Slave id registration

Latest information for Gromet's Plaza, GaggedUtopia's Archive. Off-Topic discussion, suggestions and comments are always welcome.
Soapboxron
Unfettered Newbie

Slave id registration

Unread post by Soapboxron »

Hi im new to the BDSM scene, do I need an id and register to become a slave if I do how much does it cost and what is it for

fetishdj
Chair Bound

Re: Slave id registration

Unread post by fetishdj »

No, you don't need anything at all. What you need is between you and your Dominant.

If you like the idea of being registered as a numbered slave or having a BDSM contract or anything like that then that is fine, make sure you mention it when you negotiate your likes/dislikes/limits with a potential dominant and they will tell you if this is something they are willing to do. Some love the idea, some don't.

But there is no requirement by the lifestyle as a whole for anything like this and things like BDSM contracts have no legal basis in law (you cannot sign away anything that is part of your fundamental human rights like your freedom or give anyone consent to give you harm in a way that doesn't lead to them being arrested and put in prison for assault if you choose to report them or the police spot it happening).

As a newbie to the scene, I would suggest you carry on as you are doing and keep posting and reading on forums like this. I'd also say get yourself to a Munch local to your area. A munch is an informal meet of kinksters. Usually these are 'no play/no scene' events where you meet in a public, vanilla place like a pub or restaurant and just talk. No one turns up in leather, no one kneels or calls another 'Master', no one does sploosh scenes with the condiments or ties anyone to the Maitre D's podium... you don't do anything to break the illusion that you are just an ordinary bunch of people having a meet and talking. You save all the kinky stuff for the play events :). This is mainly so that the venue doesn't kick them out but it also serves to make things friendlier for newcomers than a full on play event might be.

A munch will give you local friends and contacts and maybe even potential partners. It will give you people you can attend events with or even do casual play with. They are usually organised by people who are keen to introduce people to each other. There are usually munch ads posted in forums. I know Fetlife has them in their events section (no idea if there is one here)

Feel free to PM if you want to ask any more questions.

Soapboxron
Unfettered Newbie

Re: Slave id registration

Unread post by Soapboxron »

Thank you so much for your advice and I shall be looking for a local munch thanks again