BoundForum Problems/Solutions/Ideas

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
gaggedutopia
Site Admin

BoundForum Problems/Solutions/Ideas

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

There seems to be a few strange problem cropping up on the forum,expecially since the user base is rapidly growing.  I have created thisthread for people to report different problems they are having andhopefully get resolutions to.  It will also be a place to keep track ofknown problems so that there are not duplicate threads.As of 05/22/2006 I know of these issues:Some posts require you to scroll to read the whole post.  Thisseems to be a CSS (Style Sheet) problem with the current theme that isbeing used on the forum.  I am in the process of working on a new themeto test out. The ability to upload custom avatars doesn't seem to be workingproperly and an error message appears.  I have been able to replicatethis issue and I am working on a resolution. When taking 10 minutes or more to post a reply, the forum logsthe user out and loses the post.  This most often happens on longposts.I will edit this post and update it with new issues or problems (butonly when they have been confirmed or multiple users report theissue).  If you are posting about a new problem (or postingdetails about an existing one), be sure to include the followinginformation (if possible): The name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), (ie: Earthlink,AOL, Comcast, RCN, PacBell, etc...).  If it is a local company(small), a specific name is not needed.  What browser you are using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc...) What operating system and version you use (Windows XP, Mac OSX, Linux, etc...)
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

wannabestuck
Tightly Hogtied

RE: BoundForum Problems/Solutions

Unread post by wannabestuck »

ohh, i am glad you mentioned the custom avatars thing to.  i love my cute struggling girl in the tree i am using, but have tried a couple of times to upload a shot of me mummifed to no avail.   the other issue i brought up in my topic about not being able to post a reply thing seems to have gone away.  i'll let you know if i experience it again. cori

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

[quote]the other issue i brought up in my topic about not being able to post areply thing seems to have gone away.  i'll let you know if i experienceit again.[/quote]I have that on my list to watch.  I will add it to the master listif some other people experience it.  I just have to make sure itwasn't a fluke and/or something on your computer first.  If itdoes crop up again for you, please let me know.

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

I just checked with the software vendor for the forum and it seemsthere is a bug with the upload functionality.  They are aware ofit and working on a solution for the next version (which should besoon).  As soon as it is available, I will try it out.

TeaSer
Strict Strappado

Unread post by TeaSer »

[quote="GaggedUtopia"]I just checked with the software vendor for the forum and it seemsthere is a bug with the upload functionality.  They are aware ofit and working on a solution for the next version (which should besoon).  As soon as it is available, I will try it out.[/quote]Oops - this could be some problem with an updated php, which does a lot stricter checking than previous versions. I heard about such an upload problem 4-6 months ago.Cheers
You may call me an old, perverted sadist - but don't flatter

keyless
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by keyless »

Hi, I suspect this is a Safari issue:

When composing a message and selecting a icon, the little pop-up window shows most of the icons, but doesn't seem scrollable.

Earthlink, Safari 2.0.3 on OSX 10.4.6. Not able to reproduce using MSIE on Windows ME or XP.

:) Thanks!
So many people in the same device ...

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

It looks like the scrollbars are disabled on the popups as they don't show up in Firefox either.  The window is still resizable however, so if you grab the corner you can see the rest of the page.  I might be able to make it bigger so there is no need to scroll, I will let you know.

rubberwolf
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by rubberwolf »

I have a slight problem that I only notice when looking at the stories section.  The page is cut off to a standard size.  I can see the top half of text disapearing down, but am unable to scrole in order to read the story.  This is most anying in that I can not, therefore, read any of the stories posted on the board. Rubberwolf

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

Similar problem here with longer stories- I can scroll, but it scrolls to a blank section!?

gromet
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by gromet »

No problems here using Windows XP, IE 6. Can scroll, read everything and use the smilies! And the ISP is Telstra Bigpond, which is the main telephone company here in OZ.gromet2006-05-27 22:10:04

cagedsgt
Strict Strappado

Unread post by cagedsgt »

The only time my scrool seems to not work properly is if I school to fast and the entire thread isn't completely loaded. Then I get a dozen pages of the same line over and over.
But if I click back to the top and try again every thing is fine after it loads completely.
Maybe as in life we are in to big of a hurry and can't wait for things to come our way.

I'm using the lastest explorer and Norton, I did have to turn of the pop up blocker because a number of sites second call up was being deemed a pop up.
cagedsgt

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

I have seen that problem (before and after the upgrade) where it scrambles the text.  It's a graphics problem with browsers and CSS.  It can be fixed by reworking a lot of code, but since they didn't in this last upgrade, I doubt they will any time soon.  It also might have to do with the graphic I use for the site, making it smaller might help, but I kinda like it how it is

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

It looks like the forum software has released an update that is supposeto fix some of the issues people have seen on the latest upgrade. Hopefully this will include image uploading, but I can't find any goodrelease notes for the update.I am tentatively planning to do this update this coming weekend.

Masochic
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Masochic »

Hello: Small problem. I was attempting to post a new topic in self bondage. It required approximately 3 short paragraphs to detail the subject. I believe it required 7 or 8 minutes to gather my thoughts and to complete them. Upon clicking "post reply"... I discovered that I had been logged out. Grrr! Has anyone else encountered this problem? The hour is a bit late and I think I'm lacking the mental stamina to attempt to repost the question. Please advise. Thank you  Amy

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

This has happened to me a number of occasions.  Usually I type areply and walk away for a little bit, finish the post and loseit.  I have got into the habbit (on long posts) to select all andcopy the text before posting... pretty annoying.I'm going to add it to the problem list above since I know it is not just me.

Masochic
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Masochic »

GU: Thank you! Making mental note to do that. I appreciate your suggestion.  Amy

TeaSer
Strict Strappado

Unread post by TeaSer »

Guess you other guys have seen this as well:Logging ind give me flagged unread groups/topic - I usually have to change to 'newest first', but that's ok.However when I answer something, I seem to have been 'revoked' - now it's 'oldest first' and the flags are gone. Just like if I did a 'catch up'.
You may call me an old, perverted sadist - but don't flatter

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Teaser - I am not sure what you mean by changing the flags when you login.  Are you using the "Active Topics" button at the top of thescreen to find new posts?

wannabestuck
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by wannabestuck »

i've got a new problem.  i am trying to private message someone and i click on their screenname while logged in and it tells me i have to be a registered member to view profiles...but i am!  and i'm logged in.  i'm clueless.  can you help?

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

I tried this myself and didn't have any trouble.  When I click on the name it shows the profile and then allows me to click on the PM icon.  It sounds like cookie issue, if you have them disabled or limited, it would defiantly cause a problem.  Also, try logging out of the forum completely and use the login page to log back in (not the quick login).If that doesn't work, please take a moment and read the first post in this thread and supply some of the requested information.  Thanks.