Great - The new forum

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
FetishBabe
Unfettered Newbie

RE: Great - The new forum

Unread post by FetishBabe »

Just happy to have a forum backHopefully this will be more reliable than the last.Are there any plans to move some of the old postings across?I note we have to re-registerFB

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

Unread post by gaggedutopia »

The owner of the previous forum, phpbbforfree, is... well, an immaturechild.  The guy doesn't understand that even though he wasoffering the service for free, he still had a commitment to keep itup.  On top of it, when people called him on it (via the downtimesupport forum on his site), he basically said deal with it because itwas for a greater good.  I'm all for upgrades, and I won't promisethere won't be any here, but I can promise it won't be down for a weekunless it is 100% out of my control (ie: lightning takes out thebuilding, flood, ISP goes down).Unfortunatly, EDK (phpbb owner) has a policy do to give people thier databases thus making it difficult to leave . Such is not the case here, everything is owned by Gromet and myself, sowe can move it anywhere we want if needed or export the data to anotherforum if we had to.I guess what I am trying to say is, get comfortable, this site will be here for a long time.
Bondage Junkies: Bondage. Done. Right.
GU's Story Archive: Stories, Galleries and more!

pleasewrap
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by pleasewrap »

There may be some movement by the various moderators, but if there's athread you want to preserve, it'd be best to start it upyourself.  We'd just be doing a copy & paste, just like youwould.

tiedash
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by tiedash »

Well, I have to say, this new forum looks very nice. A wise decision to move. A big thankyou to GaggedUtopia for taking this on.I do hope that it is a big success.Tiedash....

Galinda
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Galinda »

Tis the first time I've come on the forum as previously either the server or my computer didn't want to play nicely. Things were constantly crashing so I had to give it up. But from being on other forums this one is nice and clean looking and easy to operate. Glad we got away from the immature child, I've had my fill of those sort of people on and off the net.Galinda (The Not So Good)Galinda38638.4599189815

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

Hopefully, we will experience no down time on this forum.  Whilethe previous forum was good, and the updates were to be expected, itdid get annoying.  But i'm sure this new forum will work out justfine.

Fogane
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Fogane »

All seems good. Thanks GaggedUtopia! 

feline
Forever Mummified

Unread post by feline »

[quote="GaggedUtopia"]I'm all for upgrades, and I won't promise there won't be any here, but I can promise it won't be down for a week unless it is 100% out of my control (ie: lightning takes out the building, flood, ISP goes down).[/quote]

many thanks and congratulations to you! you have stepped in and done all of us a great and wonderful service here!

i remember looking for the "backup the forum" button at the old forum during my rare spare minutes, but it was disabled when i found it *sigh*

thinking of which, have you looked into a backup for this new lovely home? i hope you never need to use it, but having one helps to aid peace of mind

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

[quote="feline"]have you looked into a backup for this new lovely home? ihope you never need to use it, but having one helps to aid peace ofmind [/quote]I physically own the server that this forum (and my site) runson.  I do nightly backups and if for whatever reason if the forumneeded to move to another location, I could easily export the data andrebuild it somewhere else.  That was one of the main reasons forscrapping a good forum and moving, so starting over wouldn't ever haveto happen again.

zorfdt
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by zorfdt »

[quote="GaggedUtopia"]I guess what I am trying to say is, get comfortable, this site will be here for a long time.
[/quote] A hearty thanks goes out to you and Gromet for all your hard work in getting the forum up and running and getting it away from the old hosting "service"!  I can't wait to see what kinky, perverted people stop by.  :)Keep up the good work!-Mike

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

WHO YOU CALLING KINKY AND PERVERTED ZORFTD?oh i for got for a sec where i was(home)

cosmolovesph
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by cosmolovesph »

[quote="Fogane"]All seems good. Thanks GaggedUtopia! [/quote]And thank you to Gromet too!!

angel_uk
Strict Strappado

Unread post by angel_uk »

Thanks for a more reliable site then 8-)

I did find the agreement I had to accept to sign up a little strange. Apparently I'm not allowed to post anything vulgar or sexual...
Angel
https://fetlife.com/users/32029
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angieb_nu/

Fogane
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Fogane »

[quote="angel_uk"]I did find the agreement I had to accept to sign up a little strange. Apparently I'm not allowed to post anything vulgar or sexual...[/quote]
Oh dear. I will admit that I didn't read it. I guess we'll all have to keep our posts clean...

feline
Forever Mummified

Unread post by feline »

[quote="angel_uk"]Thanks for a more reliable site then 8-)I did find the agreement I had to accept to sign up a littlestrange. Apparently I'm not allowed to post anything vulgar orsexual...[/quote]did you miss the white on white small print?  i was sure ispecified not quite white on white for the small print, but there yougo *radiates innocence*it turns out that if anyone posts anything vulgar or sexual then theyare liable to be stripped naked, dressed up in something kinky, triedup, and then...  well...  then it depends on what theyposted, but we will almost certainly do something sexual to them!i believe that we have to show you the "error" of y our ways, and that a good orgasm is a powerful learning tool!  

angel_uk
Strict Strappado

Unread post by angel_uk »

Oh well, I guess I can take my chances with that
Angel
https://fetlife.com/users/32029
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angieb_nu/

bisubcross
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by bisubcross »

Well it feels good to be back with everyone.

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

[quote="angel_uk"]I did find the agreement I had to accept to sign up alittle strange. Apparently I'm not allowed to post anything vulgar orsexual...[/quote]Thanks for mentioning it.  It is something that came with the site so I never noticed (as I never "signed up" per se).I will check it out tonight and have it fixed soon.  Good eye!

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

[quote="feline"] [quote="angel_uk"]Thanks for a more reliable site then 8-) I did find the agreement I had to accept to sign up a little strange. Apparently I'm not allowed to post anything vulgar or sexual...[/quote]did you miss the white on white small print?  i was sure i specified not quite white on white for the small print, but there you go *radiates innocence*it turns out that if anyone posts anything vulgar or sexual then they are liable to be stripped naked, dressed up in something kinky, tried up, and then...  well...  then it depends on what they posted, but we will almost certainly do something sexual to them!i believe that we have to show you the "error" of y our ways, and that a good orgasm is a powerful learning tool!
  [/quote]  shit,fuck piss,damn, fuckit,hell,etc..................will that get me"shown the error of my ways"tiemeupalso38641.3848726852

gaggedutopia
Site Admin

I fixed the agreement last night.  The default text and forum settings are made for kiddies.