alternative encasement materials?

All wrapped up and noplace to go, just the way you like it!
sd
Unfettered Newbie

RE: alternative encasement materials?

Unread post by sd »

It's been awhile since visiting but it's good to see people posting similar interests.  There have been lots of posts expressing interest in plaster and foam encasement. Both have their draw-backs but what about using medical grade alginate? It's quick setting and does not have the heating problem of plaster, nor the heat/flammability dangers of foam. At least in my limited self-experiments, the worst issues with alginate were cost and a rather cold and wet setting experience. I think it has potential so long as chest constriction and cold issues can be addressed. Has anyone else any information or experience with it?  I think if the above issues can be dealt with and alginate has no other dangers than it might be possible to mostly encase someone in a large vat. I hope this topic will inspire creative minds into coming up with something we all can safely enjoy.  SD P.S. - while this topic is starting of with alginate, please feel free to bring up other possible materials.

paul_7005
Unfettered Newbie

Re: alternative encasement materials?

Unread post by paul_7005 »

Yes alginate works. I have cast my head in a full bucket of alginate a couple of times (line the bucket with a polythene bag for easy release ... or not :evil: ). Used a short breathing tube. Great sensation to dunk into gunge then feel it solidify around your head. Its time/temperature properties make it difficult to mix large quantities but there are always ways. Photo if i work out how.....

Enduro
Chair Bound

Unread post by Enduro »

Sounds interesting, but i think i'd prefer the sensation of being wrapped in something. Would really love to be cast in plaster or fiberglass.

bman
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by bman »

Alginate does seem promising. How effective is it for actual bondage? It seems to be quite soft and flexible.

paul_7005
Unfettered Newbie

When i've used it, the alginate breaks quite easily. With the head dunking i described, if i don't line the bucket first then it would stick and i'd have to break out.
The topic is about encasement so yes if in a box full of alginate you would not be able to move.

RAE
Strict Strappado

Unread post by RAE »

Many years ago; the Gangsters would put the victims feet into a bucket of cement.
When hard, they would throw the victim into the lake, in a sense drowning them.
A take off of that would be just cast each foot into a separate bucket of cement.
Now you have some real big shoes to hobble around in.
Rader

steellover
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by steellover »

I really hate to bust what is a favorite fantasy of mine and others but, according to the Portland Cement Association's website, wet concrete is highly alkaline and will chemically burn flesh if in prolonged contact with it. The burns can be as severe as third degree (burned through the full thickness of the skin). Brief contact with wet concrete doesn't seem to cause a problem but sticking bare feet in a bucket of concrete and letting it cure seems best left as a fantasy.

Here's a link to another article I found that tries to explain why concrete attacks the skin and why it sometimes seems not to attack the skin. http://www.concreteconstruction.net/con ... crete.aspx

RAE
Strict Strappado

Unread post by RAE »

One must use some common sence in Bondage.
You wrap your feet in plastic, very well, and maybe a sock or two,
Then into the cement. That way your skin never contacts the cement
directly. :idea:
Rae

steellover
Tightly Hogtied

Reminds me of an episode of "Holmes on Homes" I watched a while back where his daughter thought she could cover her workboots with plastic bags and avoid having to have waterproof boots just for pouring concrete. You guessed it, the concrete found its way through the plastic bag and ruined her workboots. I mentioned the episode to a friend who finished concrete for 25 years and he wasn't surprised. He said if there's any way for the concrete to get through, it will. He used waterproof muck boots and made sure to rinse them off when the concrete was spread around. Even at that, the boots still needed periodic replacement. I'm just not convinced that plastic wrap would be adequate to protect the feet; I think something more durable and leakproof might be in order, I'm just not sure what. It sems that anything durable enough to actually protect the skin is going to be too expensive to sacrifice by embedding it in concrete and having to destroy it in order to get out of the concrete,

paul_7005
Unfettered Newbie

exactly so - which is why we are discussing alternative material - what would you use instead of cement ?

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

during curing concrete heats up to some very high temps.enough to get 2nd and 3rd degree burns.
covering your feet with plastic will just hurt more because the plastic will melt

steellover
Tightly Hogtied

paul_7005 wrote:exactly so - which is why we are discussing alternative material - what would you use instead of cement ?
Plaster of Paris is one option but it needs to be medical grade plaster as the houshold wall repair type generates too much heat while hardening. Even with medical grade plaster it would be a good idea to apply multiple layers of the material so as to keep the temperature tolerable. Removing the material would be much easier as well.

stephanie_cd
Forever Mummified

Unread post by stephanie_cd »

Concrete and plaster of paris BOTH can cause heat-related burns as they cure.

In 2007, a 16 year old girl lost eight of her fingers in an art project mishap -- caution: pictures aren't for the squeamish.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ar ... ght-424409

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/educa ... 01591.html

...or Google "plaster of paris burn" for more links.

In small amounts and thin layers, there is less heat, which is how doctors could use plaster and gauze for casts for YEARS, but in larger amounts and thicker layers, there is more heat AND it's harder to remove in a hurry.

Play safe and research first!

AliceInBondageLand
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by AliceInBondageLand »

I would love to try alginate for mummifications. Anyone in or around San Francisco feel like getting super messy???