What is this silver tape ?

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
jerrybro
Unfettered Newbie

What is this silver tape ?

Unread post by jerrybro »

Hi everyone! I used to apply duct tape for mouth gag. However, it hurts my hair and skin. Now I am a big fan of medical tape. Sometimes I saw a roll of 'silver tape' in certain bondage videos. It looks like duct tape but the sound of unwrapping is different. The damage seems to be lower than duct tape. Could someone please tell me what tape it is ? Thank you!

Reference: https://www.boundhub.com/videos/197810/ ... d-bondage/

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Re: What is this silver tape ?

Unread post by Petrajane »

There are various strengths of duct tape as far as I know. Some, as you say can be quite drastic to the lips, or eyebrows!

Whilst others can be alleviated by simply licking your lips before it is applied.

vintageaman
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by vintageaman »

It`s called bondage tape. Nice, low-stick to anything but itself, so best used for complete wrap-around gags.

chaos_fab
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by chaos_fab »

I believe it's actually Vinyl Duct tape - or at least a version of it.
You can find some variant of it at home depot labeled 'Electricians Vinyl Tape' or something like that in a 2"/50mm size for about 5$.

Hope this helps

One Pivot
Chair Bound

Unread post by One Pivot »

I'm sure there's a vanilla version of the "bondage tape", but I cant find it currently. Its just PVC tape with no adhesive. Its fun to play with, doesn't stick on hair or make a mess. It does however, tape someone up really tightly! Its about 9 bucks for a 65' roll, well worth it to not deal with adhesive.

I use a lot of vinyl electrical tape professionally. I wouldn't want to use that on a person or for play. Its kind of messy and the adhesive seems to smear sometimes.
See my handmade leather bondage gear here! https://www.etsy.com/shop/leatherbyonepivot