Fiberglass full body cast

All wrapped up and noplace to go, just the way you like it!
strangehobbies
Tightly Hogtied

RE: Fiberglass full body cast

Unread post by strangehobbies »

Here are some pictures of a full body cast I had about a year ago.It's made out of medical fiberglass casting tape. I was in it for just under 3 days.Many thanks to my friend Filador for this awesome cast.Enjoy!

Trekkie
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Trekkie »

I find myself thinking that an evil person would have put the cutting tool in your hand.

And I think that, if it were me, I'd be seriously grateful to the person/people who took care of me for three days. That's one heck of a favor somebody did.

(I also have this full-cast fantasy where, as I'm being cast, the evil person applies electrostim electrodes to me, inside the cast, so that I can be torment . . . , I mean, exercised, without removing the cast. (And without any warning to me.))
Trekkie2009-07-27 17:02:01

Piper
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Piper »

Holy crap.  That's some serious dedication.  I assume that's a catheter peeking out in a couple of the pics?Have any itches?

filador50
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by filador50 »

Strangehobbies and I give and get in equal measure.  Once his turn was up, he reciprocated by putting me in a similar fbc for a comparable amount of time.

OneStrangeGuy
Strict Strappado

Unread post by OneStrangeGuy »

Awsome pic's.a while ago there was a discussion about materials for just this sort of thing. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to where you got the materials and what it took to apply them. They look almost professionaly applied, is your friend in the medical profession?

Piper
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Piper »

You could have had some fun putting odd things into the person's hands and taking pictures of it.  A sandwich would have been perfect.So did you do anything during that time?  Chat?  Listen to books on tape?  Just lay there?  I've never been motionless for three days.  I'm intrigued.

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by MsBehavin »

Amazing photos - have you ever written an account of your experience - I'd love to read what went through your head over so long a time in such a severe confinement. Trish

Darkraptor1
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by Darkraptor1 »

Oh wow, that's amazing!  I've never seen anything like this before!   I'm with MsBehavin, have you written what's it's like to be bound like this for so long?

Trekkie
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Trekkie »

[quote="Piper"] You could have had some fun putting odd things into the person's hands and taking pictures of it.  A sandwich would have been perfect.

[/quote]

There's a picture I've got from, I think, Shackled Maidens. The girl is in a metal bondage chair which has built-in metal cuffs for her neck and wrists. After securing her in the chair, the photographer gave her a can (of beer? soft drink? I don't remember).

She could see it, and it's in her hand, but there's no way she can possibly bring the can to her lips, or vice versa.

gump2
Chair Bound

Unread post by gump2 »

breathtaking pics - i would love to be inside... :-) how did you manage the temperature, wasn´t hot inside???

Abbacor
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by Abbacor »

[quote="OneStrangeGuy"]Awsome pic's. a while ago there was a discussion about materials for just this sort of thing. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to where you got the materials and what it took to apply them. They look almost professionaly applied, is your friend in the medical profession?[/quote]  Materials can be found quite a few places on the internet. Do a Google search and you'll be surprised. As for being in the medical profession I know Filador is not, and I'm pretty certain that Strangehobbies is not either. Filador is a really great guy, and if he's any measure then Strangehobbies is probably right up there with him. They are just both well experienced with using the materials in question, be it fiberglass or plaster. [quote="gump2"]breathtaking pics - i would love to be inside... :-)  how did you manage the temperature, wasn´t hot inside???[/quote] Fiberglass casting tape is quite porous and breathes easily. Temperature management is by the temperature of the room you're in. Now lying in the sun, or going outside on a hot day can get rather uncomfortable after a short while, and it takes longer to cool down once hot since there are usually a couple of layers (minimum) of padding under the hard outer shell.

heavyplaster
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by heavyplaster »

Good to see you guys around - Looks like it was a fun few days ;-)

Jerry
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Jerry »

StrangeHobbies,Can you describe the care you use for each other?  How often do you roll or otherwise shift the person?   How about preparations? 
OMG Made it to the new Forum

tiemeupalso
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by tiemeupalso »

which one of you has the cast saw to get you out?

Master Stephen
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by Master Stephen »

Good god - after three days, you must have been out of your mind! 

filador50
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by filador50 »

Here are some answers to the various questions: Catheter:  I almost always use a texas catheter and a collection bag.  Catheters can be found on ebay or at a medical supply house, and they are sold in bulk. Itches:  Never, ever had this come up as an issue. Source for material:  You can find plaster and fiber bandages on ebay.  I use Grogans Medical Supply.  They are caster-friendly and ship timely and accurately (usually). Temperature issues: Getting too cold is an issue with plaster the first 24 hours or so as it dries.  After that, overheating is probable if you're squirming around.  If you stay very still, the temp is quite comfy. Type of positioning:  It helps a lot to be able to move the castee from horizontal to vertical a few times per day.  This helps alleviate miscle spasms and minimizes medical risks associated with long-term immobility.  I have a frame that makes it possible to move the weight with relative ease and in some degree of safety from falling.

compgeek83
Unfettered Newbie

Unread post by compgeek83 »

wow, one could only hope....e-stim would be a mustjust imagine being in there in a hogtie position

mummified
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by mummified »

or mummified like that.  OMG what a thought!

gump2
Chair Bound

Unread post by gump2 »

strangehobbies
Tightly Hogtied

Unread post by strangehobbies »

Very nice !