Ice Cube Release

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.

Ice Cube Release

Unread postby Stahlketten » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:17 am

A few weeks ago, I decided to experiment with the infamous "String frozen in an Ice Cube" release.
The ice "cube" mould was just a vitamin or pill bottle with the top half cut off.
I put two loops of string into the bottle with a loop hanging out each side and filled the bottle with water and froze it.

A few days later, I decided to see what would happen.
I looped a set of handcuff keys onto one loop and hung the other loop from a hook in the ceiling for a flower pot.
I was a bit disappointed that the ice cube began dripping almost as soon as I put a steel pan underneath it.
It took me a little while to gather a set of wrist and ankle cuffs and some chains and padlocks (!) to fasten everything together.
In a few minutes, I was "securely" restrained with wrist and ankle cuffs, steel collar, waist chain and a chain going from collar to the middle of the leg shackles.
I had even set up a computer to do some browsing and reading in case things got boring.

Since this was the first time I had ever tried this idea, the keys on the string and ice cube handing from the ceiling were not the ones to the jewelry I was wearing, so I could still get to the actual keys I needed to get free.
After a half hour, my thoughts were: "Good, this is not a total waste of time to set up."
After an hour: "I wonder how long this ice cube will take?"
After an hour and a half: "Sometime soon would be nice."
After two hours: "Hey, that wasn't a big ice cube. This is taking longer than I thought it would."
After two and a half hours: "These water drops are getting annoying and this is getting pretty long for a solo bondage session."
.....About 10 minutes later, the key dropped with a very loud clatter.

Looks like I need to think of how to make smaller ice cubes and be able to control the time a bit better.
Stahlketten
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Ice Cube Release

Unread postby SBadiction » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:57 am

ALWAYS test things like this before committing yourself to them.
Happily married (but always ready to flirt) wife not into anything kinky so it's self bondage when I can.
SBadiction
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Ice Cube Release

Unread postby SergioUK » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:19 pm

I'm certainly glad I timed some different sized plastic bottles with chains frozen in ice over the bath because the two litre bottle took something like 14 hours to melt. As a failsafe backup to an overnight session with an electric lock that could be useful but it turns out that half, three quarter and even quarter litre bottles are far more sensible as a primary release for most sessions. (I won't list the times as it will depend on your climate, time of year and ambient temperature.)
SergioUK
Chair Bound

Return to Self-Bondage