BoundForum Problems/Solutions/Ideas

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Re: BoundForum Problems/Solutions

Unread post by ruru67 »

gaggedutopia wrote:The 404 page is now a bit better. Check it out:http://boundforum.com/test
Yep, much nicer. Thanks.

BTW: can the "View new posts" screen show which forum the message is in? (BoundAnna, which also uses phpBB, does this.)

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

ruru67 wrote:BTW: can the "View new posts" screen show which forum the message is in? (BoundAnna, which also uses phpBB, does this.)
They run the default 'prosilver' template which displays the topic next to the post. You can set that layout in your profiles if you like.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

gaggedutopia wrote:
ruru67 wrote:BTW: can the "View new posts" screen show which forum the message is in? (BoundAnna, which also uses phpBB, does this.)
They run the default 'prosilver' template which displays the topic next to the post. You can set that layout in your profiles if you like.
Well, that worked. Except of course (a) I don't get your rather nice little illustration at the top, and (b) it looks just like BoundAnna ...

No chance of tweaking that feature into "we_clearblue"?

Peter Sub
Tightly Hogtied

New Forum layout

Unread post by Peter Sub »

I'd like to ongratulate the Site Admin for the new forum looks. It looks pretty clean and modern. And that it seemed to be possible to save everything, including the PM's is certainly appreciated. Even the logo isn't bad, I do agree with the remark that it uses a lot of space, but most people have a large monitor nowadays, so I don't think that's a real problem..

One little remark though.. Would it be possible, when using the "View Active Topics" link, to add again the category the posts were added to? In the previous softawre that was mentioned there, and I did like that.. Not very important, but it's possible that iit needs only a little effort to add it.

But all said and done: Good Job!

Housebound
Strict Strappado

Re: New Forum layout

Unread post by Housebound »

Seconded !
Struggle and Submit

SBadiction
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SBadiction »

Thirded
Happily married (but always ready to flirt) wife not into anything kinky so it's self bondage when I can.

llvr2008
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by llvr2008 »

Agreed

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Peter Sub wrote:Even the logo isn't bad, I do agree with the remark that it uses a lot of space, but most people have a large monitor nowadays, so I don't think that's a real problem..
I just have not had time to rework the size. I'm not happy with how tall it is either. Right now it is almost 200px big and I plan to cut it down to 150px or maybe 125px in height.
Peter Sub wrote:One little remark though.. Would it be possible, when using the "View Active Topics" link, to add again the category the posts were added to? In the previous softawre that was mentioned there, and I did like that.. Not very important, but it's possible that iit needs only a little effort to add it.
I would like to add this to the standard style of the forum. I didn't notice it until we went live, but it is a bit annoying not to know what topic the post is coming from. Since the default style supports it I'm hoping I can just find the code and copy it over.
Peter Sub wrote:But all said and done: Good Job!
Thanks!

Housebound
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Housebound »

:D
Big thank you "Prosilver" covers all my problems with display width and if anything is better than the old forum.

When I first logged into this new forum the prosilver option wasn't there.

Any other niggles will no doubt get sorted either by yourself or by my finding some of the less obvious settings.

once again Thanks.
Struggle and Submit

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Peter Sub wrote:Would it be possible, when using the "View Active Topics" link, to add again the category the posts were added to? In the previous software that was mentioned there, and I did like that.. Not very important, but it's possible that it needs only a little effort to add it.
I found the code that needed to be added for this template and working now. Not sure why the maker of this template would have removed it (it's based from prosilver to start), but it's back now.

This is probably going to be the last tweak that I make unless it's a big problem. With the last forum software updates were a nightmare because there were around 30 software tweaks I made. So every update broke them and I would have to find, edit and fix the 'updated' version. I'm already up to 8 code changes on this one and it's not a week old :) Keep the ideas coming as some of the suggestions can sometimes be fixed with setting tweaks instead of code changes.

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

gaggedutopia wrote: I found the code that needed to be added for this template and working now. Not sure why the maker of this template would have removed it (it's based from prosilver to start), but it's back now.
Much nicer!

Thanks for the effort.

Trekkie
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Trekkie »

Just browsing the Gronc's Art thread.

And I'm noticing that, if the artwork won't fit within the width of the screen, then there's no scroll bars.

To see the right side of Gronc's art, I had to do "Save image" to my hard drive, and then open the artwork in one of my viewer apps.

barbara des
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by barbara des »

Hi,

i hope someone can help me, i had to create a new account because the old one will not work at all.

My original account user name is barbara desmonsche

i try logging in with my old name & old password & the message tells me i cannot log in because my username & password are incorrect & that i have exceeded the maximum log in attempts, even with just "one attempt" made.

i then tried to use the i forgot my password feature & received a new one that will not work either.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you, barbara

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

Trekkie wrote:Just browsing the Gronc's Art thread.

And I'm noticing that, if the artwork won't fit within the width of the screen, then there's no scroll bars.

To see the right side of Gronc's art, I had to do "Save image" to my hard drive, and then open the artwork in one of my viewer apps.
From page 19 of this same thread:
gaggedutopia wrote:
sharon25 wrote:It is the ones that horizontal that is a MAJOR PROBLEM, some have a
comic book story and you can't see the conclusion of it.

What is the problem here???
Why can't I see the whole horizontal artworks anymore?
The images are not actually chopped off. You can simply right click and select 'View Image' in most browsers and see the whole image. If the author's of the posts want to edit their posts so they fit within the margins they are more than welcome to do so. This new forum enforces the page size which is why they are getting chopped off.

Lastly, over 11,000 threads and 133,000 posts were converted. A few eggs are bound to get broken, the sky is not falling. :roll:

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

barbara des wrote:Hi,

i hope someone can help me, i had to create a new account because the old one will not work at all.

My original account user name is barbara desmonsche

i try logging in with my old name & old password & the message tells me i cannot log in because my username & password are incorrect & that i have exceeded the maximum log in attempts, even with just "one attempt" made.

i then tried to use the i forgot my password feature & received a new one that will not work either.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you, barbara
barbara: from what I can tell, gaggedutopia is the only one that can help with password issues; we mods don't seem to have that ability on the new forum.

What error message(s) are you getting when you try to use the new password?

If you've gotten a new password (for the old account), it sounds like you at least have the right e-mail linked to your old account, so you won't have to go back to the old forum and change that!

Hopefully gaggedutopia will see this later this morning, or you might try sending him a PM as well?

pleasewrap
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by pleasewrap »

Note that you can't just pop back to the forum and try the new password you've been e-mailed. There's a link to activate that password in the e-mail that you receive you need to click on first, then the replacement password works.

Go back to the last rest e-mail you received, click on the activation link, and then try. My money is on it working for you.

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

barbara des wrote:i then tried to use the i forgot my password feature & received a new one that will not work either.
We've had nearly a thousand people recover their password without issues. So chances are there is a small step you're missing. If you're getting the email OK, please read it very carefully and follow each step. As pleasewrap mentioned, there is a link you need to click before entering the temp password.

If you're not getting them emails, then you will need to send me an email from the address listed with the original account.

sdlover<3
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by sdlover<3 »

I can't seem to find anything similar to the following old URL -- http://www.boundforum.com/intro3.asp (I was hoping it had a new URL).

The page used to have previews from BDSM websites (pics with a brief descriptions/tags). Is there a similar page on the new forum?

Thanks in advance.

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

What's happened with polls?

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

Hullo.

I was just wondering what's happened to topics based on polls. I recall it being said when the (then) impending change to the forum was being discussed that polls would not translate to the new forum, so they might simply be lost. Yet quite often (most of the time, in fact), a whole thread of discussion developed around polls, and they could be quite interesting. So are these topics lost entirely, or is it just that the poll statistics were lost, but the actual posts are still there?
     I tried looking for some polls that I could recognize as such, but didn't find any - although that may simply be because I didn't look long enough.
     I was just wondering. Thanks.

Regards, Michael.

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Category name changes.

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

I've just noticed that, whereas I was previously "Forever mummified", I am now "Hopelessly suspended". It seems the category names have been changed. Is there a list of the new ones anywhere?
     I guess it doesn't really matter anyway - I was just curious about it.
     Thanks.

Regards, Michael.