Movies that increase your fears of self-bondage

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
gaby0001
Chair Bound

Movies that increase your fears of self-bondage

Unread post by gaby0001 »

I found a couple of movies (in fact there were three) that do not help much to the task of finding more followers for bondage. One of them (Gerald's Game) almost takes away my desire to keep playing bondage or self-bondage.

Has anything similar happened to you with any particular movie?

jackles
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Movies that increase your fears of self-bondage

Unread post by jackles »

Yeah, Geralds Game had me thinking for weeks as well! Great movie, though!

I'm a planner by nature, so I've never really run into trouble after 10 years of self-bondage. Most of my self-bondage is just walking around the apartment shackled, which isn't risky, but when I do restrictive ties, I spend a lot more time planning them than actually being in them.
I've written a novel partly based on my experiences with bondage and selfbondage. You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086H3VC6Q

Tesgri
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Tesgri »

I've not seen that movie but now I'm torn if I should or not.

Never been stuck when I do self bondage, some pretty tricky (and slightly painful) escapes but never totally stuck. I always test keys in any locks I'm using and make sure I have them laid out in reach.

Paranoia is a powerful thing.

gaby0001
Chair Bound

Tesgri wrote:I've not seen that movie but now I'm torn if I should or not.
...this is how I was that time: I see it or I don't see it...in the end I did see her and that night I didn't sleep a wink :D

But the good news is that a couple of weeks later and I was enjoying bondage again :gag: :lol:

gaby0001
Chair Bound

...and what about the second video? Does anyone know movies about being in bondage because they were blackmailed or tricked?

LockedInALocker
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by LockedInALocker »

I'm wondering what the other two movies are. I've read the book "Gerald's Game", but not seen the movie.

The following is a book, not a movie; but Mendal W. Johnson's "Let's Go Play at the Adams'" would have to be the ultimate fictional work for making bondage seem utterly terrifying. (Not self-bondage, though - just non-consensual, long-term bondage in various ways.) It also goes into the physical and mental details of what it's like to be in bondage more than does the book "Gerald's Game" (I haven't seen the film of that, so can't comment on that). I have never come across a written description of bondage that so vividly makes you feel how agonizing it can be.
     It hasn't been made into a film, and probably won't ever; my understanding is that someone planned to maybe 10 or 15 years ago, but ran into problems getting the rights to do it from the now-deceased author's family.
     The book was rare for quite a few years and so could command very high prices on the used-book market, but it has been recently re-published by "Paperbacks from Hell", a new line of paperbacks that seek to reprint horror novels considered rare and classic. It is claimed by some that one reason the Johnson book became so rare is that many readers were so repelled by the book that they destroyed their copy.
     Has anyone read it? Do they know of any other good books with a strong bondage theme?

boundBinder
Strict Strappado

Unread post by boundBinder »

LockedInALocker wrote:Has anyone read it? Do they know of any other good books with a strong bondage theme?
Does it count if I wrote it? ;)

gaby0001
Chair Bound

boundBinder wrote:
LockedInALocker wrote:Has anyone read it? Do they know of any other good books with a strong bondage theme?
Does it count if I wrote it? ;)
I don't think so but indeed I think it's really cool :D

BoyToyBooty
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by BoyToyBooty »

No movie I have seen but I did read the plot of Gerald's Game. Not too similar, but I was in the woods. There is a pretty big park where I live that is officially closed at night, but there are no fences or gates keeping people out. I decided I needed a thrill, thought about it for a few weeks and finally decided to do it. I went out at 12am, and just off one of the nature trails, I got naked, ran a crotch rope between my legs, and pulled it tight over the branch above my head, tied it pretty tight, before i cuffed my hands together over over that same branch. I had the key to the cuffs taped to the palm of my right hand, but it was hot and humid and while I was struggling the key fell into the leaves at my feet. It was too dark and I could not see it. There I am, my arms stretched over my head, completely naked, with a rope pulled as I quickly began to realize, too tight between my balls. I could not escape easily.

Well, I escaped after several hours when I realized that the branch I was tied and cuffed to was breakable. I just had to keep pulling myself up a few inches and dropping to let my weight pull on the branch over and over again. It took hours and a lot of breaks because that rope hurt like hell but it finally broke. It was not a very wide branch, probably an inch in and a half in diameter. I found the key, freed myself, dressed and got out of there with he sun coming up passing several people on who were already on the trail going in my direction. Will never do that again.