Could you do this?

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Could you do this?

Unread post by Jimdini »

From a UK newspaper http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... me-8294873 Could you go to a busy A&E?
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

dudejupe
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Could you do this?

Unread post by dudejupe »

Not sure how far I would go, but this would be embarrassing. Though, unless he wanted people to see :D

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

I have found myself stuck in Smith & Wesson handcuffs. (The lock was faulty and jammed.)
Only one hand was locked in, so I could still use tools.
It took just a few seconds to clamp the cuff into a bench vise and about a minute to saw through the cuff to free myself.
Modern handcuffs in my experience are not particularly hard steel at least not in the Peerless and Smith & Wesson lines.
Some of the older cuffs are much tougher steel but I have worked on those also with pretty common tools.
I have worked on quite a few brands of handcuffs including a few antiques and have no found a pair yet that needed special tools.

I wonder what was really going on here.

- Stahlketten.

One Pivot
Chair Bound

Unread post by One Pivot »

It probably gave the staff a bit of a chuckle, but medical staff in general are no novices when it comes to that stuff. They probably just got done removing any number of random objects stuck in someone's ass before the handcuff call!

If you have a weird sex or bondage emergency, don't hesitate to hit the hospital!
See my handmade leather bondage gear here! https://www.etsy.com/shop/leatherbyonepivot

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

It does seem like firefighter's hydraulic cutters would be overkill for a basic pair of police style handcuffs. Maybe they were custom built heavy shackles where a hacksaw would take forever to cut 3/4 inch thick steel. :shock:

It's nothing new to many, if not most hospital staff and emergency workers- I'm sure they have a few stories to tell.

steellover
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by steellover »

When I worked in a rural hospital where the same staff covered acute care, extended care and emergency room patients, I was shown the location of a police style handcuff key "just in case anyone came in needing it". No one did while I worked there but clearly someone had in the past or they wouldn't have felt it necessary to be prepared.