I, Robot(the movie) - A discussion

Dom/me, sub, swtich or undecided? Bring your kinky ideas in here!
boundBinder
Strict Strappado

I, Robot(the movie) - A discussion

Unread post by boundBinder »

Okay, here is a question for all of you.:

You have a robot, just like the ones in the movie, "I, Robot"(any of the robots, not just the "evil" ones). Assuming you can convince it that you will not be endangered(and thus, not be asking it to violate Aasimov's Three Laws of Robotics), do you use it for what we are pretty much ALL thinking?

Discuss. :) :gag: :twisted: I was thinking about this, the other day.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Re: I, Robot(the movie) - A discussion

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

With the state-of-the-art tech and software available (or would be by that time.) I'm sure there will be a large market for just that type of programming options.
Kinda like a "program your own Mistress, or master. But, within the 3 laws limits.
Hopefully, it would understand the difference between actual "damage" and temporary "discomfort".
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...

nivelx77
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by nivelx77 »

Well, it can be merged with the idea that I was thinking the other day. An AI that can be trained with someone kinks and then use it to program the robot. It can be very interesting :mrgreen:

PS: Probably we need to add a 4 law that will be the safe word/signal

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Unread post by boundBinder »

DarkLizerd wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 00:02 With the state-of-the-art tech and software available (or would be by that time.) I'm sure there will be a large market for just that type of programming options.
Kinda like a "program your own Mistress, or master. But, within the 3 laws limits.
Hopefully, it would understand the difference between actual "damage" and temporary "discomfort".
I feel like that the three laws could be adhered to, if you first had the robot download websites, etc. regarding BDSM and Bondage in particular, and carefully explained the difference between injuring a human, and "injuring a human". On a strict interpretation, binding someone tight enough that feeling is lost is injury, as is whipping/spanking/striking someone hard enough to leave a welt or mark--because the mark itself is literally an injury. The same could be said for "predicament bondage", when someone is restrained in such a way as to cause pain or discomfort. However, assuming one could assure the robot that there is a difference between what you are asking for, and actually injuring a human, there might be a little wiggle room to be had. Plus, if you come at it from the direction of the second part of the first law, and state that if they do not help you, you will do it yourself, and could very well injure yourself, you might reach a compromise. Perhaps you could show the robot the vast array of stories where people practicing self-bondage have injured or even killed themselves.

As a bonus, one could assume that a robot's senses would be superior to a human's, so they could monitor heart rate, breathing, etc., and not only assure safety, they could dynamically adjust behavior according to what provoked the most favorable reactions. We already know that computer algorithms can pretty accurately--almost to the level of creepy(Google and Facebook)--predict human behavior, so with enough time, input, and research, and enough carefully-laid guidelines, the thing could know what you wanted before you did.

vm1971
Chair Bound

Unread post by vm1971 »

Why can't we just have holodecks with the safety protocols disabled?

As for a robot, you'd just have to define an injury as any damage taking longer than 7 days to heal... so no deep cuts, broken bones, burns, dislocations etc. Bruises and rope marks would be ok.

DarkLizerd
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by DarkLizerd »

I have what may be a better idea...
Remember Total Recall?
The virtual tours place?
How about being able to experience anything you want, kinda like a dream. As long as you are in the "dream" it is as real as what we perceive as real. But, when you wake up, you can still remember everything as if it was real.
In this "dream reality" anything can happen, you can be a different sex, any build, or race. You can even be any mythical creature, centaur, mermaid, minotaur...
The "safe" part is that nothing really happens to real body.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...