Buying Heels

Because boys will be girls will be boys.
Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Buying Heels

Unread post by Stahlketten »

I have been noticing that more and more advertising shows "plus sizes" available.
I am lucky enough that I wear almost exactly the same size as my wife so it is not very difficult if I were looking for heels.
Do others here have trouble finding heels in the normally available women's sizes?

JaniceNoyb
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Buying Heels

Unread post by JaniceNoyb »

There are enough places that carry shoes above size 10 now that it's pretty easy to find good, fashionable women's shoes. We often have to pay a bit more, but usually only another 10-15% or so.

cgwm
Chair Bound

Unread post by cgwm »

Well, i would say it depends on several things:
  • where are you located? At least in germany there are quite a few stores now, that offer high heels at least to a german size 44/45.
  • what types of shoes are you looking for? Is it more the "normal" everyday wear that you a looking for, or more of the erotic style?
  • do you prefer easy buying and returns in case something goes wrong? I know several people that order from amazon from asian sellers which seems pretty bad when you have some complaints, as well as the quality that "might" be not that good
As JaniceNoyb already wrote at least for moderate plus sized feet the offers get more and more luckily
You can also find me on Facebook or on Visibleshape

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

This was just from something I had noticed in recent advertising.
I can wear a women's size 9, so availability and selection are pretty good.
I was just wondering how many people here need "Plus Sizes".

JaniceNoyb
Tightly Hogtied

I'm a 42 or 43 in EU sizes, 10 1/2 or 11 in US women's sizes. Here is one of my favorite shoe stores. Very classy, well made shoes https://classicpumps.com/

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

10 1/2 doesn't appear to be that difficult to find with the more common brands. I have been seeing a lot of advertising by Fashion Nova and their sizes go quite a bit larger than that. The site you posted seems to be very conservative in styling.
Torrid is a brand that tends to run in the large and wide sizes as well.

JaniceNoyb
Tightly Hogtied

Yes, Classic Pumps are old fashioned & conservative, like me :D . I like them because those are the kinds of shoes women wore when I was first discovering girls in the '60s; the traditional spike heel with a pointed toe. Fashion Nova has some really cool stuff, and there's a Torrid store right here in town (I probably won't go because I'm chicken). Thanks for those links.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

If you know your size, Torrid stuff shows up all the time on eBay but usually in much larger sizes than I can use. Fashion Nova has a lot of sales but I have never actually seen their products in person. Visit the Torrid store with your lady friend and see what they have.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Asos seems to have a good size selection and good ratings.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I tried to wear a pair of heels while cooking today. I lasted about a half hour before I got so unsteady I was afraid of dropping something. It is a lot different than just walking around. These were real 5 inch heels. The soles look tiny.

JaniceNoyb
Tightly Hogtied

Five inch heels take a LOT of practice! You might try something lower for cooking and other housework. I have a nice pair of wing-tip oxfords with a 3" block heel that are quite comfortable for all day wear. They aren't as sexy looking as stilettoes with 4" or 5" spikes, but they look OK with my maid's dresses.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I have worked in the kitchen with 4 inch heels before. Some are more comfortable than others and it is not necessarily the height.

fetishdj
Chair Bound

Unread post by fetishdj »

JaniceNoyb wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 20:11 Five inch heels take a LOT of practice! You might try something lower for cooking and other housework. I have a nice pair of wing-tip oxfords with a 3" block heel that are quite comfortable for all day wear. They aren't as sexy looking as stilettoes with 4" or 5" spikes, but they look OK with my maid's dresses.
Yes. I'd also say look at platforms if you really want high heels. Straight heels at those lengths can be really hard to get used to (I still haven't) but the platforms of the same heel size are very easy to walk in. It really makes a difference.

There is a big crossdressing market out there now. However, this does tend to mean that the sort of 'stripper heels' that most crossdressers seem to want are easier to get hold of than many more practical shoes that most women actually wear day to day. I've got a pair of kitten heels, barely an inch in length, for housework but I am looking for slightly bigger ones than those but not as big as the 5 inch ones I have. Still not found them...

vm1971
Chair Bound

Unread post by vm1971 »

I'm also a size 9 womens. My biggest problem is my wide feet. Most heels with wide sizes also come with a lower heel (3.5" or less) and much more limited selection. There aren't many in the "ultra high heel" category that are also wide.

You can stretch shoes, even synthetic ones but that's always a lot of extra work.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Check out the Torrid brand for fairly stylish but quite high heels. I am lucky enough to fit a pretty common medium width size 9 which everyone makes in pretty much every style. Have you all found a brand or two that fits you best?

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

Spent almost an hour working in the kitchen this morning while wearing 4 inch heels. These were quite comfortable.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I was wearing a pair of 5 inch wedges while working in the kitchen this morning for just over an hour. The wedges have almost a 1 inch platform so they were not too difficult. I could easily have gone another hour if I had to but there were other things to do.

Stahlketten
Strict Strappado

I wore the same pair of wedges for several hours while working around the house and found them comfortable enough to wear all day. I need to find another pair of heels that give me a little more of a workout.

JaniceNoyb
Tightly Hogtied

The absolute most comfortable heels I have found are character shoes like dancers wear. Check out these: https://dancewearcorner.com/collections ... acter-heel
They are billed as being 3” but in my size (US women’s size 10.5) the heel measures 4” (about 100mm). I can easily wear them all day and can do an hour on the elliptical trainer wearing them. They come up to US women’s size 13. They aren’t cheap, but they are VERY nice.