Is this forum dead?

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
Collarboy_2011
Unfettered Newbie

Is this forum dead?

Unread post by Collarboy_2011 »

Is this forum still used and if not really, then where is everyone hanging out these days?

I have come back here with great login difficulties and not able to contact any admin (DUE TO NOT BEING LOGGED IN!!).
I think that is a major oversight by the forum admin and may have resulted in a loss of members that could no longer log in.

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Re: Is this forum dead?

Unread post by Petrajane »

No, the forums aren't dead, they are, however, quiet at the moment.

d3vious.g3nius
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by d3vious.g3nius »

While it still has a pulse, it's very very weak!

I can't tell if there was a cultural shift or if it was the forum "software" switch that
deadened this place, but something definitely happened. It would be easy to see from
my own old post history, or lack thereof, when this took place but I'm too lazy for
that, hehe.

Anyways, happy bondages,
- d.g
"I am not helpless, I'm simply restrained at the moment!"

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

no,just in a coma

Dianag
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Dianag »

I wonder if it's a side effect of the lockdown due to this virus pandemic. How many people are on this forum and other sites without the knowledge of a partner? With everyone at home, it may well be that a lot of members dare not visit sites like this.

Collarboy_2011
Unfettered Newbie

Well, most of what I can see here is from years ago.
I reckon it is done.
I am just not sure if it is done because everyone stopped bondage and stuff or if it is because everyone moved to Facebook groups, Fetlife etc.

I would love to know.
Perhaps the whole BDSM thing is done these days as it is now just mainstream?

Just about all the forums I knew, the story pages and so on are gone and no new ones have started as far as I can tell. It is basically like the dark ages.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

I believe the biggest problem here is that we don't have enough people who share common interests.
I for one tend to have very specific interests and stuff outside that narrow range can't get any response from me because I literally have nothing useful or interesting to add. I suspect that others are the same with their own interests and unless there is a number of people whose ideas overlap, the discussion dies.

SergioUK
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SergioUK »

It's not dead, it's, it's just resting, ah, probably pining for the fjords.

But seriously, there's another forum for much the same interests and is pretty busy. Unfortunately the two don't distinguish themselves so they end up as a mirror of each other (not helped when some members post exactly the same root post to both), and as people don't want to spend their leisure time reading the same thread twice, one wins and the other loses.

Collarboy_2011
Unfettered Newbie

SergioUK wrote:It's not dead, it's, it's just resting, ah, probably pining for the fjords.

But seriously, there's another forum for much the same interests and is pretty busy. Unfortunately the two don't distinguish themselves so they end up as a mirror of each other (not helped when some members post exactly the same root post to both), and as people don't want to spend their leisure time reading the same thread twice, one wins and the other loses.
Well, so what is it?
Or is it a secret?

Franzia
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Franzia »

I believe it did slow down with the forum software switch sometime back about 2009- 2010. And yes- not being able to contact an administrator or moderator unless you're logged in could be one reason, as there seemed to be an abrupt loss of many of the original members around that time. There are always new members joining though, it's just that most of them are so quiet.

As for that other similar forum, any search can find it. It is somewhat more active but judging from the 'who is online' stats, this one consistently has more online users.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

Collarboy_2011 wrote:
SergioUK wrote:It's not dead, it's, it's just resting, ah, probably pining for the fjords.

Well, so what is it?
Or is it a secret?
Could it be https://forum.boundanna.net/
That's the other one I frequent.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

celand
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by celand »

... just about. Several things contributed to it.

1) Other, more interactive, flood of social media sites
2) Forum moderators to strict with many rules banning left and right discouraging participation.
3) Other similar but "friendlier" forums.

gaby0001
Chair Bound

Unread post by gaby0001 »

Maybe it is not a bad idea to think in changes in rules or finding new ways to improve the participaction of members. Everything (well, not everything) to improve the live of the forum should be welcome.

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

celand wrote: 2) Forum moderators to strict with many rules banning left and right discouraging participation.
Speaking as one of the forum moderators, the only topics that I am strict about are those posted by the Russian bloc spammers.

Some of the topics are not to my tastes, but so long as they don't try to incite flame wars, they are usually approved.

celand
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by celand »

Petrajane wrote:
celand wrote: 2) Forum moderators to strict with many rules banning left and right discouraging participation.
Speaking as one of the forum moderators, the only topics that I am strict about are those posted by the Russian bloc spammers.

Some of the topics are not to my tastes, but so long as they don't try to incite flame wars, they are usually approved.
That is good news :D

lisahs5
Chair Bound

Unread post by lisahs5 »

Hello everyone
Oh I hope it’s not dead here. I haven’t been here for ages other than to just pop by and look around.
It might be quiet because of people being stuck at home and don’t want anyone to know they visit places like this. I was recently in a relationship for a while but sadly my partner she was not interested in kink. I came back to have a look around. There use to be sooo much going on. I loved the updates from richy for captivekink website but I think it’s all gone now?

Hoping to pop by a little more now that I am free again lol, I suppose that could be a pun.

Hope you are all well x

Lisa

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Hi Lisa,

Nice to hear from you again.

PJ

lisahs5
Chair Bound

Unread post by lisahs5 »

Hi PJ x

Thank you it’s lovely to see some people are still here :)

Lisa x

passioncraftstore
Chair Bound

Unread post by passioncraftstore »

To be honest, lately I'm starting to think that this forum is dead :(

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

this forum is NOT dead.it depends on what you are looking for