How would you recommend making a Padded Cell

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
JacketMaster
Unfettered Newbie

How would you recommend making a Padded Cell

Unread post by JacketMaster »

I have long been interested in making a padded cell for myself, It would be a fantasy come true if I could make one to match my very particular specifications. Unfortunately, it'd likely be several years at least before I could make one, but a man can dream! In the interim, I'd like to ask, what materials would you recommend someone use and what the general process would be for constructing one. Again, I'm very particular in my desires, so here's some narrowing down.

For starters, I want the entire room covered. Everything. No hard floor, exposed frames, or easily seen doorhandles. I also want the padding to be thick. REALLY thick. So much so that you couldn't normally feel anything solid no matter how hard you jumped or ran into it. It'd like for it to be soft, a nice and squishy outer layer. I'd assume it would need layers, with a very squishy outer layer (either memory foam or that squishy kind they make those toys out of), a more dense middle layer, and a springy high-resistance bottom layer (maybe a mattress, but that'd probably be pretty expensive and unwieldy). The fabric/material coating it is also something I'm not sure of, either a soft fabric that's nice and breathable, or a thin vinyl that will be less comfortable but easier to clean, but I'm open to suggestions!

I might as well post an image that gives a general picture of what I want, here's the big inspiration for me-

Just putting this out there, lemme know about you think!
It's nice and cozy being the Master of Jackets.

blondemod
Tightly Hogtied

Re: How would you recommend making a Padded Cell

Unread post by blondemod »

A padded cell all depends on your space available, ability to alter the space on a permanent basis, and what you can afford materials wise.

Some things to consider that a lot of people don't: Cameras to watch the occupant(s) if completely enclosed, and how to get fresh air into the space if completely enclosed (or nearly so)

My parents built one like so. It's a popular item at the munches/parties they hold. Yes it is a bit high budget.

walls thick padding , like a foot thick on each wall, covered with fake leather (vinyl would be a little harder on your skin) The two side walls move and can be locked in several different spots, to make more or less room (for 1 to 4 occupants in size). The celing is rather low (like maybe 5'8" to 5'8" inside, to induce feeling of being enclosed and tightly controlled. The door is similarly padded, with a slit in the padding you could squeeze between to reach into to undo the door latch (if the latch not pinned from the outside, and if not restrained in the first place so you could actually reach in there..more to taunt the subs and remind them of how helpless they are)

Forced air ducted in at base, exits at top

18 cameras (1 looking straight down from middle, 1 looking straight up from plexiglass at floor, 4 at each corner, with one down at an angle from top, 1 up at a slight angle from foot/ankle level, a chest level cam, and hip level cam from each corner.

Plexiglass UV blocking cover under the roof, so the top roofcan be opened, but still feel enclosed. (The "shack " sits up against the house , and can be looked down into from the 2nd story window over it, with the top cover open)

LED lighting

Speakers and microphones at head level walls

Level firm floor, not padded, as it is ALOT easier to stand on (and clean).

Effort spent? Depends on how much you are going to use it

dsteve
Tightly Hogtied

Re: How would you recommend making a Padded Cell

Unread post by dsteve »

there is a sound deadening product used in high rise condos and apartments. It is meant to go between the concrete and the wood flooring so the downstairs neighbor is not driven mad by upstairs neighbor walking around.https://www.soundproofcow.com/product/i ... erlayment/ About an inch thick and stiff. I think it would make for an excellent padded cell once covered. I think real padded cells have the padding covered in canvas.
Sounds like a great home improvement project.
Of course you will need a closet full of straitjackets to complete the fantasy.
Happy crafting.
dSteve