also I made this: Image
Original pic: Image