fetlife

Share your favorite links as well as review your experiences, good or bad.
LisaVids
Unfettered Newbie

RE: fetlife

Unread post by LisaVids »

Well, I almost think that people might not respond to such things if there are spelling and grammar mistakes because they might think it's a spam message or a con. So many spam messages that I've received have had spelling and grammar issues that is makes you automatically inclined to ignore such things. I'm not saying it's right, but it is a very sound reason.
Either that or they could think that it's a kid trying to mock the lifestyle.
Personally, I've run into both scenarios.   It makes one wary and cynical. And I'm guilty of it. Learned behavior unfortunately. I've gotten better at at least feeling the person out by responding. It's the best way to gauge if it's worth the time.

tiedup4u123

Unread post by tiedup4u123 »

If someone does try and add me you should message me that you are from this forum. I like fetlife but I feel there are more geniune people here on boundforum. I get a little disguisted with the people on fetlife.

happily_locked
Forever Mummified

Unread post by happily_locked »

I have found fetlife much more interesting than this site. There is indeed a sense of community. I attended a munch last night, and there is an annual event here this weekend which includes not only three tracks of lectures and demos, but food, and dungeon parties two nights in a row.

Leave your keyboard, get out in the world and meet people to play with!

FWIW, I generally do not reply to messages anywhere which are poorly written, i.e. many words spelled incorrectly, incomplete sentences, bad grammar in general. If someone cannot even manage to express their ideas or questions properly, I assume they cannot read, either, so any response by me would not be understood, and is therefore a waste of time.happily_locked2011-07-14 16:47:09

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by ruru67 »

Yeah, I found FetLife a bit daunting. The main problem to me is that it seems very fragmented as a discussion group. Even if you do frequent a few groups, there's always a feeling that there's a whole lot more hiding behind a curtain that you're not part of.But then, I don't think discussion groups are what it's for. I've found that I'm using it as an adjunct to other activities around the 'net, and also to the local face-to-face community. It's a social networking thing for kinksters, and getting to be parts of a network of  like-minded friends (I'm still struggling with what exactly constitutes a "friend") is where the value lies.But getting that value isn't something that happens by turning up and posting, as one can in a forum like this. You have to work at it a bit.

Dilapsus
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Dilapsus »

I have been on Fetlife for a while, and it never really seems to have taken off. It's a bit like a small town train station, there are people passing through but they are infrequent, and seem to be heading somewhere else. Mostly it seems they are heading for Facebook

snakeman
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by snakeman »

HI, like dilapsus i have been on fetlife for a while but have not got round to putting a write up on my page as yet. Mainly because i dont really know what to put and am not very good with wording. One day i will get a profile written up.  I was surprised how many people in my area were on there.   I have not got any 'friends' on fetlife as yet but am more than happy to accept anyone. Its good to get to know someone online with similar interests as yourself so you can chat about them.   Personally i think this site and fetlife are the best sites i have come accross.  On fetlife im snakeman69Steve

happily_locked
Forever Mummified

Unread post by happily_locked »

You never get more from a site than you put in. Post a few photos, write a profile that describes yourself, briefly discusses what you want to find; select some fetishes to further describe yourself, and join some groups that seem to be oriented to your interests. Interact. Suddenly, the folks there will be talking to you. The many folks in your area most certainly have munches or other 'vanilla' meetings, just look at the groups to which they belong. Attend them to meet people. Leave your keyboard behind. Getting a hug is much better than hitting enter.

VintageGordon
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by VintageGordon »

How do you leave Fetlife according to the site you have to e-mail the but the from bar has my full name and I'd rather not give them that.

VintageGordon
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by VintageGordon »

I'm back on fetlife so if anyone wants to say hi I've got the same user name (VintageGordon).

dale232
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by dale232 »

Fetlife is the perfect place to find a local group.  I had no idea there were several in my town.  I'm finally going to have some face-to-face contacts.  By the way, I'm gene232 on Fetlife.   https://fetlife.com/users/260962 No, I'm not leaving Bound Forum.  There's still much I can learn here as well. 

Gospodin
Chair Bound

Unread post by Gospodin »

I'm GospodinP on there. Send me a friend request if you like my fiction!

Tom20
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Tom20 »

Tom20 :)

icekinkyman
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by icekinkyman »

You can find me at http://fetlife.com/users/515351 :)icekinkyman2011-09-05 12:10:15

pandorasub
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by pandorasub »

pandorakett --please send me a message first though, since me and the master (knotseraph) have had some issues with inappropriate people causing trouble :)

GuidoG
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by GuidoG »

I too have decided to give in and sign up to FetLife, let's see what the fuss is about :PI should add the address to find me https://fetlife.com/users/1125715GuidoG2012-01-06 20:29:08

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

Feel free to add me on there - no msg needed unless you want to

https://fetlife.com/users/1219 (gaggedutopia)
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

dale232
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by dale232 »

[quote="gaggedutopia"]Feel free to add me on there - no msg needed unless you want to https://fetlife.com/users/1219 (gaggedutopia)[/quote]  Already done.  I'm gene232 over there. 

Mummyluvr
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Mummyluvr »

Wow; been awhile since I've checked in here (been spending my time over on FetLife).  I'm Mummyluvr over there as well. I've made friends on both coasts, and contacted a couple of local folks and had play sessions with them, so it worked out really well for me personally.  I have found that once you start commenting on other peoples' pictures, you will slowly but surely begin corresponding with others, and generate a few friend requests, so it might well depend on how much time you put into it.Mummyluvr2011-10-15 09:36:15

Candy90
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Candy90 »

Hi All,If anyone would like to add me over at fetlife my url is https://fetlife.com/users/1261282 or Kinkstercandice.
Regards,

Candice xoxoxo

Feel free to friend me at Fetlife. Please send a message too let me know a little about yourself.
https://fetlife.com/users/1261282

Adam N. Eaves
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Adam N. Eaves »

Hiya all.I have recently registered for FetLife too it is brill, but sadly not many UK there but is difficult to search by area; here is my urlhttps://fetlife.com/users/1351246    or adamneaves username - catch you therecheersAdam