tack shops

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
cagedsgt
Strict Strappado

RE: tack shops

Unread post by cagedsgt »

While many years ago, my favorite shop was TAndy, it has moved to the more open tack shop. Just think if they have the materials and tools to make tools harnesses and bridals for horses and such, how easy it would be to use many of these same things into our harnesses, and binders.

And then if you like they also maintain the largest selection of riding crops and bull whips that can be found.

So join in getting creative and tell us what you would make from the things you find at a tack shop.

cagedsgt

rubberwolf
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by rubberwolf »

If you have read some of my pony girl stories, you would probably get the idea of what I would like to do.  I will say that, having compared the stock carried for horse riding, compared to that carried by most sex shops, the equine materials are generally better.  Riding crops, whips, harnesses, spurs and chaps are all designed to be used in a heavy duty working situation, whereas, apart from the obviouse job relation, most of the kit stocked in your average sex shop is decidedly second rate.That said, the horsey set can be a little cliquish and a little discression may be desirable before placing that special order at Albion saddles, or asking the shop assistant for help at Olney sadliery. Anyway.  Saddles.  Your best bet would be for a small pony.  Unfortunatley, this also means that it would probably be a childs sizing.  Another problem is that Military, Dressage and Western saddles all tend to have the stirrup length set quite long, so that the leg will hang to nearly its full length.  This is, of course, unsuitable if you wish to ride a human who is on all fours.  Probably better to look at a jump, or even race, saddle.  This is because the riding position is designed for the rider to be out of the saddle when the horse is moving.   Reigns - You can make all sorts of goodies out of these.  Note:  not all reigns are made of leather.  The more expensive and effective, will use rubber coating similar to sticky tyres, to ensure a good grip.  Neat if you have a rubber fetish, as you can make pliable body harnesses, bras and knickers, as well as all manner of things, out of these.  You could always leave them as they are though - they work just as well on humans as they do on equines. Spurs - These will be of better quality than the sex shop version and will do the job.  Not all spurs employ the sharp star.  There are quite effective blunt versions. Clothes - All, especially the boots.  Mountain Horse do a good value knee length booth for around £130.  Joddies can be picked up for around £20.  The rest will cost if you are after the traditional red jacket and velvet hat. Riding crops etc.  Oh yes, Rubberwolf

cagedsgt
Strict Strappado

Unread post by cagedsgt »

I have to agree with everything you said, yet I enjoy the little adjustments to the saddles and harnesses to make them work just find.

Also don't forget the bit gags. and again the quality is so much better, and yet you do have to do a little strap adjustment to make a pony bridal fit a human. But not a great deal.

cagedsgt

roboman
Strict Strappado

Unread post by roboman »

The hardware all tends to be top quality and at a not outrageous price. The coolest thing I find at tack shops, and haven't found else where, are good quality quick release snaps. It's like cuffs, you can get top quality ones from the stores that sell to police and security or go to the sex shop and pay twice as much for junk. There is mail order, but then you get into guessing if you'll like from a picture.

Piper
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Piper »

I've been dabbling in leatherworking for several years now.  I finally found a non-kink use for it.  My friend and I at the fire station both bought one of these but didn't like the cheesy nylon belt that came with it.  So I decided to make a truckman's belt.  I had to visit a tack shop to find a heavy duty clip for the connection; the ones at the hardware store wouldn't sit flat.   I forgot that I didn't have an explanation as to how I had the stuff to make it.  Luckily no one pressed me as to why I had that kind of leather just lying around.