Nipple Clamps

Sometimes you just have to do things yourself.
BamaBound2345
Unfettered Newbie

Nipple Clamps

Unread post by BamaBound2345 »

What is everyone's opinion on how long nipple clamps should stay on? I have always heard 15 minutes was the limit.

JaniceNoyb
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Nipple Clamps

Unread post by JaniceNoyb »

My wife had them on for almost an hour when we were playing yesterday, but they weren't real tight.

BamaBound2345
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by BamaBound2345 »

Mine are always tight, usually connected together with tight chains, bungee cords and weights.

Nonconformer
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Nonconformer »

I have done almost an hour with clover clamps. I always put them just behind the nipple, not actually on the nipple as they wont stay on.

They were starting to get fairly sore after about 40 mins so im reluctant to go over that now.

Although, i prefer it now when they are put on for a short period, after my nipples are already sore from a longer (30 mins ish) stint earlier.

fetishdj
Chair Bound

Unread post by fetishdj »

The medical issue is that you risk ischaemic reperfusion injury if you cut off the supply of blood to an area completely for more than 15 minutes and then reintroduce the supply suddenly. First aiders get the same advice for people trapped - if they have been trapped for longer than 15 minutes you do not remove what is holding them down until a medical professional is there to look at them.

Ischaemia reperfusion is less dangerous in small scale (i.e nipples) but does risk permanent damage to the tissues. This can include being unable to breastfeed if female.

Note this is for complete occlusion of the supply. If the clamps are not tight and there is still a supply of blood it might be ok for longer.

A good dominant keeps an eye on the area and checks for the signs of them being on too long. Radical colour change and so on.

Note, the 15 minute rule doesn't mean you take them off... it can just mean you loosen them for a bit or even take them off and turn them to a different angle so a different part of the nipple is affected :)

JaniceNoyb
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by JaniceNoyb »

Is this why it hurts so much when tight nipple clamps are released suddenly?

fetishdj
Chair Bound

Unread post by fetishdj »

The sudden rush of blood to the area that has been deprived? Possibly. There may be other causes too.

dsteve
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by dsteve »

I enjoy the painful rush when they are released. But, it takes more than half an hour in clamps to get that rush. I have had them on, quite tight, for up to an hour and my nipples have recovered. Haven't fallen off yet.
dSteve