Who makes this hood?

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
Trekkie
Strict Strappado

RE: Who makes this hood?

Unread post by Trekkie »

[quote="sakijo"] Waiting on Mr S . . . [/quote]

They did some custom work for me, 4 years or so ago.

They didn't respond to my email for what seemed like a long time. (I'm thinking a month, but that might just be my low tolerance for waiting.)

But when they responded, it was their manager of production. They actually had me ship them a piece of gear that I owned, so that they could take measurements from it, then produced their version of it, with the modifications I requested, within a few days. I was really pleased with it.

(They also charged me considerably less than the admittedly rather large price I told them I was willing to pay.)

sakijo
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by sakijo »

The production manager liked the design and it has gone to production for a cost estimate.  I am thinking that they will probably offer it in their regular line-up.  When I get the cost estimate, I'll let you know, BUT being Mr. S, it probably won't come cheap/

Gavving
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Gavving »

sakijo I'm excited to hear about possibly getting the hood made.  I was wondering if it was probably a one off design.  Did you happen to find pictures with either just the blindfold on or just the lower face covering on?  From the pictures I've seen its hard to see if the blindfold part has a cutout for the nose, or goes on top.  Also the lower face part doesnt appear to have gromet holes for the nose either...  Maybe I just can't see them in the pictures I've got.Thanks!

sakijo
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by sakijo »

Photo #2 above clearly shows the nose cut out on the blindfold part. I can't see it in the photos, but I would expect that the bottom part has some kind of porvision for breathing like grommets.

Trekkie
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Trekkie »

[quote="sakijo"] The production manager liked the design and it has gone to production for a cost estimate.  I am thinking that they will probably offer it in their regular line-up.  When I get the cost estimate, I'll let you know, BUT being Mr. S, it probably won't come cheap/[/quote]

BTW, please let me know what they say about a price estimate. I might want to buy one, myself.

(Feel free to let them know that they might have two customers, if you think that will help.)

sakijo
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by sakijo »

I have gotten another e-mail from them today.  It is not clear to me what they were trying to convey except that there were two options.  One was a custom order price which I took to mean I either provide or buy a hood from them to modify and a straight hood price.  They are wanting to produce and sell it, and I really don't see any way for me to stop them from doing just that, but the e-mail made it seem like I had such an option.  More to follow.

angel_uk
Strict Strappado

Unread post by angel_uk »

I'd assume 'custom order' means "we'll make this for you as a one off, and charge you quite a bit", and the other price is "this is what it will cost to buy as a normal product if we add it to our stock items".

If they've got any sort of ethical values, they won't just take the design and use it if you say you won't want them to. Me, I'd probably be cheeky and say "go ahead and produce it, as long as I get one at cost" :-)
Angel
https://fetlife.com/users/32029
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angieb_nu/

sakijo
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by sakijo »

Angel, that's what I'm thinking, but the "custom order" cost is much cheaper than the "off the shelf cost"  leading me to believe that I must supply the hood.  I have ethics too, and it's not my design, so I really don't think I have a say in the matter.  However, designs are regularly taken and built - after all, how many hood designs are there?  I am hoping for some kind of price break for bringing the design to their attention.   I will post after they  reply to my concerns.

Master Stephen
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Master Stephen »

That really is about the hottest hood ever.

sakijo
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by sakijo »

Okay, I received another e-mail, which further clouds the matter of price.  They meant to say the the custom order was XXX, and the production price was YYY.  I gave them the go-ahead to make one for me and the details of payment are pending.  I also mentioned that there are several more people who are interested in purchasing, so if they could let me know when it will hit their website and the catalog product number.  Will let you know what they say - but it is gettting closer to reality.

rubidium88
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by rubidium88 »

Trekkie
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Trekkie »

[quote="rubidium88"] Try this link, http://www.mr-s-leather.com/HT0093S.html?id=LQZv4MeS
[/quote]

I own that hood. I really, really, like it. (It's my absolute favorite hood to wear.)

But it's nowhere similar to what they're looking for.

Gavving
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Gavving »

FYI it looks like Mr. S has finally added this hood type to their offerings.  They've called it the HT420 Asylum hood.  It's not exactly the same, but looks good indeed.  I'd love to see a tight fitting version of it on a female. :)http://www.mr-s-leather.com/HT240.htmlNow I just need to save up some pennies...  alot of them sadly :(

Born2BeBound
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Who makes this hood?

Unread post by Born2BeBound »

I dunno if anyone is still interested but I finally found this hood on DHGATE. I’m trying to paste the link from the app but it’s not working for some reason. I just searched ‘bondage hoods’ and found 2 of them from two different sellers.