Straitjacket

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Straitjacket

Unread post by Stahlketten »

Can anyone give advice on sources and manufacturers / brands of straitjackets that can be purchased easily?
What features should I be looking for?

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Straitjacket

Unread post by SergioUK »

There are dozens of suppliers, possible hundreds even, so some idea of your budget, intended use and any special requirements would be useful.

At the top end of the scale the old faithfuls like Fetters, Mr. S. Leathers and many others can supply standard or customised straitjackets with many options from material and colour to straps, buckles, locks, degree of restriction, suspension and access to private parts. And you'll pay handsomely for them, many hundreds of GBP/EUR/USD.

At the other end of the scale you can get a perfectly functional and pretty much inescapable example for bedtime play for under £30/€30/$30 from the China via Ebay, AliExpress, DHgate etc.

My first one was over £200 from Fetters about 25 years ago and it's served well. About ten years ago I bought a similar one on Ebay mainly out of curiosity and the possibility of then partner and I being bound together, and it's much lighter and flimsier but otherwise fine.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

Thanks SergioUK,
It sounds like I should be going for the $30 range then. I don't even know if it will be used that many times. If we find it to be something that we enjoy using then it would make sense to get something more elaborate. Now I just need to know what to look for. As with any of our toys, it must be escape proof for the prisoner.

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

It's a good philosophy that I apply to anything from mobile electronics to 3D printers to kitchen appliances - the entry level these days can be so much cheaper than the high quality end that it's often worth buying pretty much the cheapest on the basis that it's a learning experience and you're prepared to write it off once you've discovered your exact requirements for an expensive one.

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

To address that escape-proof requirement, as long as the size is right (basically it's not so large that the straps are slack on the tightest hole), there's a strap at the front or either side to prevent the arms being lifted over the head, and it has crotch straps (I'd recommend two for 'accessibility' and toilet use without compromising security) then it won't be wriggled out of. (My ex is a UK dress size 10 and I'm like 38" chest, 34" waist, but there was enough adjustment for both of us to be secure.) For long intense periods either locking buckles (you only actually have to lock waist, neck, arms, and one crotch strap) or cable ties to prevent the wearer from undoing buckles by hooking them against something like a door handle.

Lighter weight canvas and most PVC or patent leather are flexible enough that the hands can be used to some degree, which may be desirable but can easily be prevented with mittens underneath (we used fist mitts) and if the wearer has really flexible shoulders then it might be worth putting straps or wrist cuffs over the sleeves to stop the arms being withdrawn. A pinion strap to restrain the upper arms prevents a lot of movement - a pair of ankle cuffs applied above the elbows and joined by a strap across the back works well.

Be careful with the tightness of the neck strap for obvious reasons. But we had fun adding a posture collar which makes the wearer feel a lot more immobile.

With a little imagination you'll come up with all sorts of games to play. With your partner in it pull some clothes and a big coat over them and take them for a walk or a beer in a pub garden. Or give them the key to the chastity belt you're wearing to hold while they're bound. Or let them hold the remote to a vibrator locked into your pants. And many many more.

Have fun. I know you're going to.

wildcard
Chair Bound

Unread post by wildcard »

I was looking for a straight jacket. I see they make a women's style which is like a cropped style verses a full jacket. Can a man wear this style? The reason I ask is a full style looks like it could be too hot to wear for an extended period of time.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

Generally speaking, there is no reason a male cannot wear a women's style as long as the sizing is OK, they just tend to be smaller. Unfortunately you will find you get hot no matter what style, as you are covering your chest with your arms (like you hug yourself when it's cold), what really makes a difference, I have found, is the material, Leather gets hotter faster than Canvas and you start sweating like a pig very quickly in Rubber. :D
I find the biggest problem with being strapped in a jacket for an extended period is the pain in the arms and shoulders as there is very little movement if you are tightly strapped up. :(
Unlike on stage or in videos , when you struggle you are only really going to be able to move your torso, your shoulders and arms should stay firmly in place (side and front loops should prevent working arms up or down) and if the sleeves are tightly strapped together you will probably have very little hand movement. Escapologists tend to have 'gimicked' or looser fitting Straightjackets so they can get shoulder and hand movement.
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?