BoundForum Problems/Solutions/Ideas

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

Re: BoundForum Problems/Solutions/Ideas

Unread post by d3vious.g3nius »

Nothing infuses life into the forum more than a few chatty... FEMALES ;)
"I am not helpless, I'm simply restrained at the moment!"

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by MsBehavin »

Hello... did someone call...

Its always nice to see other females regularly posting here but speaking for myself I am currently in the process of moving house so have been a bit scarce of late. In the next few weeks that will change so I'm giving you all fair warning when I'm sorted you can expect a lil' more of moi :D

As for events... I tried to organise a forum 'Chat Fridays' a couple of years back... but lack of interest killed that off in a couple of weeks.

http://boundforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4 ... at+fridays

Then I tried a sexy schmexy stories 'book club' but that didn't get off the ground either.

http://boundforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... re#p762642

The interactive posting fun stuff that has worked has been with friends I know both within and outside of the forum. Good times had by all :D ...you know who you are ;)

Its people that make a forum not any one individual (ok Reilly was as close as we got to the one individual thing) so its over to you fellow forumites.

Post and play... and post about playing.

Trish X

d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

Ahhh Miss B, the forums resident DominateTRISH, good to see you :) Warning* has been duly noted 8-)

Another thing of consequence from the forum software switch over, and some may see this as a good thang', is the inability to stalk forum members who are logged in! LOL

It used to be that quite a few members would stay logged in and you could "see" in their profile what they were doing. Reading a certain post, replying to a PM, or writing one etc etc. And thus, if you happen to be shooting PM's back and forth in quick succession it was very "connected" feeling. Now all you can see, even in their posts is if they are online or not.

While I know this(stalking members) can be a bad thing, for those who chat regularly, and are good in nature, it's a negative to not have this. Couple that with most members simply logging in, posting and then logging off and viola... *tumble weeds... *deserted town... wind blowing in the background ;)

At least, this seems something of significance to me.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

:whispering: Psst- At the bottom of the board index page, click 'who is online'. It won't show what all the 'guests' are up to but does show what the registered members are doing. ;)

d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

:whispers back: pssst... hey Franzia, thank you ;) OMfG, I never knew that!!!

[stealth member stalk mode enabled]

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

No problem d_g, I discovered it by accident! :D

At least it's only accessible by members so guests can't stalk. And while I think it will show if someone is reading or writing a pm, it will not show any addresses. So members need not worry about any cyber-ninja stalkers, you can see what others are doing, but without precise details. 8-)

So many members... so few active ones.

emmasbound
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by emmasbound »

Hi there.
I was clicking onto a couple of stories just now and the links all came up with a 404 error page.
I am not sure if this is the right place to report it though.
Emma

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

emmasbound wrote:I was clicking onto a couple of stories just now and the links all came up with a 404 error page.
Do you happen to know WHICH stories were giving the error page? I just clicked a few titles' names at random from the "Author's Corner" subforum (going back to 2011) and the links all worked properly.

The Half Heard
Chair Bound

Unread post by The Half Heard »

I think they might be referring to the utopiastories site.

It seems... a bit broken.