Error 403 Forbidden

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
this_girl
Chair Bound

Error 403 Forbidden

Unread post by this_girl »

for reasons of total paranoia, I always access BoundForum via Tor, after all BoundForum is not secure. Occasionally, I am blocked, often mid-post, with the Error 403 message. On the last two occasions, Tor had routed my session through Ukraine and Russia.

Is there anybody, who knows if I should be worried. Is the BoundForum being blocked by the country of origin or is the forum blocking some countries?

Incidentally, when I started typing, I was in an unknown country; now I am in Liberia.

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Error 403 Forbidden

Unread post by Cd Tammy »

Some countries block sites they believe to contain inappropriate content. With TOR, you are not sure where you are being routed through. Turkey is a country that many things are blocked. I have had a Turkish IP address before when using TOR.

this_girl
Chair Bound

Unread post by this_girl »

Cd Tammy wrote:Some countries block sites they believe to contain inappropriate content. With TOR, you are not sure where you are being routed through. Turkey is a country that many things are blocked. I have had a Turkish IP address before when using TOR.
That is more or less what I suspected. This is why, when i am blocked I check the TOR routing and my IP address.

Thank you.

One Pivot
Chair Bound

Unread post by One Pivot »

Damn, I login with my work computer! :lol:
See my handmade leather bondage gear here! https://www.etsy.com/shop/leatherbyonepivot

Cd Tammy
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Cd Tammy »

One Pivot wrote:Damn, I login with my work computer! :lol:
Hopefully, you are kidding. That is dangerous on so many levels. Well, unless you hate your job. Not long ago, IT brought an issue to my attention that involved someone surfing to some inappropriate sites during work hours on a company laptop. Let’s say that I recognized the sites by name.

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Unread post by boundBinder »

Cd Tammy wrote:
One Pivot wrote:Damn, I login with my work computer! :lol:
Hopefully, you are kidding. That is dangerous on so many levels. Well, unless you hate your job. Not long ago, IT brought an issue to my attention that involved someone surfing to some inappropriate sites during work hours on a company laptop. Let’s say that I recognized the sites by name.
Hey, approach them in a non-work setting. You guys clearly have something in common. ;)