BoundForum Problems/Solutions/Ideas

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

RE: BoundForum Problems/Solutions

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

theres a system in find a friend?

OneStrangeGuy
Strict Strappado

Unread post by OneStrangeGuy »

Is that a statement or a question. If it's a question, masically yes, state your (General) location and what you're looking for. The more information the better.

OneStrangeGuy
Strict Strappado

Unread post by OneStrangeGuy »

[quote="stephanie_cd"]But I still think a "How To Post Pictures, Links and Stuff" guide is a great idea![/quote]  I'd certainly second that idea.       For IE -- do this,       For FireFox -- Do this.(Assuming they're different).

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

[quote="tiemeupalso"]theres a system in find a friend?[/quote][quote=OneStrangeGuy]If it's a question, masically yes, state your (General) location and what you're looking for. The more information the better.[/quote]Pretty much what OSG said above, long version from the top of the "Find a Friend" section:[quote=gromet]Please place your contact details here by Country followed by state or city or location. This makes it easier for others to find you. This part of the forum is solely for making contacts, all non contact topics will be deleted. Ithink its a valuable spot for all of us that wish to meet others orreveal themselves in a small way. Feel free to to us as much aboutyourself as you wish. Name Gender Age Location Hobbies Physical Appearance Fetishes Emphasis (anything you feel you are especially good at)Seeking[/quote]I believe the original plan was to use country/state/city in the"subject" line so we wouldn't have -- wow! -- exactly 1000 DIFFERENTthreads as of today!!  That way people could more easily skim and/or use the "search" functionto find people near them -- so far it seems the most orderly people(who have it working as intended) are in the UK thread, and the rest ofthem are scattered about the globe.stephanie_cd

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

i guess sarcasm doesnt translate over the neti really wasnt looking for an answer. and yes i agree that the people in the uK do seem to use the system moretiemeupalso2009-10-20 10:14:03

Claudia
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Claudia »

When I upload a picture I get a windows message box that says "upload successful" or something like that.  It has a button that says "ok".  I click the button and the whole screen freezes.  Everything freezes except the curser which blinks very fast.  I can move the curser, click on everything, but nothing happens.  I ctrl-alt-delete to get out of the site.  I have even rebooted and when I go back onto the site it still is frozen.  I had a suggestion to clear all the cache files.  I did this and everything went back to normal.  I tried to upload again and it froze again.  I have done this on AOL and Explore, both freeze up after uploading.  Can you fix this?  Or am I doing something wrong.  Another member had the same problem.

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

[quote="tiemeupalso"]i guess sarcasm doesnt translate over the neti really wasnt looking for an answer. [/quote]*laugh* Sorry -- I didn't catch the sarcasm bit, and yes, written sarcasm often works better with emoticons or "/sarcasm off" or something to warn the reader! [quote=Claudia] When I upload a picture I get a windowsmessage box that says "upload successful" or something like that.  Ithas a button that says "ok".  I click the button and the whole screenfreezes.  Everything freezes except the curser which blinks very fast. I can move the curser, click on everything, but nothing happens.  Ictrl-alt-delete to get out of the site.  I have even rebooted and whenI go back onto the site it still is frozen.  I had a suggestion toclear all the cache files.  I did this and everything went back tonormal.  I tried to upload again and it froze again.  I have done thison AOL and Explore, both freeze up after uploading.  Can you fix this?  Or am I doing something wrong.  Another member had the same problem.[/quote]Without looking for your other post on this -- the only thing I think you can really "do wrong" is try and upload something over the 100kb limit. And I thought that just gave a "you're over the size limit, please try again" error. Is your image over that limit? If not, and nobody here comes up with any more solutions, you might want to PM gaggedutopia directly, since the mods don't always have time to read each thread daily.stephanie_cd

Claudia
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Claudia »

Thanks for the response Steph.  My files were less than 100k and there was no 'over the limit' message.  In fact, quite the opposite, I got the upload successful message.  And in fact, the images were uploaded successfully.  It is when I click the 'okay' button on the upload successful message that the whole computer freezes up.  It has happened three times. 

Jericho
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Jericho »

[quote="Claudia"] Thanks for the response Steph.  My files were less than 100k and there was no 'over the limit' message.  In fact, quite the opposite, I got the upload successful message.  And in fact, the images were uploaded successfully.  It is when I click the 'okay' button on the upload successful message that the whole computer freezes up.  It has happened three times.  [/quote]
I have the exact same thing happen to me, I can't remember if it happened when I last uploaded a file here while using Chrome, but was always happened when I used IE. I brought this up on the previous page as well, but Claudia has described it better than I did.
*Note - I just tried it out with Chrome, it was acting strange, but stopped when I clicked on to a different page. Maybe it is something with our PC's or the FOrum itself, and not IE's issue.Jericho2009-10-20 20:42:40

Ranai Pahav
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Ranai Pahav »

Claudia & Jericho, if you're looking for a way to work around it for the present,you could upload your image to a "mature" "friends only" (non-public) album on a general imagehosting site that allows adult photos such as www.glowfoto.com , and then post a link, making it show up here on the forum.Edit:If you ever use glowfoto, I recommend choosing the option "Thumbnail: 400x400 (huge)" when uploading, because the thumbnail is what shows up when the link is posted on a message board. Ranai Pahav2009-10-22 10:53:46

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

[quote="Trekkie"]I've seen a lot of UBB systems where a feature has been enabled which allows the system, when someone posts a message, to go through the post, find URLs (I assume it looks for anything that starts with "http:", and then goes to the next whitespace), and makes that URL "clickable". This is the only message board system I've seen that doesn't have that feature switched on. [/quote]In a nutshell, no there is not a feature to be switched on.  It is one of the many things I don't like about this forum software.  Switching to another software has been a consideration, but would mean starting over... messages, users, etc... not really viable at this point.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

I had hoped that this problem would somehow resolve itself, but since it hasn't, I want to bring it up here and see if anyone else has ever had this problem:Whenever I try to post a story on this forum, for the past several months, I always run into massive formatting problems.  Usually, when I copy and paste the text of a story into the box where you post a message, the preview will show it as an absolute mess of selectable text, and gibberish words that look like this:< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 11">It's so bad that I have to to post the words in another thread, copy it there, then post it here, which is rather annoying.  As the above text says, I use Microsoft word to type my stories, but would that have any effect on posting them?  I hope this gets resolved, as it's annoying having to deal with it for months on end.Darkraptor12010-04-23 02:33:33

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

[quote="Darkraptor1"]  As the above text says, I use Microsoft word to type my stories, but would that have any effect on posting them?  I hope this gets resolved, as it's annoying having to deal with it for months on end.[/quote]Yes, apparently MS Word (as well as OpenOffice's version) include formatting code that shows up as described when pasted into the forum! (Now, I suspect -- but I'm not certain -- that earlier versions of those programs coexisted more peacefully with the forum format, but I'm not an expert.)One easier workaround is to simply copy/paste into MS Notepad, which will strip all the formatting codes off the document, then copy/paste into the forum.The problem with this is that Notepad will ALSO strip off any boldface or italics from words -- but in most stories, there probably won't be a LOT of boldface or italics. If there are, one can always re-add them, but that seems simpler than removing lines and lines of gibberish! Hope that helps! stephanie_cd

cagedsgt
Strict Strappado

Unread post by cagedsgt »

I don't even copy and paste but simply save it as a txt fileinstead of word doc file. copying txt files seems to work fine for me. and this isn't the only forum I had the problem of format symbols sneaking through. cagedagt

RGbargy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RGbargy »

During a search I got the follwoing message WARNING: SQL Injection attack detected.
Please contact the forum administrator.Support Error Code:- err_SQLServer_SqlInjectionTest()
File Name:- functions_common.aspR G Bargy
Are you free to participate in bondage

thisis
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by thisis »

im quite bad in searching so i duno whether this has been stated before.

Can we have a button to click and list out all our topic instead of post?

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Whenever you make a post there is a checkbox at the bottom called "Email Notify me of Replies". That might help keep track of your active posts.

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

It sounded to me as if "ThisIs" actually wanted to list just the topics a member has contributed to, not the posts one by one (with multiple listings if the member searched for has posted several times to a topic).
     For this, when you go to the search page, go to "Display Results As", and you will see "Posts" shown underneath, as the default value. Change this to "Topics" before starting the search, and that may be what you wanted.

Regards, Michael.

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Oh, wow -- BRAVO, Michael!! I've been using the "Search" features here for years and TOTALLY missed that one -- I'm usually more focused on changing the "Find Posts: Any Date" pulldown rather than the default "Last Six Months" but that "Topics" option is brilliant, and handy, and certainly organizes things nicely on the Results page! I wonder how many others have never seen that one before either? But THANK YOU for pointing it out!   

thisis
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by thisis »

thx michael. i can always count on you MAN! thanks!