Dungeonmouse is back

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
dungeonmouse51
Unfettered Newbie

Dungeonmouse is back

Unread post by dungeonmouse51 »

I've reactivated my old geocities website on WiX. All the old stories and essays are there plus a new story "These Dreams" and the completion of a story I started in 2005 and just got around to finishing "A Camping Trip." I've got two more long stories and several short ones in the oven and will posting them soon. Drop by and visit.

https://dungeonmouse51.wixsite.com/website
Hard steel on soft shin
Chains rattle as my limbs move
Free to live as me

ruru67
Tightly Hogtied

Re: Dungeonmouse is back

Unread post by ruru67 »

Ooh, nice to see you and your stories back online! Been a while!

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by MsBehavin »

That's great news. Good to see you back again :)

dungeonmouse51
Unfettered Newbie

New story, "Time," posted.
Hard steel on soft shin
Free to live as me

dungeonmouse51
Unfettered Newbie

A new long story, "Dallas Does Dallas," is posted. Like Diedra, Dallas is tough and self-sufficient. Unlike Diedra, Dallas is where she is because she wants to be there.
Hard steel on soft shin
Free to live as me

dungeonmouse51
Unfettered Newbie

I just posted a new short story, "An Odd Event at Burning Man," on my website. Yep, it's an odd event even for Burning Man.
Hard steel on soft shin
Free to live as me

dungeonmouse51
Unfettered Newbie

I've posted two new short stories, "Lab Work" and "Noblesse Oblige" plus an essay "On Bondage Walking." "Lab Work" is a fantasy I had while at a doctor's appointment for a checkup. Medical ethics are violated left and right but, since the action all took place in my head, no one got sued. "Noblesse Oblige" involves self-bondage, medieval irons, a fair damsel and potentially a dragon. This story begs for a sequel which I hope to get around to some day. As those of you who have followed me well know, I am not a fast writer. I'm not even fast enough to be a slow writer. "On Bondage Walking" is the result of field research I've been doing. A how-to guide for something you shouldn't do.
Hard steel on soft shin
Free to live as me

dungeonmouse51
Unfettered Newbie

I wrote a bondage novel entitled "A Dark and Wondrous Place." I decided to see if my writing is competitive in the larger world of online fiction so I published the book thru Smashwords. The book will be released on August 19, 2021. You can learn about the book and download an excerpt at the link below. You'll need to purchase the book to read the whole thing but $2.99 is a pretty good deal for a whole novel. I plan to keep adding short stories and essays to my website, which is free! I've been working on the novel for about six months, which partially explains the long stretches between recent updates to my Wix site. If you read the book, please write a review either on Smashwords or here. Be honest. I need to know how I'm doing.

A Dark and Wondrous Place on Smashwords
Hard steel on soft shin
Free to live as me

dungeonmouse51
Unfettered Newbie

A Dark and Wondrous Place

The book is now on sale at Smashwords! If you use the link above, it will take you directly to my book page on Smashwords. If you search Smashwords, even using the full title, you won't see it in the search results unless you change the filtering to "include all erotica." The filtering selection is at the far right corner of the blue bar at the top of the Smashwords page and is helpfully called "Filtering."

I don't know when the book will be available on other outlets like Kobo or Barnes and Noble. Because it has some non-consensual bondage, I said it contains "non-consensual sexual slavery" which tags it as "taboo." A taboo tag means some outlets won't carry it. Smashwords doesn't distribute through Amazon unless the book reaches a pretty high sales figure. I can input the book into Amazon myself and I will likely do that after I see how the Smashwords distribution is going.

The tags authors attach to their books are basically done on the honor system. I've seen books labeled "mainstream erotica" that are very close to the non-consensual elements in my book. However, if a distributor disagrees with your tags, they can ban you for life from distributing through them. Amazon is apparently bad about this. This being my first foray into online publishing, I decided to be conservative and tag the book as non-consensual. If you've read my Diedra series on the website, the non-consensual elements in A Dark and Wondrous Place are similar.

The world of online publishing through places like Amazon and Smashwords is a completely different ball game than submitting stories to places like Gromet's Plaza or posting them on your website. I spent more time researching online publishing than I did writing a good part of the book!

I hope you enjoy the book. If you read it, please write a review. I need to know how I'm doing.
Hard steel on soft shin
Free to live as me

dungeonmouse51
Unfettered Newbie

ruru67: I got notification of your second private message but have been unable to open it or reply. The forum says my inbox is full. And I only have one PM, your first one!

Anyone: Any idea why my inbox is full with only one private message? I've sent two emails to the moderators but have not received an answer. Thanks in advance.
Hard steel on soft shin
Free to live as me

Petrajane
Strict Strappado

Unread post by Petrajane »

dungeonmouse51 wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 01:11 Anyone: Any idea why my inbox is full with only one private message? I've sent two emails to the moderators but have not received an answer. Thanks in advance.
Possibly a limitation on your not having reached ten posts, so you may be able to see it/reply to now.
I for one never got any PM from you.

MsBehavin
Hopelessly Suspended

Unread post by MsBehavin »

Yeah same here, nothing reached my in box. As PJ said a few more posts to the forum should fix things.