Hi & welcome to all new members

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
Guests
Tightly Hogtied

RE: Hi & welcome to all new members

Unread post by Guests »

OK, I'm a lazy sod, I'm not going to go through all the new members & greet you individually! Welcome to the gang, fellow kinkyones. Hope you all enjoy the joint as much as I do. It takes a lot of courage to come out & join a place like this- go & look in the mirror & appreciate yourselves this instant! Be nice to each other, be cool & most importantly- BE SAFE! Bondage can be dangerous & so can weirdos- don't forget anyone can see this site, without being a member, including pics & personal info. Use a PM to contact potential buddies.tojo

bisubcross
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by bisubcross »

I'm going to tie myself into Tojo's thread here and welcome everyone as well. The forum seems to be growing rather quickly with lots of new members. Just remember to play nice. 

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

Yes, this forum is growing very fast compared to the old one. I too, extend a hand (claw?) in greetings to new members who come to this forum.  May you have a delightful time, and if you get tied up somehow, don't worry about it!

tiedrubberdoll
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by tiedrubberdoll »

Well, I'm new, (joined just an hour ago), so thanks for the welcome.[quote] It takes a lot of courage to come out & join a place like this[/quote]Tojo, indeed it does, i've been watching the forum for quite some time now, but i never dared to join it. But thank god (though i am not a religeous guy) for the anonimity of the internet.

slaphappy
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by slaphappy »

Thanks to the regulars for welcoming us newbies.  Been lurking fora while on the old forum and now this new and improved version aswell.  Finally decided to hop on here and join in the discussionsthough.  Seems like a very well run and polite forum and mycompliments on everyones manners here  Seen a few chat rooms and forums  where people are constantlyflaming one another due to misconceptions or an individuals ignoranceon a particular topic.  Seems silly for those into BDSM to be soelitist amongs one another IMHO.  Few enough of us as their is, noneed to create cliques within an already rather small community itseems.  Anyway, thanks for the greetings and thanks to Gromet andGaggedUtopia for giving us such a well run forum for discussing ourvarious kinks.

RubberDoll
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by RubberDoll »

It is indeed heartwarming to receive such an open welcome.  I'm really pleased to see so many guests sign up and join in on the fun.  The best part is not only gaining wisdom from all of the "tried-n-true" greats, but the comraderie of the newbies as well.

Guests
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Guests »

Actually I haven't been a member all that long- only a few months or so. I feel more at home here than any forum I'm a member of. Good point about the 'class' of the members here though Slaphappy- I've always been impressed by the good manners & level of politeness. There's some nice people here- must be something about ropes, leather & tight gags! Perhaps the time spent bound allows a contemplation of inner self that others miss out on! (Geez, I am feeling good tonight!) tojo

sweetlisa
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by sweetlisa »

Well I just joined in on the forums but have been visiting the site for years. Thanks for the welcome guys. (Now I must go and get a bandage for my hand,,,Darkraptors claw got me when we shook) ouch ouch ouch...lol

tiedash
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by tiedash »

It's great to see so many people posting at the moment. I can hardly keep up!Anyhows, now I've hit 30, it's time to be chairbound...phew! I thought I was going to be left untied forever...shudder!BTW, happy Halloween everyone....a good excuse to dress up, tiedash.... 

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

I've just joined a few days ago and already I can see this is a remarkable forum- I've rarely seen such a group of well-mannered, polite and fascinating people anywhere!

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

[quote="Franzia"]I've just joined a few days ago and already I can see this is a remarkable forum- I've rarely seen such a group of well-mannered, polite and fascinating people anywhere! [/quote] Isn't it interesting how on all the "normal" forums, people are...well...usually not too inteligent, and yet on fetish forums, it's almost always the opposite.  Just an interesting thing i've noticed.Darkraptor138656.8087037037

gromet
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by gromet »

Well I hope that it continues that way! The previous forums went well too with only minor issues that the moderators jumped on quickly.I'd like to welcome everyone to the forum too! If you haven't already joined - why not?

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

[quote="gromet"]If you haven't already joined - why not? [/quote]That's a great idea... we are already at 50% membership of the previousforum in just a few short weeks.  I'm happy to see a lot oflurkers have signed up and participating.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

galindthegood
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by galindthegood »

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. To GaggedUtopia: I'm sure it's growing so quickly because of the welcoming atmosphere and the easy to navigate format. And I agree with DarkRaptor; fetish forums do seem to have a higher level of intelligent conversation. Goodness knows I've moderated enough email lists to have encountered many an internet moron and compulsive flamer.My partner, who's on her way to becoming a lawyer, has mentioned how lawyers make up a high percentage of the BDSM community. Stressful job needing a good release (If one will pardon any possible puns), as are many of the more intellectual fields. Perhaps that could be one explanation of the higher level of polite, intelligent conversation on fetish forums. Something to contemplate the next time you find yourself tied up with no place to go.

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

[quote="galindthegood"]
My partner, who's on her way to becoming a lawyer, has mentioned how lawyers make up a high percentage of the BDSM community. Stressful job needing a good release (If one will pardon any possible puns), as are many of the more intellectual fields. Perhaps that could be one explanation of the higher level of polite, intelligent conversation on fetish forums. Something to contemplate the next time you find yourself tied up with no place to go.[/quote]
And regarding Dom/Sub or top/bottom relationships, there is also the theory that people in a situation of power demanding many daily decisions, wish to relax and let someone else make the decisions when it comes to sex. Or simply put: it may sometimes be a reversal of one's daily life. Should there be any police officers here for example, they could quickly verify whether this theory is true or not. Franzia38658.7831944444

Guests
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Guests »

Nah, it's just that when you're helpless for a period of time, controlled by another person, or an ice cube(?) you get time to contemplate the inner self & attain intellectual heights that mere mortals cannot achieve. Who's gonna argue with that? tojo- the enlightened one......

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

[quote="tojo"] Nah, it's just that when you're helpless for a period of time, controlled by another person, or an ice cube(?) you get time to contemplate the inner self & attain intellectual heights that mere mortals cannot achieve.
Who's gonna argue with that?

tojo- the enlightened one......[/quote]
Not me! I will not argue against that idea!

dodgerfan
Strict Strappado

Unread post by dodgerfan »

Tojo that's a very interesting thought

bisubcross
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by bisubcross »

Just thought I would bring this one back to say Hello to all the new members. If I said hello to them all individually i would lose my cherished chair tie rating, And I do love being chair tied.

feline
Forever Mummified

Unread post by feline »

indeed, welcome to all of the new people!  may you findcompanionship, friendship, a meeting of minds, and the community youhave always looked for in this welcoming and wonderful place *rolls over and invites people to line up to feed chocolate and provide tummy rubs to the cute little pussy cat*