Maledom erotica worldbuilding concepts

Like a story? Need help writing your own? Post your thoughts and ideas here.
AresDesaad
Unfettered Newbie

Maledom erotica worldbuilding concepts

Unread post by AresDesaad »

I'm trying to write a sci-fi setting in which I can write many different stories. One entire planet has a strictly male-dominated culture that invades and conquers a planet with a strictly female-dominated culture. The maledom world is technologically advanced while the femdom world is essentially medieval.

There will be a sort of mystery sub-plot involving a maledom archaeologist researching similarities between both world's creation myths and a biologist that realizes they really are the same species. In the end, they find out that they are from the same planet and aliens separated them eons ago and engineered their cultures as an experiment to see which would develop faster and ultimately dominate the other. The obvious joke is the biggest reason why I'm nervous about this story being read by people who aren't already into maledom stories. Just imagine if the wrong determined feminist were to read a novel-length story with that kind of twist ending. I'd have to move and change my name. Do ya'll think it's better to just leave that part out?

I'm still working on fleshing out both worlds/cultures. Whenever we see hyper-masculinized cultures in sci-fi or fantasy, they are usually savage and barbaric (if you know of any exceptions to this that don't suck, please let me know). I'm trying to write mine so it's more civilized, like a patriarchal Federation from Star Trek. Duels are legal and quite common, a term of state service is compulsory for men, and there's very little distinction between the military and civilian government. Although war, as we understand it, is a thing of the past (at least until they discover a planet of male slaves that need to be rescued) the patriarchal government reserves vast swaths of land for the use of staging wars as a sport where men that want to can knowingly risk their lives for fame, glory, and honor with no negative impact on the non-fighting population. The death rate amongst males is still much higher than for females but men that die in duels or staged wargames know what they are getting themselves into. All adult men will name a close male friend or relative that will inherit and protect his woman/women should he die.

Automation and technology have ended the need for most men to work but after a period of instability and crime, the Patriarchal Council came to the conclusion that men need something meaningful to occupy their time. An AI-assisted system was put in place that equally divided what little necessary work there was between all men as well as establishing a large-scale education program that strongly recommends and incentivizes men to spend their excess idle time learning new skills that make the society stronger as a whole. The concept of "everyman a king" is central to this culture but they are all taught that that includes the duties and responsibilities of a king, in addition to the power and freedom.

The women of this society are generally happy and accept their roles, completely confident in their own safety and security, with almost any luxury they could want available to them, hardly any stress to speak of, and their only real responsibility is to serve and obey the men and raise children. I'm considering adding additional free use elements, like maybe it's the man's choice whether his women are publicly available or not, having them wear some universally recognized signifier like a black collar or something like that so other men know she's available to be taken for sex but still already owned. There's a handful of more possessive men that keep their women for themselves, perhaps signified by a white collar, but the norm is to either mark their women for free use or at least share them with friends, thus all men enjoy a great deal of sexual variety while also having their own harem to take care of and grow closer to. The men are generally loving and gentle with their women. That's one of the things that should make the stories fun is that these men have only known obedient and pliant submissives, but upon discovering the horror of a society that enslaves and mistreats its men for the vanity and greed of its women, they are justified (not objectively, obviously, but by their own internal culture and standards) in enslaving, punishing and subjugating all of the evil, barbaric tyrants. I'd love to hear anyone else's criticisms and thoughts on a futuristic, hypermasculine yet civilized, maledom society. I'm trying to write it as realistically as possible without sacrificing any of the fun stuff.

I haven't fleshed out the femdom world as much other than that it's generally more sadistic and savage towards the male sub-class. Strong religious institutions bolster the Matriarchy and prevent most males from even thinking about rebellion (obey your mistress or you're going to hell). There'd likely be an unhealthy focus on aesthetics over substance, form over function. They'd have more beautiful clothes, art, gardens, and architecture than you'd expect but at the cost of less time and resources going into more important things. If anyone has any thoughts on what an entire planet that's always been female-dominated, propped up by religious beliefs, would be like, I'd love to hear them.

I figure I'll pick two of the name generators, one for both planets, at https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/ for the names but I want to pick name generators that fit both societies. The LOTR elvish name generator, or a bunch of others, would work fine for the femdom world, as it just needs to sound more feminine and medieval but I can't think of any that fit the maledom world. Does anyone know of a fictional language that sounds distinctly masculine but civilized as opposed to barbaric? Also, I'm trying to come up with alternate words for Patriarchy and Matriarchy to name the respective nations and also the series title. I'd like to name the series something along the lines of
"The Annexation of The (feminine sounding planet name) (alternate word for matriarchy) by the (masculine sounding planet name) (alternate word for patriarchy): A Free Use Conquest".
Hopefully, it won't suck as much when I have actual words in place of the parenthesis. I just think the terms "Patriarchy/Matriarchy" are entirely too cliche at this point. Maybe I can use the prefix for "brother" instead of "father" but "Fratriarchy" sounds pretty cringey. Is this concept too controversial for Amazon? Please share any thoughts you have and tell me what else you would like to see in a story/universe like this. Thank you.

jessbaby
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Maledom erotica worldbuilding concepts

Unread post by jessbaby »

Well you have ended up ticking a few boxes of interest, but I'd caution about worldbuilding. Also just as a disclaimer it should be said I can be obsessive about worldbuilding so if you are less serious about it feel free to ignore me.

Because from what you're describing, the occupation is going to fall apart. Governments do not rule because they can conquer, they rule because the citizenry consent to form their lives in the structures that the government sets up. Yes the Patriak Empire (for lack of patriarchal name given to the male dominated) are technologically superior. If they are willing to inflict atrocities on a massive scale they might be able to use that to rule, but they would be forever putting out rebellions. Rule at the point of a gun is the least stable, least successful kind of rule there is. Not to mention their capital is in another star system, lightyears away, making it that much harder for the core of their power to exert force in another system.

To draw from an earth example, as ISIS was expanding the area giving the greatest resistance was the (by the region's standard) more gender equal Kurdish peoples. The Peshmerga or Women's Army was particularly feared because they knew that failure meant enslavement and so even though they were more poorly equipped than the male battalions they fought harder and almost never backed down. When surrender means the loss of your way of life, people will fight to the death to defend it even with terrible odds. And if they can not win in the open field, they will find guerilla forms of resistance that will be a perpetual thorn in the side of any would-be occupiers.

So if a male dominated society were to try to occupy a female dominated society, the biggest question should be how. This is not a place where technology can be a magic wand. The people have to choose it, and if the males on the Matriak planet also agree with a female dominated system, how is their culture changed?

Again looking back to earth, patriarchal systems are not perpetuated by men alone. Women who are raised in patriarchal societies often serve to reinforce a patriarchal system even if some may challenge it (which is obviously true of the men as well). It is also true that those that benefit from other systems of inequality are more likely to support all systems of inequality. White woman support the patriarchy more frequently because they benefit from racial hierarchy. Rich women support the patriarchy more frequently because they benefit from wealth hierarchy. And a threat to one hierarchy is a threat to them all, so you will have a lot of wealthy men of the dominant culture defending the matriarchal culture that had existed before the invasion.

And as hard as culture is to change, there is an even harder part which is religion. If the matriarchal system was at a post-classical level of development, gender roles were no doubt baked into their religion. Their holiest people are women, the leadership of their religion would be women, and justifying a cultural practice with divine explination makes people that much more intractable and unwilling to accept a new way of doing things. In fact, if earth history is anything to go on, trying to force modernity and a change of social roles too quickly will create a backlash movement more traditionalist than they were before.

Iran is a good example of that. In the 60s and 70s, the government attempted a lot of reforms and society became more westernized. But those changes were centered around urban clusters like Tehran and the outer cities were not only not changing as fast they were developing an anti-western movement. That anti-western movement eventually overthrew the government and created a theocratic state that would enforce their view of traditional morality to a greater extent than was actually enforced prior to the modernizations.

In western history, WWI scrambled a lot of the gender norms and traditions, both because so many women entered the workforce but also because of the disruptions to everyday life that time created. When peace came, many conservatives hoped that it meant Europe could go back to before 1914, where women didn't work, everything was much more localized and aristocrats couldn't be bossed around by democracy of the common people. When that didn't happen, and when Russia went through the changes it went through, it made European conservatives increasingly desperate and extreme in their defense of what they viewed as traditional. It's why fascist parties began cropping up in nearly every nation and coming to power in several. The jolt of social change of WWI created a backlash so powerful it inadvertently created the conditions for WWII. That is the power of backlashes to change.

Or to bring it home to the US, when the first black president was elected, it created a backlash so large that white nationalist groups saw a 400% membership increase and the opposition party did not accept him as a legitimate president. To this day a majority of Republicans still believe Obama was not really American, because for so long American meant white. Then, when they had 17 candidates to choose from, the party nominated the one most known for publicly saying Obama was not American and had as their second place to the only other person in that group who had flirted with birtherism. Today they continue to majority not recognize the other side as legitimate because the racial backlash is so strong they would sooner abandon democracy itself than expand their electoral coalition to give equality to nonwhites.

So if you want to build a universe where a male dominated society occupies and rules a matriarchal society, you need to think how exactly that happens. How do the invaders overcome the religiously engrained matriarchalism? How do they get the wealthy and powerful of that planet to buy in? How do they deal with backlashes? Why does the people of one planet recognize the rule of a different planet to begin with?

Like I said, I think deeply about worldbuilding, and if you don't want to then feel free to just say "um.. because they got scared of the space guns" or something.

However, if I may suggest an alternative, the Patriak Empire doesn't attempt to conquer and occupy the Matriarkens. Instead, they observe from orbit, where they will never be seen, and they start acting as gods. Great face in the sky, 600 foot holograms appearing by a city, perhaps even a profit of the gods who uses the technology indistinguishable from magic as proof of their divinity. Then, create a patriarchal church, and supply them with the tools, resources, and "miricles" from orbit needed for that church to conquer the world. An event like that would face backlash, but it would at least neutralize the religious opposition by having living and breathing emissaries of God who "prove" their godliness often.

Not to mention, from a kink perspective, a planet that thinks you're literal gods seems like they would have greater master/slave dynamics baked in than an occupying army would.

You could even have some interesting plots later on when the first of the Matriarkens realize it's all a man behind a curtain and not actual gods.

If anything I've said about worldbuilding has been interesting I'd suggest a few youtubers who touch on the subject a lot. Probably the most entertaining is hellofutureme (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFQMO- ... Rt8hIVsRjA) but Artifexian (https://www.youtube.com/c/Artifexian) is maybe the most complete down to creating language and number systems. Supi (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS7jjl ... siztbhO5rA) only has a few videos but touch on important things most others gloss over. And The Templin Institute (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpqCsO ... Vxm7J9MslA) is a channel focused mostly on pre-existing sci-fi but if you're in a sci-fi era it might bring up important points and do a good job explaining some of the strengths and weaknesses of other works of sci-fi worldbuilding.

Anyway, feel free to respond if you feel like nerding out because I'm always down to talk about scifi spec universes

nimblenquick
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Maledom erotica worldbuilding concepts

Unread post by nimblenquick »

Perhaps the religion on the Matriak planet, already established as the primary means of control over the slaves there, has the primary tenet that it would be fundamentally impossible for men to overthrow women.

Then when it happens due to external Partiak intervention, there is justification for the male slaves to rise up rather than defend their former way of life.