What do you most often use?

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

What do you most often use?

Unread post by Tesgri »

When doing self bondage is there something you always go for in your toybag/box? A favourite pair of handcuffs, or a specific gag?

Me personally I go for rope, I love the feel of it and believe it or not I can tie my own hands with it too (even behind my back) though that takes a fair bit of effort and time, so normally I go for a pair of purple handcuffs when it comes times for the hands.

rmcingle
Unfettered Newbie

Re: What do you most often use?

Unread post by rmcingle »

Hmmm, I guess I would have to say the leather wrist cuffs, as they are the usual way that I secure my hands.

A butt plug is a common addition. A medium sized one if the bondage is for the entire night, a large one if the duration is a few hours or less.

Next would probably be nipple clamps, if the duration of the bondage will be less than an hour.

Ron

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

I tend to use a set of toys for a while and then switch to something else. Currently I have been using Darby style handcuffs but one set gets worked on just about every other day to adjust them just a little bit. They work very smoothly after a lot of work but as with most toys made in India, they are not really an exact match left to right so I am trying to make them close enough that I can't tell without looking.
I use Darby style handcuffs because they generally leave no marks afterwards.

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

I've always wanted to try Darby style cuffs, just never gotten around to getting a pair. *adds to wishlist*

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Stahlketten »

If you are looking for a good set of Darby style handcuffs and don't want to have to work on them, the "best" chance of getting a working pair at a really good price is the adjustable chrome plated set that is often listed on eBay as "The Impaler".
Those normally sell for about $13 with free shipping and are actually made of steel. I bought three sets over the years. One worked pretty well as it came. One needed to have some adjustments made to the locking mechanism. The last one looks OK, but I haven't had a good look at them yet. Many of the sets made by KUB in Pakistan are actually chrome plated brass but they tend to be a quite a bit more expensive though from what I have seen, they also tend to have fewer problems.
The Chinese recently started making Darby style handcuffs though they call them "Horse Shoe" handcuffs. I have not seen those in person yet, so don't know the quality or lack.
The original Hiatts are the best but they tend to get expensive and finding keys is not so easy. They also come in different sizes and often the seller doesn't note that in the description, so you may end up with something that is too large.
The originals are steel and often rust blued (look brown like old guns from the 1700's and 1800's) and will have "Best" or "warranted wrought" or an arrowhead stamped on them. The arrowhead (called a broad arrow) is a British military marking.
The very late Hiatt are often made of pot metal (zinc) and are usually gray though sometimes they are chrome plated. They usually have raised (not stamped) lettering near the hinge on the side. They also usually use a silvery hinge pin or rivet probably because the zinc alloy isn't strong enough to make a hinge pin. I did some repair work on a set once and had to drill a hole for a small screw. The countersinking for the screw head was a bit deeper than I intended because the alloy was so soft that the drill pulled itself in too quickly.
The rest of the stuff made in India is generally a bit random. I have lost count as to the different ways they can have problems. Some can be fixed. Some can't.

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

Thank you for that information, bit more than expected heh. Gives me a few places to start looking though, for once I have the money to spare. This month it's all called for already.

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Petrajane »

I'm at the stage where I enjoy being sat in a chair with a nice butt plug, a pair of leather cuffs for my ankles, fastened to a chain that goes under the chair and around a neck brace/collar with a pair of steel cuffs about mid-back for my wrists. A belt under my breasts and another at my waist to keep me securely in place.
An MP3 player plugged in to keep me from hearing anything else, a hood, with a hole for a gag, then another hood on top to keep everything from moving, and to blindfold me. Straps around my legs to keep them together, and just enough slack to allow me to feel the nylons rub against each leg, then a magic wand on a smart plug programmed for one or two minutes on/off during the session.
As to when the session starts or the wand starts/stops, that is set just before I start to fasten myself to the chair so I know exactly how long I have to wait until I get excited.

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

Well that just sounds like a whole heap of fun. I've not done sensory deprivation in ages I really should load some good music to my phone and try again. I don't own any full hoods though so I'll have to improvise hehe.

rmcingle
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by rmcingle »

Petrajane: is that a self bondage scene you described? I am wondering what your release mechanism is.

Sounds delicious though!

R.Mc.

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

rmcingle wrote:Petrajane: is that a self bondage scene you described? I am wondering what your release mechanism is.

Sounds delicious though!

R.Mc.
Yes it is, as for release, once the wand has run it's multiple on/off's I can think and wriggle one wrist free, and then it's easy to free myself. BUT, until then, I am in the mental state that I am not able to free myself as my "captor" would not allow me to escape.

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Tesgri wrote:Well that just sounds like a whole heap of fun. I've not done sensory deprivation in ages I really should load some good music to my phone and try again. I don't own any full hoods though so I'll have to improvise hehe.
The hoods are lycra with eye and mouth holes, to take the gag, and I either use a nice blindfold under the hood, or add a second hood, back to front, and double folded over the eyes so as to make it pretty difficult to see anything through.

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

Petrajane wrote:The hoods are lycra with eye and mouth holes, to take the gag, and I either use a nice blindfold under the hood, or add a second hood, back to front, and double folded over the eyes so as to make it pretty difficult to see anything through.
Ah I have a hood like that, gwen hood I got from winter fetish, funnily enough thanks to a writing contest on gromet's plaza. Somehow I've just never gotten a blindfold, I just use scarves.

This discussion is making me want to do some self bondage, not done it much at all since I got married but there is still an appeal to it.

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

My usual go to for short sessions is an old pair of police style double lock handcuffs (made in spain) that I bought when I joined the RAF (over 50 years ago) and a ballgag (style varies). :)
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?

vm1971
Chair Bound

Unread post by vm1971 »

Tesgri wrote:believe it or not I can tie my own hands with it too (even behind my back) though that takes a fair bit of effort and time, so normally I go for a pair of purple handcuffs when it comes times for the hands.
I use wrist coil + triple-looped cinch noose to tie my hands behind my back. By itself, it's pretty quick but because I have multiple chest ropes, waist ropes and wear 3 pairs of thick knee highs like arm mittens to make it hard to use my fingers, there's a lot of extra wiggling to get my hands tied properly.

If I'm lazy, I'll use leather wrist cuffs.

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Tesgri wrote:Well that just sounds like a whole heap of fun. I've not done sensory deprivation in ages I really should load some good music to my phone and try again. I don't own any full hoods though so I'll have to improvise hehe.
Here we go, it's a bit too warm here at the moment to spend too much time with so many clothes on, but it was cool enough this morning to have a quick photo session.

pjb2020.jpg

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

Petrajane wrote: Here we go, it's a bit too warm here at the moment to spend too much time with so many clothes on, but it was cool enough this morning to have a quick photo session.

Damn that looks fun, really need to get myself a hitachi (or variant).

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Tesgri wrote: Damn that looks fun, really need to get myself a hitachi (or variant).
Oh it is, especially when the wand kicks in and I have to lift my legs to find just the right spot, which makes the chain at my ankles pull my head back from the other end of the chain around my neck brace.

And I can recommend a smart plug that allows you to set loads of on/off settings (using your smartphone).

gaby0001
Chair Bound

Unread post by gaby0001 »

When I think in selfbondage, what is never missing in my toybag is my lingerie. I cannot imagine myself in bondage without sexy lingerie and stockings. After that I always use ropes. Sensation of ropes over my skin is unique.

jackles
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by jackles »

I don't think there's a constant, really, since my collection is quite large by now and I don't want any cuffs or shackles feeling left out :oops:

I think my 'default' restraints are a full set (collar, ankle restraints, shackles) of restraints from huse.com. They're fairly wide, comfortable and looks amazing (smooth, stainless steel). I've worn them for days in a row during quarantine.

It's the same restraints as used in this picture:

I've written a novel partly based on my experiences with bondage and selfbondage. You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086H3VC6Q

Jimdini
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jimdini »

8-) That looks like a fantastic set of restraints, do you wear them every day (work commitments permitting) during the lockdown :?:

The perv in me imagines you walking around in just your chains and a flimsy 'Harem/genie' outfit. ;)

Do you sleep in your manacles :?:
Never confuse your ambition with your abilitues, if you can't free yourself who will?