type of ball gag

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
magnum
Chair Bound

RE: type of ball gag

Unread post by magnum »

Hey guysI was just curious what was your ball gag type preference. I had a plastic breathable ball gag but the leather buckles are in a really bad shaped so I ordered a different one.. Weirdly enough, the plastic one was 1,75in ball and it was good, this one is 1,5in and it's like.. too small. It easily goes into my mouth behind my teeth, and doesn't even keep my mouth too open. It's rubber and there's absolutely no drool and the rubber doesn't resist biting as the plastic does.So I was just curious what was your preference?

Tyerrup
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Tyerrup »

Ball gag-probably a semi-hard 1-3/4" rubber-haven't tried a silicone ballgag yet.  Umm I wouldn't waste my money on a "plastic breathable" ball gag as they are almost always just practice golf balls on a strap.  Not to mention that they tend to crack and if not noticed can cut the mouth.I think for ladies, the sexiest is a penis gag that's short and thick and realistically shaped, has a breathing hole drilled through the center and has an outer cover that covers from the chin to just under the nose.The reason for the breathing hole is I think it tends to cause the sub to suck on the penis gag without thinking about it, until she realizes what she's doing.  Plus, although lots of women enjoy performing oral sex, it is perhaps somewhat humiliating to be gagged with a fake penis, which in the context of BDSM can be a turn-on for her.  Or at least a turn on for her Dom/Domme which is more important anyway.  :)Oh, and hopefully, the breathing hole will also allow the woman's saliva to drain which can be sexy/humiliating as well.

Ashleigh
Chair Bound

Unread post by Ashleigh »

I think if we're talking ballgag only, I grabbed a nice trainer gag from sub-shop.com that was 1 3/4" in size, which was a little large - enough that my jaw was sore after having it in for a few hours...but I still loved it (white ball so lipstick marks show on it if I have lipstick on) I love trainers ;-) The ball was a rubber-like material, and didn't have too much give to it...but it wasn't solid. As for Tyerrup's suggestion, I also have a trainer penis gag I got not too long ago...and I love it. It's a breather gag, and it locks on as well. I loved it for it being a little humiliating, and it was a turn on for having it in my mouth. I did also "pleasure" it, as best I could with it strapped in my mouth. I don't think much saliva ever came through the breather hole, though.

Tyerrup
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Tyerrup »

So Ashleigh-were you bound by someone else to the point of being forced to wear the trainer ball-gag?  Or was this self-bondage?Tyerrup2010-04-28 01:06:22

davidk
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by davidk »

I have a rubber 1.75in ball gag. It's very effective. Down side is eventually the ball gag itself just tastes bad. Oh well. 

Vast
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Vast »

I have some rubber and some plastic and I will never order plastic ones again because I deformed them by simply biting on them. The rubber ones last longer but I keep thinking I can break them if I wanted too.

satingag
Chair Bound

Unread post by satingag »

The ball gags that I have/had are all from BDSM Toybox/Sub-Shop.My first--http://www.bdsmtoybox.com/451twidestrapballgag.aspx--I didn't really like. The ball was too small, and the paint chipped off. From Sub-Shop--http://www.sub-shop.com/439s2ballgag.aspx--THIS is my favorite and http://www.sub-shop.com/4440bd-chin-pan ... .aspx--the ball is too small, and the buckle of the strap has sharp edges that have nearly severed the other strap.

mummified
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by mummified »

id like to find a nice new ball gag for myself. my rubber ball has become too wet over the past months i have had it and needs to be replaced. id prefer to go with a trainer because i dont want to be able to push it out as i can so easily now. something that can be locked on would be a +.

Tyerrup
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Tyerrup »

One homemade gag i have I copied from some website that was selling them for $25.  It's the ball on a stick gag.  I have found a rubber ball at I think petco.  I'ts like 1-3/4" diameter, has a hole in one side already and there is a bell inside.  Anyway, I take a piece of round dowel that fits the hole(maybe 3/4"-1" diameter), drill a second hole on the opposite side, inline with the existing hole.  Then, either dip the dowel in Plasti-Dip(Liquid Latex would be better since it's not full of chemicals) or spray paint it matching or contrasting color.   Then once the dowel is dry, you simply shove it one hole and out the other, leaving about 3" of dowel sticking out each end. I think they call it a "swivel D) or something, but there's a tiny d-ring you can buy that has a thin metal screw plate attached to it.  I use one on each end of the dowel, screwing them into the end of the dowel, centered.  Then, I made up a leather strap(or you can make do with nylon strapping, re-purpose a dog collar, use chain or rope) with a buckle for it.  It cost about $6 or so all together.  I am currently(sort of) trying to duplicate a gag I saw on quality control/conversation piece.  It's a head-harness ball gag where instead of leather straps, it has the chain from those cheap dog choke chain collars.  I used a racquet ball for the gag ball, but it is pretty large so I may have to change that.   My sticking point was in not having the model here to size it properly, or to find a way to make the connections adjustable for different sized people.Eventually I want to buy or make a panel gag with an inside mounted ball-gag.  I think those look really sexy.  Or, better yet, have a panel gag but on the inside have heavy-duty tarp snaps, then have a rubber ball and a penis gag and be able to interchange them.  But also, I have sometimes had to modify a store-bought ball gag because either the ballgag that came attached was too small, or because the ball got cracked and needed to be replaced.  It's pretty easy to do.  You just have to drill out the rivet on one side to free the ball from the strap, but be careful not to cut the strap itself of course.   Then, change the ball and re-align the loose end of the strap and replace the old rivet with one of your own, or just buy some screw posts and use one of those.   Just be sure to use a screw post or rivet that is not too long.   You want it to be tight.   It's better to use a screw post and to do it on both sides of the gag.  Then, if you're talking about a head-harness gag, you can have different balls and perhaps a penis gag mounted to a piece of leather with holes in the end.  Then you can quickly switch out gags.   You could even do this if you play with several different people regularly.  You can keep 1 head harness, and a separate ball for each person.  Also, I know that with a small investment in basic tools, anyone can make a lot of the ballgags, etc. that they charge $25-$100 for.   My biggest problem has always been in finding the right ball!  I swear it's like there's a company out there just churning out rubber and silicone balls just for gags.   I have even looked into buying a large quantity of rubber balls wholesale, but haven't found a decent supplier.  I only find like companies making them black and white for industrial and scientific use.    Because to me, if I were to invest say $200 in rubber balls and leather strips, I could probably make $500-$1000 worth of gags if I bought the same ones retail.I've often thought that a group such as this should all pay a monthly membership, but the $ goes into a fund to set someone up with their own shop to make leather toys.     Then we can buy them at cost.  Which could be as little as like $10 for a $50+ head-harness gag.OR, instead of that, we all pay a monthly membership, then once a year we have a play party financed by the member's dues, and have Pro Dommes and subs there to play with.  :)And each other of course.   And there'd be workshops and modeling sessions where those of us who are amateur photographers can get tips from a pro.  While getting to take pics of a hot girl (or guy).

doom01
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by doom01 »

Dave
Chair Bound

Unread post by Dave »

I`ve got a leather ballgag, and must say that i love it.The plastic one`s i don`t like, they are way to hard for me. My leather one is big, so it does it`s work really good.It`s this one:Dave2010-05-02 01:13:26

SubChrisNH
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by SubChrisNH »

I have a few gags, and i have pretty much avoided all rubber ball gags. the plastic taste from the left over chemical residues are terrible in most of them and also one with the purple dye comes off.The 2 i mainly use are both locking. And i use both about equally.I guess you can say these are both my favoriteshttp://www.stockroom.com/In-and-Out-Penis-Gag- ... 11.aspxand http://www.stockroom.com/Locking-Ball-Gag-P1299.aspx
Some of my home made toys and remotes can be seen at http://www.slavechris.com/

Tyerrup
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Tyerrup »

I wish the second gag you list there was soft enough to conform to the face, as opposed to sitting away from the face.  I think the part that holds the gag as well as the straps need to be strap or bridle leather, but the actual cover needs to be garment leather that's 2-3 layers.  It should be strong, but flexible enough to conform to the face, which allows the strap to be pulled tighter and the gag to be pushed in a little deeper.  

kinkblink
Unfettered Newbie

Re: type of ball gag

Unread post by kinkblink »

yeah I'm Dave on the leather ball gag. I'm into the Berlin by vp leather - fits nicely and doesn't cause any discomfort. I have a couple different ones from them and really love them all https://www.vpleather.com/collections/featured

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

I have two main ballgags I use. Both from a site called Hottbonds, which doesn't look the best (the site that is) but the quality of their stuff is A+ (hell even S tier if you know that ranking system).

http://www.hottbonds.com/SearchResult.a ... egoryID=15

Simple ballgag, I got mine in blue, it's great. Plus they range in size from 1 1/2" to 2.5" which is great for me cause I have a smaller mouth and I've had issues where gags are just to big to be practical for any length of time. And really, where's the fun in a gag if you have to take it out soon?

http://www.hottbonds.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=7

And then a panel ballgag harness. Omg so much love for this one hehe. Especially with the D ring on top.

Pretty sure I have pictures of both of them in use if you're curious to see how they look (besides the models on the page).

JaniceNoyb
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by JaniceNoyb »

My favorite was the Nerf baseball. It had a stiff rubber center, a little smaller than a golf ball, and a softer outer part that was baseball size. I sliced a hole through the center and threaded a narrow leather strap through it. That ball REALLY filled my mouth completely and kept me pretty quiet, but since it was fairly soft it didn’t force my jaws apart too far. It was non-porous so there was drool all over the place after a few hours and it was reasonably comfortable. I think the longest I ever wore it was about 6 or 7 hours.

BlondeSlut
Unfettered Newbie

Re: RE: type of ball gag

Unread post by BlondeSlut »

Tyerrup wrote: 27 Apr 2010, 22:45 .I think for ladies, the sexiest is a penis gag that's short and thick and realistically shaped, has a breathing hole drilled through the center and has an outer cover that covers from the chin to just under the nose.The reason for the breathing hole is I think it tends to cause the sub to suck on the penis gag without thinking about it, until she realizes what she's doing.  Plus, although lots of women enjoy performing oral sex, it is perhaps somewhat humiliating to be gagged with a fake penis, which in the context of BDSM can be a turn-on for her.  Or at least a turn on for her Dom/Domme which is more important anyway.  :)Oh, and hopefully, the breathing hole will also allow the woman's saliva to drain which can be sexy/humiliating as well.
just tried my own penis gag... never realized that I sucked it without thinking about it because of that little hole... sooo humiiliating... just owned it for a few months, but still... blushing...

fetishdj
Chair Bound

Unread post by fetishdj »

I have a collection of gags as I love the feel of them.

My favourite is a leather 'stuffer mouth gag' that completely fills my mouth but is soft and comfortable to wear for long periods (I once got a compliment from a Domme for wearing it for an entire photoshoot of several hours but it is so comfortable it was barely noticeable). It also looks great because it has a leather panel...

I've also got a small, black ball gag I've used a few times, a ring gag, a penis gag and a very large bit gag. Oh and a weird 'female lip' ring gag that doesn't really gag as it is too soft (you can open and close your mouth easily).

Colten
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Colten »

I love big ball gags ! The use of gag is to not be able to talk anymore, but the problem is that little ball gags still allow lips to touch and you can still talk a bit, that's why I prefer, or should I say, I wouldprefer ball gag because sadly I don't have any for now :( :gag:
Not too big, but not too small ball gags don't allow you to speak and I'd love to feel that :D
Last edited by Colten on 11 May 2022, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.
No need to threaten me to tie me up and gag me.

vm1971
Chair Bound

Unread post by vm1971 »

I have basic ballgags in 1.5" and 1.75" sizes. I have a 1.75" with a chin strap. I also have a 1.75" full head harness.

I wouldn't really call any of them my favorite as I don't use them by themselves. For the last long while, after strapping the ballgag in, I'd add a tape gag over top followed by bandage wrap.

My dream gag is mouthpacking, followed by the ballgag, followed by tape then finished with bandage wrap but the mouthpacking seems to always set off my gag reflex after a minute or two.